Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3.88 Average
What did you get today?
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,156
RE: What did you get today?
I reckon that if you have stock of decent cotton, I'd not pay over the odds for this stuff, but it does make wicking a bit easier. How many times have you replaced wicks? Reckon way more often than I have..

Decent cotton isn't expensive so I personally wouldn't normally bother paying the extra for this stuff.

I can send you a packet of it if you like so you can try it out. It cost me basically nothing on top of my last 3avape order so you're welcome if you want to try it.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
22-10-2020 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
gentlydoingit* (10-22-2020)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,678
 I stocked up on the new version muji a month or so ago. I'd agree, it isn't as good as the original stuff was.. didn't know it had changed until I got it To_take_umbrage

Quite like the easy looking format of the fire bolt cotton. I'd been using cotton bacon derivatives up until the muji purchase. Although I don't do nearly as much wicking as I used to I still emptied the bag pretty quickly. 

I wouldn't put you out, Don, though thanks for the offer Good. I've plenty of cotton, just wish I knew they'd changed it before I bought a Kg of the stuff haha.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
22-10-2020 08:02 PM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,358
(22-10-2020 07:38 PM)Don Wrote:  I reckon that if you have stock of decent cotton, I'd not pay over the odds for this stuff, but it does make wicking a bit easier. How many times have you replaced wicks? Reckon way more often than I have..

Decent cotton isn't expensive so I personally wouldn't normally bother paying the extra for this stuff.

I can send you a packet of it if you like so you can try it out. It cost me basically nothing on top of my last 3avape order so you're welcome if you want to try it.
I mwould ask for a packet but mailing to Canada is prohibitive, sigh. I'll stick with cloud nine

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
23-10-2020 03:00 AM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

(23-10-2020 03:00 AM)paulS Wrote:  
(22-10-2020 07:38 PM)Don Wrote:  I reckon that if you have stock of decent cotton, I'd not pay over the odds for this stuff, but it does make wicking a bit easier. How many times have you replaced wicks? Reckon way more often than I have..

I mwould ask for a packet but mailing to Canada is prohibitive, sigh. I'll stick with cloud nine

Since the stuff will fit in an envelope and weighs very little (I just weighed the entire packaged it is 9g) this won't be a problem. When I get back into town I'll get it into the post.

23-10-2020 07:18 AM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,015
Hi All - the nice Postie has just delivered a package - thank you DonGood2. The IPVRevo automatic squonk mod. After spending about 30 mins. opening the packageTongue it then took me another 30 mins. to fathom out how to separate the juice container from the mod - boy is it tight. I eventually took a knife and carefully prized it open - without any damage. I have two virgin LG HG2's charging and I will get back to you later. I have to say it is a beautiful looking bit of gear and everything about it - including the battery door appear to be very robust. Really looking forward to using this little beauty - I have the Holic RDA all ready to go.
29-10-2020 03:46 PM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

(29-10-2020 03:46 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Hi All - the nice Postie has just delivered a package - thank you DonGood2. The IPVRevo automatic squonk mod. After spending about 30 mins. opening the packageTongue it then took me another 30 mins. to fathom out how to separate the juice container from the mod - boy is it tight. I eventually took a knife and carefully prized it open - without any damage. I have two virgin LG HG2's charging and I will get back to you later. I have to say it is a beautiful looking bit of gear and everything about it - including the battery door appear to be very robust. Really looking forward to using this little beauty - I have the Holic RDA all ready to go.

I do like making sure my packages don't come apart despite the Royal Mail's efforts.

Not all that impressed with them taking more than 3 days to shift a First Class small parcel a couple of hundred miles. Should have been there on Tuesday.

The juice tank has to be a tight fit as it both pumps up and pumps back juice. The default settings it came with might suit you Eddie, I had to turn up the amount pumped up.

It does work nicely with the Holic. Or any other atty I've thrown at it. The monster DTL tanks just aren't my thing so I think they only large tank I own is the Glaz. When I find it, I'll stick it on top of the mod to see how it looks.

Here's mine:
[Image: 50543981213_2b20a00b71_b.jpg]

29-10-2020 05:21 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
ecignut (10-29-2020)
Don Offline
Senior Staff

Not actually arrived yet, but on Monday (According to DHL) I get something that Vapefly is launching on Sunday or Monday.

I don't actually know what it is but since I've not yet had anything from them I didn't love...

Since it is a review freebie, to keep myself honest I'll be giving it away after I've tested/played with it.

So look out for a giveaway shortly.

Problem is Vapefly stuff thus far has been so good I've ended up buying stuff I likely wouldn't have otherwise.

30-10-2020 04:50 PM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

All I can add is - roll on Monday Smile

31-10-2020 09:13 AM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,015
Hi Don - I had a bad day yesterday and did not vape at all - all day[Image: thumbsdown.gif]. Feeling better today and getting back to normal. I have still not used the IPV Revo yet as I still don't know all about the different settings - now that I am feeling better I will study it in great detail - it is a lot more complicated than any other mod I have - never had this chip before - nor a joystick. The Holic is getting very impatientTongue.
31-10-2020 09:41 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Don (10-31-2020)
Don Offline
Senior Staff

Many say that the Yihi chipsets are as good as, or better than the DNA chipsets. I have no opinion on this but the Revo is a complicated beastie.

Enjoy!

31-10-2020 10:14 AM