Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
What have you got on order ?
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: What have you got on order ?
... So how does that make it my fault? I don't understand what you mean. 
18-06-2016 02:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Fatboy (06-18-2016)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,305
Not my fault either[Image: smile.gif]. I am wary about ordering stuff from China - the only thing I order is spares for my Aspire tanks - less than half the cost of them in the UK. Tanks and mods I always order from UK suppliers because if there is a problem with them it is easier sorted and sending stuff back to China must be a nightmare. The time factor alone makes it more worthwhile buying from the UK in spite of things costing more.
18-06-2016 02:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
BOB (06-18-2016), Fatboy (06-18-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,094
(18-06-2016 02:41 PM)Michael Wrote:  ... So how does that make it my fault? I don't understand what you mean. 

We choose to order from China. We as in a society have accepted the terms of the sale that we will wait 4-6 weeks for the item, that although we may complain about the customer service, we place another order...if we ALL stopped ordering from China, they would be more likely to set up distribution centres stateside. Employ americans, etc...Amazon has various fulfillment centres that some of these companies partner with and it reduces delivery wait time by 80%...again, employing americans/canadians.
18-06-2016 02:55 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fatboy's post:
Michael (06-18-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Oh ok, I see your point now. I kind of agree, with a caveat. 

China can do whatever the hell it wants, they produce nearly everything so it's not really possible for everyone to quit buying from Chinese companies. 

Yes, I chose to buy from FastTech, and I knew going in that I would be waiting a long time on shipping since I've made an order from them before. But when the difference is between the exact same item for $50 less, and I don't have a lot of money, that's kind of a no-brainer. 

Yeah, if everyone stopped buying stuff from Chinese companies, they might have to do better to get the business back. If everyone worked together and cared about the greater good of everyone then we wouldn't need government either. But neither of those things are possible in the real world. We can't get everyone to stop buying Chinese goods, any more than we can get everyone to stop being selfish and work together. 

Maybe that's a poor analogy, but it's all I can think of at the moment. If I don't buy from FT, they'll sell it to someone else, it doesn't matter to them. 

I'd much rather buy from a B&M shop, this is only my second purchase from FT in all the time I've been vaping and usually I do but things from local shops. But my local shops don't always have what I want, only one local shop had any DNA200 mods at all and they only had two, both of which I hated, so buying online was my only option for this particular item. 
18-06-2016 03:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fatboy (06-18-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Wow, ok I'm impressed. Last time I had to get my gift card reactivated, it took two weeks. I checked FT this morning and it's already been taken care of. Their customer service must be getting better, or else I got extremely lucky. 
18-06-2016 03:38 PM
Fatboy (06-18-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
I know I can't afford local B&M vape shopes.  Their prices are 2x what other websites in US offer, so I choose to give them my business.  I may wring my hands over shipping times, but I'm a year one customer of Amazon. For a long long time, until vaping business cropped up, I stayed with Amazon, because of their prices and customer service.  Surprisingly I now find Amazon has some cheap PG and VG and other DIY supplies.

I had bad experience with vendors from China, thru ebay, so I try to stay away from then.  We can only use our past experiences to make our future decisions.  While there are those on or just visiting TVF, Gina from 3Fvape seems like great customer services.  I see I'm not really making any point except Michael should have no trouble getting his $40 worth of credit, as well as enjoy Fast techs great prices.  If that doesn't happen Fast Tech not only looses his business, but his voice supporting a respected vaping forum.  If Michael ends up a satisfied customer, of Fast Tech, Fast Tech wins.  None of these business' seem in it for the short term.  Nothing is more priceless than a good name. 
18-06-2016 03:55 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like bibliora's post:
Fatboy (06-18-2016), Michael (06-18-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I've enjoyed my dealings with FastTech in the past, apart from the monumental shipping times, but that isn't wholly their fault since they do have to ship it across half of Asia, the entire Atlantic and most of the continental US before it gets to me. I am getting fed up with their billing center messing up every single time I order from them, but that's a small price to pay for cheap vaping gear. And I'm impressed that they got my gift certificate reactivated so quickly this time. 

I'd recommend FastTech if you don't mind waiting for shipping, as long as you don't try to use a gift certificate or refund your purchase. Otherwise they've been great. 

Now that I've got my gift certificate back, I've got a Goon clone, a bunch of wire, some DIY mod-building parts, and a Rubik's cube on the way. Because I want to learn to speed cube, that's why. 
18-06-2016 04:56 PM
Fatboy (06-18-2016)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,220
I wasn't going to ask, just titter to myself about the randomness of it. 

So.. some diy mod parts eh? 

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
18-06-2016 05:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
Fatboy (06-18-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Yes sir! Finally gonna get that LiPo mech done!

Posted a Q in the "LiPo Modding" thread, if you don't mind checking it out Tongue
18-06-2016 05:04 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
Fatboy (06-18-2016), gentlydoingit* (06-18-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,094
(18-06-2016 03:09 PM)Michael Wrote:  Oh ok, I see your point now. I kind of agree, with a caveat. 
China can do whatever the hell it wants, they produce nearly everything so it's not really possible for everyone to quit buying from Chinese companies. 
Yes, I chose to buy from FastTech, and I knew going in that I would be waiting a long time on shipping since I've made an order from them before. But when the difference is between the exact same item for $50 less, and I don't have a lot of money, that's kind of a no-brainer. 

I have my own reasons to avoid China - have since I was a kid and learned about Tibet and their treatment of same....destruction of it's heritage, culture, etc...that's my political issue.... as an adult I have always avoided product from there...try finding a decent pair of mens shoes NOT made in China, even the designer brands manufacturer are there.... yes, there are a few manufacturers out there...a few good ones from Germany, one from Portugal and one from Brazil...and one from the good ol' USA....(for anyone curious, the american manufacturer is San Antonia Shoes - TX).

Back on topic, the mad scientist in me will likely eventually tear a few units apart, solder a bunch of wires together and start making my own...so if I ever ask for people to ship me trashed fried units, you won't think I've totally lost my mind and am starting a museum! Good
18-06-2016 05:11 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Fatboy's post:
ecignut (06-18-2016), gentlydoingit* (06-18-2016), Michael (06-18-2016)