Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are you listening to?
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
RE: What are you listening to?
(10-09-2015 09:57 PM)Don Wrote:  A very good friend of mine is rushing south to a hospital where her mother is dying.

Do not go gentle into that good  night.
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Old age should burn and rave at close of day;[/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Rage, rage against the dying of the light.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Though wise men at their end know dark is right,[/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Because their words had forked no lightning they[/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Do not go gentle into that good night.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright[/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,[/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Rage, rage against the dying of the light.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,[/font]

I'm sorry Don. If she has to go I hope her journey is peacful.

In my flying club one of the guys is kicking himself because he didn't see the signs of his friends eventual suicide. Dan started selling his airplanes dirt cheap. I told him that the "Signs" are not as obvious as we would think.
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,[/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Do not go gentle into that good night.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight[/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And you, my father, there on the sad height,[/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Or[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]THEY told me, Heraclitus, they told me you were dead,  [/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]They brought me bitter news to hear and bitter tears to shed.  [/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I wept as I remember'd how often you and I  [/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Had tired the sun with talking and sent him down the sky.  [/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And now that thou art lying, my dear old Carian guest,  [/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]A handful of grey ashes, long, long ago at rest,  [/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Still are thy pleasant voices, thy nightingales, awake;  [/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]For Death, he taketh all away, but them he cannot take.  [/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Or the one that rips my heart out. But heals.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]There is nothing to compare with the pain of death
[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]You were here, and now you are not.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]That’s all.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I search for you in old photographs, letters[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]things you touched[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]things that remind me of you,[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]but they cannot fill the space you occupied.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The space is in me too,[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]bleeding round the edges where you were torn away.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]In the night, strange spaces haunt the space….[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]regret, fear, fury,[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]all the things we might have done,[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]all the unused dreams.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]How can I go on with this hole inside me?[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]A partial person?[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]God, don’t let me fill the space with the wrong things.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Don’t let me cover it up[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]to eat me from within.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Give me courage to hold my emptiness,[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]to hold it gently[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]till the edges stop bleeding;[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](will they? ever?)[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]till the darkness becomes friendly;[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]till I see some star at its heart;[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]till it becomes a fertile space,[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]growing new life within it.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If we had not loved you, we would not have wept.[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This love you have given us;[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]this love we have carried[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]this love has carried us.[/font]
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And I know that though I cannot see you, touch you, the love does not go away.[/font]

[/font]

I am sorry Don. If she must go, I hope her journey is peacful.

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 01:13 AM by jerryz.)
11-09-2015 01:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like jerryz's post:
Michael (02-23-2016), Spasmod (09-12-2015)
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
The Rolling Stones...Anybody Seen My Baby?
11-09-2015 08:21 PM
JEFF Offline

The Lovin' Spoonful...Summer In The City
11-09-2015 10:32 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JEFF's post:
jerryz (09-11-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
(11-09-2015 10:32 PM)JEFF Wrote:  The Lovin' Spoonful...Summer In The City

How about the Rascals Groovin

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
11-09-2015 11:21 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like jerryz's post:
JEFF (09-11-2015), Spasmod (09-12-2015)
JEFF Offline

(11-09-2015 11:21 PM)jerryz Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 10:32 PM)JEFF Wrote:  The Lovin' Spoonful...Summer In The City

How about the Rascals Groovin

The Young Rascals...Groovin', yeah that is another good one.
11-09-2015 11:38 PM
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,527
in an old country state of mind tonite , got a mix of Willie , Waylon, and Mearl playing . yeah now thats how country's supposed to be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OU4ZhZc5Zw

"The further back you look , the further ahead you can see " Winston Churchill
12-09-2015 05:31 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Chuck-Drl's post:
JEFF (09-12-2015), Michael (02-23-2016), Spasmod (09-12-2015)
JEFF Offline

(12-09-2015 05:31 AM)Chuck-Drl Wrote:  in an old country state of mind tonite , got a mix of Willie , Waylon, and Mearl playing . yeah now thats how country's supposed to be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OU4ZhZc5Zw

Waylon & Willie, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Dollie Parton, Patsy Cline, The Oak Ridge Boys, Lorreta Lynn, Conway Twitty, George Jones, Lynn Anderson, Kenny Rodgers, Donna Fargo, Charlie Daniels...... Ah, all the great songs I used to love to listen to. Unfortunately, new country has invaded the local radio stations. So I have wandered back to the old rock songs of the 60's & 70's, maybe some 80's.

In fact our song (my wife and I) is Conway Twitty and Lorreta Lynn...You're The Reason Our Kids Are Ugly!
12-09-2015 06:20 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like JEFF's post:
Chuck-Drl (09-12-2015), Michael (02-23-2016), Spasmod (09-12-2015)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,577
Just right now I'm trying not to listen to three large dogs who are telling me it's breakfast time Smile

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
12-09-2015 06:46 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Don's post:
BOB (09-12-2015), JEFF (09-12-2015), Spasmod (09-12-2015), tuftony352 (09-12-2015)
tuftony352 Offline

Likes Given: 269
"RAY-DEE-O-AC-TI-VI-TEE - It's in the air, for you and me..."

Since I live less than 200 km south of the Fukushima ELE I've always found Kraftwerk's song, 'Radioactivity', both meaningful and intense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaScyfSHc-Y

My Geiger Counters picked up a powerful storm of Gamma radiation shortly after the explosion so I shall probably be gathered to the bosom of my Maker somewhat sooner than I had hoped. Wink

Careful... he's packing two i134 Terminators. Scare
12-09-2015 10:14 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes tuftony352's post:
Xprimentyl (09-12-2015)
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
(12-09-2015 10:14 AM)tuftony352 Wrote:  "RAY-DEE-O-AC-TI-VI-TEE - It's in the air, for you and me..."

Since I live less than 200 km south of the Fukushima ELE I've always found Kraftwerk's song, 'Radioactivity', both meaningful and intense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaScyfSHc-Y

My Geiger Counters picked up a powerful storm of Gamma radiation shortly after the explosion so I shall probably be gathered to the bosom of my Maker somewhat sooner than I had hoped.  Wink
Nice!! Love me some Kraftwerk!! Well, "used to" at any rate. Their music holds a near and dear nostalgic place in my heart, but they're a bit dated as my tastes have changed towards more complex electronic musics. Still, I can't hear them without smiling!! I wish I could have been alive/of age when they were prominent back in the 70s-80s; would love to have been there when the ground broke and paved the way for basically ALL electronic music's to come...

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 01:47 PM by Xprimentyl.)
12-09-2015 01:46 PM