Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3.88 Average
What did you get today?
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,833
RE: What did you get today?
My condolences Sam. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
29-03-2018 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Skyray Offline
The Little Squonklet
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,189
Always bad to hear Sad i lost mine last August through cancer
Rob you will deff like the Rsq a fantastic squonker
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2018 12:18 AM by Skyray.)
30-03-2018 12:16 AM
DaleJr Offline
Future Squonker

Likes Given: 390
[Image: 2lt6lnr.jpg]

So I received my Dovpro Bushido RDTA in the mail today. Overall, I gotta say it's "alright". At first I had a heck of a time getting the top off to get to the build deck, perhaps from sitting a while it was really stuck to the o ring or something. But I got it. It turned out a set of identical coils that read .26 ohms on my Dark horse were like .36 on this. Could it be because the dual posts are farther apart, hence leaving more wire overall causing a higher Ohm? I'm still learning... Due to this I had to drop my wattage to have it hit more likeable..

At first I left the wicks a little too long, taking up too much room in the already small 2ml tank. lol But I shortened them and think they're where they need to be. But it still seems the cotton kind of wicks up all the juice, which is ok cause I can still vape it. I don't find refilling it too difficult even without a fill port. With a dropper, I can get it next to the wick into the tank. But yea, only 2ml tank but I knew all that when I ordered it.

At the end of the day, I enjoy vaping from my Dark horse more. Much wider drip tip, better blast, plus I guess I just became used to it. But the Dovpro was only $2.99 + shipping, so it didn't hurt and now I kinda know what RDTAs are all about. I'm still glad I have it and am sure it will serve a purpose.
30-03-2018 01:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaleJr's post:
TinWhisker (03-30-2018)
Skyray Offline
The Little Squonklet
FreeCycle

(30-03-2018 01:43 AM)DaleJr Wrote:  [Image: 2lt6lnr.jpg]

So I received my Dovpro Bushido RDTA in the mail today. Overall, I gotta say it's "alright". At first I had a heck of a time getting the top off to get to the build deck, perhaps from sitting a while it was really stuck to the o ring or something. But I got it. It turned out a set of identical coils that read .26 ohms on my Dark horse were like .36 on this. Could it be because the dual posts are farther apart, hence leaving more wire overall causing a higher Ohm? I'm still learning... Due to this I had to drop my wattage to have it hit more likeable..

At first I left the wicks a little too long, taking up too much room in the already small 2ml tank. lol But I shortened them and think they're where they need to be. But it still seems the cotton kind of wicks up all the juice, which is ok cause I can still vape it. I don't find refilling it too difficult even without a fill port. With a dropper, I can get it next to the wick into the tank. But yea, only 2ml tank but I knew all that when I ordered it.

At the end of the day, I enjoy vaping from my Dark horse more. Much wider drip tip, better blast, plus I guess I just became used to it. But the Dovpro was only $2.99 + shipping, so it didn't hurt and now I kinda know what RDTAs are all about. I'm still glad I have it and am sure it will serve a purpose.

That's one i've got and haven't tried yet the dark horse it looks a nice Rda i've been going over the top buying Rda's the past few weeks Sarcastic_hand i prefer putting the adapters on them 810 down to the standard 510 drip tips Smile can't get away with these wide bore tips lol
30-03-2018 02:17 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skyray's post:
DaleJr (03-30-2018)
DaleJr Offline
Future Squonker

Likes Given: 390
(30-03-2018 02:17 AM)Skyray Wrote:  

That's one i've got and haven't tried yet the dark horse it looks a nice Rda i've been going over the top buying Rda's the past few weeks Sarcastic_hand i prefer putting the adapters on them 810 down to the standard 510 drip tips Smile can't get away with these wide bore tips lol

The only other RDA I've tried is the Mr. Owl, which I also own and got from my son. I also prefer the Dark Horse over the Mr. Owl, bigger and much better air flow, vape, etc.

I also realize those 2 are older RDAs, but it's all I've tried so far. I am curious how the newer more popular ones like the Drop and Dead Rabbit vape. I do love the vape at the coils and wattage I have it dialed into on the Dark Horse. If I could attain that without having to drip constantly, I think I would be very content for hopefully a very long time. lol Really though, I don't mind the dripping. The only time it's an issue is when I'm driving and get to the dry hit and have to wait until I stop to to re drip. Smile
30-03-2018 02:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Skyray Offline
The Little Squonklet
FreeCycle

(30-03-2018 02:55 AM)DaleJr Wrote:  
(30-03-2018 02:17 AM)Skyray Wrote:  

The only other RDA I've tried is the Mr. Owl, which I also own and got from my son. I also prefer the Dark Horse over the Mr. Owl, bigger and much better air flow, vape, etc.

I also realize those 2 are older RDAs, but it's all I've tried so far. I am curious how the newer more popular ones like the Drop and Dead Rabbit vape. I do love the vape at the coils and wattage I have it dialed into on the Dark Horse. If I could attain that without having to drip constantly, I think I would be very content for hopefully a very long time. lol Really though, I don't mind the dripping. The only time it's an issue is when I'm driving and get to the dry hit and have to wait until I stop to to re drip. Smile

At the moment i'm using the goon v1.5 and the Velocity there good Rda's through i do have a few others, what you need is a squonk mod and Rda's that can be fitted with the pin to use on the mod or just use a normal tank for the car
30-03-2018 05:44 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skyray's post:
DaleJr (03-30-2018)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,424
My cotton cutters arrived and so did my SXK Squi RDA[Image: smile.gif] - but no sign of my RSQ squonker[Image: sad.gif] - tomorrow maybe.
30-03-2018 08:22 AM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,621
I wish my postie arrived as early as yours. Mine arrives just enough before I get home at lunchtime that I have to visit the PO the next morning.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
30-03-2018 09:25 AM
ecignut Offline
Senior Staff

(30-03-2018 09:25 AM)Don Wrote:  I wish my postie arrived as early as yours. Mine arrives just enough before I get home at lunchtime that I have to visit the PO the next morning.
Hi Don - the mail comes every morning between 9am and 9.15am - never varies[Image: smile.gif].
30-03-2018 09:29 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Don (03-30-2018), Fatboy (03-30-2018)
ecignut Offline
Senior Staff

Just fitted the squonk pin in the Squi - a different kind of pin to all the others - it is not hollow right through but has two holes just below the threads to allow the juice to flow.
30-03-2018 09:54 AM