Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3.88 Average
What did you get today?
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
RE: What did you get today?
That does look like an interesting atty. Maybe once I get my car squared away, I can pick up a 26650 mod and large atty

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
22-08-2014 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
(22-08-2014 12:48 PM)BOB Wrote:  Johnny what are your thoughts on the wolverine 
I wouldn't mind one of those 
Was it from fast tech 
Yes, Bob, I got it from Fasttech. Not sure if it was the wisest choice I've made and it was certainly the most expensive. Was it a mistake? I'm not ready to say that yet but it is flawed.

If you read the FT discussions on the product page you will find them invaluable for any purchase you might be considering, even if you don't buy it from FT. A couple have had issues with poor performance with the Wolverine. I built mine straight up when it arrived and it vapes like a steam engine. Great flavor, as much vapor as any of my drippers. Call me impressed with it!

I sat it down and went to do some things then came back to find a huge puddle and juice just running out of the air holes in the base. F#CK!! It looked like what I was afraid of that I noticed when building it was as feared. The Wolverine, for some crazy reasoning that only it's designers know, is lacking any seal where the chimney tube goes into the top cap. If you are familiar with the normal Russian/91%/Kayfun/KFL then you know that there is a seal at the topcap where the chimney tube enters it. This is to maintain a proper vacuum seal so the law of physics that requires liquid to seek a balance can be skirted.

When your KFL leaks the first thing you should check is that top cap seal because if it's not sealing then the liquid in the tank will flood into the vape chamber and down the air intake holes then out the bottom of the KFL. The Wolverine doesn't have this seal. I stupidly trusted the designers to know what they were doing and figured, like most people might, that something in the design makes it so it doesn't require that seal. If you thought this was the case, like I did, you would be just as wrong as I was. Smile

Someone has posted a decent sounding fix that I have yet to try but plan to tonight that may provide the needed seal at the topcap/chimney joint. If you have small O-rings try placing a couple of them over the chimney tube near the top. They need to fit very tight and not want to slide without great force. When you screw on the tank the hole the chimney tube sticks out with should push down against the O-rings which will be under it. This should create enough seal that the vacuum can be maintained. If it works I will take pics and post the fix. If this is resolved it's a great atomizer.

Another thing you need is a big mod. The Wolverine is at least 31mm wide. My Fat Snow Wolf is 30mm and an atty that is wider than the mod it is on just looks stupid IMO even if it's only 1mm. I want to get a SS 26650 Panzer to use the Wolverine on. It will look incredible on something like that!

This is a HUGE atty! Christ, it's almost as big as the entire mod and it's a solid chunk of heavy SS. If you prefer lightweight rigs then look elsewhere. If you like a thick, solid, heavy rig in your hand (insert penis jokes here) and only plan to use it around the house or on weekends outside then this is your atty. This is the one you want sitting on the end table next to your favorite chair in front of the TV.

I will try to get pics up over the weekend for you to see. It's a biggun' !
22-08-2014 03:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like JohnnyMac's post:
BOB (08-22-2014), Don (08-22-2014)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,917
I got a brass King V today in 26650. Took the cell out of the Hades and put the cell in and the Big Fogger on the King. I thought my toenails were going to come up - it hits way, way harder than the Hades. And i have a cold but I'd been happily vaping the Big Fogger on the Hades all morning without coughing up anything, let alone my toenails.

It's good. Not fond of the huge cutout KING on the back though.
[Image: 14813221547_269564a2c1_b.jpg]

[Image: 14996664741_1baae1e94a_b.jpg]

And an incredibly light little XP-E R2 head with a 510 connector. 3 modes on such a thing is a bit silly but never mind.

(22-08-2014 03:08 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  Someone has posted a decent sounding fix that I have yet to try but plan to tonight that may provide the needed seal at the topcap/chimney joint.  If you have small O-rings try placing a couple of them over the chimney tube near the top.  They need to fit very tight and not want to slide without great force.  When you screw on the tank the hole the chimney tube sticks out with should push down against the O-rings which will be under it.  This should create enough seal that the vacuum can be maintained.  If it works I will take pics and post the fix.  If this is resolved it's a great atomizer.
Hope the fix works for you Johnny! I was just about to ask about it when I saw this. Ah well, that's an (expensive) one off the list till I hear that the fix is possible.

Thanks for taking one for the team!

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
22-08-2014 03:20 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
BOB (08-22-2014)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Nice, King, Don! LOL...I got the same flashlight head from FT as you did and it also arrived yesterday along with my Wolverine and a pair of KFL finned top caps.

You need to be real careful with the 510 threads on that light head. Being aluminum they will get FUBAR real easily. Tongue I am thinking I need an XM-L2 on a Noctigon wired in direct drive in mine. The ultimate tactical light mounted on a mod. Should be little to no voltage drop compared to a normal flashlight body!

Oh, I also got a hybrid adapter ring for the Stingray.
22-08-2014 03:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Don, where did you get your big Fogger? Do they make one in SS or copper?
22-08-2014 03:30 PM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

I got it from RedJuice in the UK. They do make them in SS but I'm not aware of a copper one. It is not the easiest build out there and I own and have built an Ithaka many times. The Ithaka is far easier...

22-08-2014 03:40 PM
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
I've wanted a brass Stingray for as long as I've known they existed.. A nice lil number from Infinite.. ONLY $34.99 at Fluidvapes.com, BUT.. I saw that DA 30 clone from Cloupor..  and couldn't resist. Big Grin I should have it Tuesday. I guess the Stingray will come another day.

http://www.fluidvapes.com/mods/dna-30-wa...by-cloupor

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
22-08-2014 09:16 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Galaxyrider's post:
BOB (08-22-2014), Don (08-22-2014)
Don Offline
Senior Staff

Nice Phoenix!

22-08-2014 09:23 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Very nice, Phoenix! Looking forward to what you think of it. Good
22-08-2014 11:21 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

(22-08-2014 03:20 PM)Don Wrote:  I got a brass King V today in 26650. Took the cell out of the Hades and put the cell in and the Big Fogger on the King. I thought my toenails were going to come up - it hits way, way harder than the Hades. And i have a cold but I'd been happily vaping the Big Fogger on the Hades all morning without coughing up anything, let alone my toenails.

It's good. Not fond of the huge cutout KING on the back though.
[Image: 14813221547_269564a2c1_b.jpg]

[Image: 14996664741_1baae1e94a_b.jpg]

And an incredibly light little XP-E R2 head with a 510 connector. 3 modes on such a thing is a bit silly but never mind.

(22-08-2014 03:08 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  Someone has posted a decent sounding fix that I have yet to try but plan to tonight that may provide the needed seal at the topcap/chimney joint.  If you have small O-rings try placing a couple of them over the chimney tube near the top.  They need to fit very tight and not want to slide without great force.  When you screw on the tank the hole the chimney tube sticks out with should push down against the O-rings which will be under it.  This should create enough seal that the vacuum can be maintained.  If it works I will take pics and post the fix.  If this is resolved it's a great atomizer.
Hope the fix works for you Johnny! I was just about to ask about it when I saw this. Ah well, that's an (expensive) one off the list till I hear that the fix is possible.

Thanks for taking one for the team!
OK, guys. Avoid this until a better version comes out or someone figures out a reliable fix. I have cleaned and dried mine and it is now packed away indefinitely. Damned shame too because it has so much potential. Like any other KFL is guess v3 is a leaker just like the others, only more so.

If anyone thinks they might have better luck than I they can make an offer. It'll be discounted well.
22-08-2014 11:27 PM