Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3.88 Average
What did you get today?
IN caver Offline

Likes Given: 4
RE: What did you get today?
I am using the set up that it came with.  I considered changing it but was in to big a hurry to try it out lol.  The flavor from this thing is like nothing I have tried before, simply amazing. I have noticed a slight burnt taste but only when it is low on liquid so for now I will enjoy it as is.  I do have one question. How long will a battery last in this set up? I'm using a 2250 mah IMR. Will I notice a change in the quality of vape that will indicate I should check the voltage?
15-11-2013 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
Congratulations you both, I've done a more complete write up on what I got elsewhere so I'll just add this picture

[Image: 20131115_143458_zpsbf6f37d2.jpg]
Performance out of the box is not too hot on a mech mod, the coils are far too high a resistance for the wattage and airflow available. Stick it on a 15watt capable device though and its extremely impressive, once rebuilt it'll be living on the private v2 as you see in the picture, they complement each other perfectly.
15-11-2013 09:59 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,003
(15-11-2013 09:59 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  they complement each other perfectly.
 A truer word was never said! they were made for each other.
15-11-2013 10:01 PM
gords1001 Offline

The amount of vapour available will taper off long before the cell is dangerously low, thats how I tell its time to recharge, Panasonic pd's seem to work real well and in this application I like that the voltage curve tapers off, less chance of crapping out a battery.

I'm going to get a sentinel in brass myself, also check out my magnetic switch thread. I need to do a little work this weekend to have it spot on but its definitely a worthwhile modification, smooths the switch action right out. If you get stuck I can post you a couple of magnets to do the job.
15-11-2013 10:05 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,003
yeah, pretty much what Graham said above. You'll definitely notice the drop off before your cell gets dangerously low. The Vaping time depends on the quality and mah of the cell along with the resistance of the Atty.

The lower the resistance, the higher the Watts and Amps the Atty will use.
15-11-2013 10:11 PM
IN caver Offline

Thanks Gords I was a little worried about the battery thing. I did check out the magnetic switch, looks cool. might look into one some day but I would like to pick up a genesis style RDA next.
15-11-2013 10:12 PM
gords1001 Offline

I'm currently really struggling with an rsst, I just cant get it to vape satisfactorily,  I'm sure its simply because I'm trying to use whati have and it needs the right mesh to wick correctly but its proving far more frustrating for me than I'd like. I'm going to try an auto dripper micro coil set up next, but I may be simply battling against the huge chamber size, definitely do plenty of research and get everything required,  they also seem really prone to hotspots.

My advice would be to try a bottom coiler like the fogger v2 for example, thats likely to be my next tank putchase. I've seen a build where the coil is vertical above the airhole and the chamber is stuffed with cottonwool like a hhuge cartomiser, seems a clever solution and I've been very impressed with my bottom coilers so far.
15-11-2013 10:27 PM
IN caver Offline

I'll have to check those out.
15-11-2013 10:33 PM
gords1001 Offline

Dont let me totally put you off, im sure its easy to crack, and once you figure out a set up your laughing,  but I found I quickly and easily got my dream bt804 working and I'd never even wrapped a coil, the rsst is testing me much much more, but thats one tank out of literally hundreds of designs and as I say, ive bought nothing specific to build it, where common knowledge suggests you either need 300 to 400 grade stainless mesh or stainless rope, I have tried that and its getting there but I've not given it a good go.

I may also try a stainless mesh/rope hybrid wick. I'll be sure to report what I manage to get to work though as I really would prefer a tank set up to a dripper.
15-11-2013 10:42 PM
IN caver Offline

Yep I like the dripper but I know it won't be very convenient to use outside of the house. So I definately need something with a tank.
15-11-2013 10:57 PM