Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
Cman Offline

Likes Given: 166
RE: What are you listening to?
70's and 80's rock and roll fan , from the mighty Zeppelin to even new wave punk like Missing Persons to AC/DC lol. 
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 09:42 PM by Cman.)
03-05-2015 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cman's post:
Michael (05-04-2015)
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
(18-03-2015 08:59 PM)the orb Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 12:40 AM)Michael Wrote:  Noticed that song's by The Orb... Is that you? If so, well done mate! It sounds awesome Smile

Here's an embedded version, for people too lazy to click the YouTube link.

i will have to own up and say it is not me but a english band from the late eighties, really nice music to relax to, when i was filling in the registration to join the vaping forum i was listening to this, ...
Late '80s?? Hey now, they may have STARTED in the '80sn but The Orb is still going strong today!! I was a HUGE fan back in the mid-late '90s!!

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
12-05-2015 08:31 PM
Don Online
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,068
Wel, if we're talking 80's Smile

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
12-05-2015 09:27 PM
Xprimentyl Offline

I’m a huge fan of Electronic music (username derived from my love of experimental music and the fact that ever since high school Algebra, I thought the phrase “X-Prime” sounded cool.) I’ve been on a big ambient kick lately (Loscil, Fieldhead, Eluvium, etc.) and recently discovered a YouTube playlist of popular Aphex Twin songs played at 66-75% normal speed. It never ceases to amaze me how much subtle changes like tempo can completely change music. “Mookid” has been one of my favorite Twin songs since it came out in the ‘90s; this version is incredible!!

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 10:29 PM by Xprimentyl.)
09-07-2015 06:04 PM
Xprimentyl Offline

Ok, it's gonna be a long night... YouTube just solidified its re-affirmed its value to me. Let the searches commence...

09-07-2015 11:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Xprimentyl's post:
jerryz (07-10-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
Oh Man!! Godsmack

[img]http://[Image: IV-by-Godsmack_zpsgevxqqtj.jpg][/img][/size]

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2015 01:02 AM by jerryz.)
10-07-2015 01:01 AM
Michael Offline
I'm back!

Likes Given: 17,408
I know this is a thread about music, but I have to mention some non-music stuff I've been listening to. I listen to podcasts and audiobooks a lot when I'm driving, my go-to podcasts are Stuff They Don't Want You To Know, Welcome to Night Vale, and The Thrilling Adventure Hour, and I recently finished listening to the audiobook 11/22/63 by Stephen King. Today I found a podcast episode about ecigs that was interesting. The podcast is called "Science Vs" and it compares fads and popular thought with the real science behind it, or so it claims. Their episode about vaping was... immature I think is probably the best word for it. They talked about some good science, but the girl doing the podcast gives little summaries throughout to explain what was just said, and there were several times when I felt she took some "artistic license." For example, there was an interview with a scientist who said that ecigs are much safer than cigarettes, and she said "so basically they're safer by comparison, but still quite dangerous." WHAT THE FUCK? How the hell did she come to that conclusion? Most of it was like that, and I found myself getting slowly rather pissed off at her flippant attitude and twisting of facts. The overall conclusion she came to was that ecigs are generally considered safer than cigarettes, but that they actually KEEP PEOPLE SMOKING because she claims it keeps people addicted to caffeine and allows people to get nicotine in situations where they normally couldn't, such as work and public restaurants, and so people who vape are much more likely to keep smoking. 

WHAT. the actual. FUCK. 

Now I don't have a problem with people voicing their opinions, but claiming that these are facts, while actually using sound clips from interviews with scientists who are saying completely different things and extrapolating negative opinions from that is NOT just voicing an opinion, it's promoting misinformation and propagating the stigma that ecigs are a health risk. 

Needless to say, that is no longer a podcast that I will ever listen to. If they're that far off with one thing, how can I trust them on anything else? 
10-07-2015 09:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
jerryz (07-10-2015), JohnnyMac (08-04-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

(10-07-2015 09:21 PM)Michael Wrote:  I know this is a thread about music, but I have to mention some non-music stuff I've been listening to. I listen to podcasts and audiobooks a lot when I'm driving, my go-to podcasts are Stuff They Don't Want You To Know, Welcome to Night Vale, and The Thrilling Adventure Hour, and I recently finished listening to the audiobook 11/22/63 by Stephen King. Today I found a podcast episode about ecigs that was interesting. The podcast is called "Science Vs" and it compares fads and popular thought with the real science behind it, or so it claims. Their episode about vaping was... immature I think is probably the best word for it. They talked about some good science, but the girl doing the podcast gives little summaries throughout to explain what was just said, and there were several times when I felt she took some "artistic license." For example, there was an interview with a scientist who said that ecigs are much safer than cigarettes, and she said "so basically they're safer by comparison, but still quite dangerous." WHAT THE FUCK? How the hell did she come to that conclusion? Most of it was like that, and I found myself getting slowly rather pissed off at her flippant attitude and twisting of facts. The overall conclusion she came to was that ecigs are generally considered safer than cigarettes, but that they actually KEEP PEOPLE SMOKING because she claims it keeps people addicted to caffeine and allows people to get nicotine in situations where they normally couldn't, such as work and public restaurants, and so people who vape are much more likely to keep smoking. 

WHAT. the actual. FUCK. 

Now I don't have a problem with people voicing their opinions, but claiming that these are facts, while actually using sound clips from interviews with scientists who are saying completely different things and extrapolating negative opinions from that is NOT just voicing an opinion, it's promoting misinformation and propagating the stigma that ecigs are a health risk. 

Needless to say, that is no longer a podcast that I will ever listen to. If they're that far off with one thing, how can I trust them on anything else? 

Michael, I'm with you. This sort of thing happens all the time. The real sadness is that there are people less informed than you are, will listen to what a person like that says, and totally buy into it as truth. Someone once said, if it's mentioned often enough it becomes a myth..if it's said loud enough it becomes truth.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
10-07-2015 11:31 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like jerryz's post:
BOB (07-11-2015), JohnnyMac (08-04-2015), Michael (07-11-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,946
Country music for me - Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and George Jones.
11-07-2015 09:59 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
jerryz (07-11-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

(11-07-2015 09:59 AM)ecignut Wrote:  Country music for me - Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and George Jones.

I never really liked country music. I'm a rocker from the 60's. But I really like the Zac Brown Band.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
11-07-2015 11:52 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jerryz's post:
kodachrome (07-13-2015)