Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What ecig regulations would you bring in?
Mark Benson Offline
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendors

Likes Given: 0
What ecig regulations would you bring in?
The ecig industry has not enjoyed the best of press over the last few months with suggestions that the industry is something of a "wild west" saloon. The fact is that responsible ecig retails and manufacturers would prefer a long term regulatory structure in place to stop the rumours, untruths and blatant lies about the industry. This would also allow companies to plan longer term in relation to investment, services, products, etc.

What ecig regulations would you bring in if it was up to you?

I will start the conversation off:-

I think the move to ban the sale of ecigs to under 18s is a great start and one welcomed by the whole industry

For more information on OK Electronic Cigarettes and the various products available please visit the OKCigs website.
29-01-2014 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark Benson's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-24-2016)
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,066
RE: What ecig regulations would you bring in?
Requirement that ingredients are documented and sources recorded down to batch/lot numbers. In other words that it can be traced back if anything goes wrong. Thinking here more of juices than devices.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
29-01-2014 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-24-2016)
Mark Benson Offline
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendors

Hi Don

Great idea - this would weed out the low quality operators as no responsible ecig retailer/manufacturer would have a problem with that. I saw some politicians looking to use low quality operators and even those switching flavours for illegal substances as a reason for hard hitting regulations.

This seems mad to me as simply ensuring all products are sourced and labelled correctly and prosecute those using the deivces for illegal substances would seem enough to me?

Regards,

Mark

For more information on OK Electronic Cigarettes and the various products available please visit the OKCigs website.
29-01-2014 12:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
vapejuiceuk (05-24-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
I agree with Don we should be able to trace back juice in the same way we can trace good quality cells.

I would introduce a regulation where you cannot introduce a regulation if you haven't got a fucking clue what you are regulating,  although this would be a blanket regulation that covers every aspect of the eu,  punishable by a kick in the nuts from every person this rediculous regulation affects......
29-01-2014 07:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-24-2016)
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,066
(29-01-2014 07:42 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  I agree with Don we should be able to trace back juice in the same way we can trace good quality cells.

I would introduce a regulation where you cannot introduce a regulation if you haven't got a fucking clue what you are regulating,  although this would be a blanket regulation that covers every aspect of the eu,  punishable by a kick in the nuts from every person this rediculous regulation affects......
And imprisonment for taking money from any lobbyist.

And more imprisonment for the lobbyist.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
29-01-2014 08:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-24-2016)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
None, nada, zip. El Zilcho. 

I think the industry is just fine the way it is and if people want to pay extra to know exactly what is in their juice they can do it already or make their own. 

There are already laws for contributing to the delinquency of minors. They can use that to bust people who knowingly sell to kids and it would be more effective than how they bust people now for selling cigs. 

Let them pass a specific law busting people for selling e-cigs and then you will have the government setting up stings like they do with booze and cigs. They send in people who are just under the legal age but who look ten years older than they are. They will have people working for them who buy them on-line too. I think it's pretty simple really, you give them an inch and they will take a mile every single time. No Faustian deals for me.
29-01-2014 08:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-24-2016)
Mark Benson Offline
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendors

Hi Gords1001

You actually made me laugh out loud there lol Good job I am in a room on my own lol

29-01-2014 08:24 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-24-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
Shame it was funny.......I was deadly serious Bomb
29-01-2014 08:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-24-2016)