Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vaping dissatisfaction
bibliora Offline
Person of Interest
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 3,001
RE: Vaping dissatisfaction
There is a savings you guys are missing.  It's the side benefit dollars.  Not as tangible as pack verses juice, but in the last two months I haven't bought allergy meds, cough syrup, breath mints or air freshener.  Even not needing to get your car cleaned as often.

I'm not touching the illusive dollars saved by the medical industry and companies when you stop smoking.

Fatboy, big thanks for chiming in about holes in the shirts, thought I was the only one.
01-06-2016 09:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like bibliora's post:
Fatboy (06-02-2016), Michael (06-02-2016), TinWhisker (06-02-2016)
bibliora Offline
Person of Interest
Super Moderators

(01-06-2016 08:56 PM)paulS Wrote:  [quote pid='50129' dateline='1464798275']
 My wife does not even ask me now if I think her set ups are good because I tease her and call her a 'toodlepuffer' - yes, I know. Not nice.

[/quote]
Now I want to change my screen name to 'toodlepuffer'!  But I wouldn't want to upset your wife Paul.
01-06-2016 09:10 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like bibliora's post:
Don (06-02-2016), Michael (06-02-2016), paulS (06-01-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,551
[/quote]
I have spent easily as much on vaping as on stinkies. I did not start vaping to save money. I really enjoy the hobby aspect of vaping and have zero intentions on cutting down on my gear. I tried and failed. I at one point wanted to cut down to ten mods. There are around thirty in the house between my wife and I. That is after a cleansing (gave a few away to good friends and starting vapers). I at one point said - okay - no more high end Phillipine or stabilized wood mods. But I already have my eye on a few high end mods (oblivion and another). I'm getting a custom wood series made. It is hopeless. I sent a HexOhm out for a do over by the company (switch out the button etc.) and got a HexAngel to use in the meantime. Hopeless.
Honestly I'm not surprised I have only 4 rep points. Every piece of advice I give seems geared towards the hard core DL vapers who love their RDAs. I try and suggest starter kits - my wife is an MTL girl - but I fail at it. My wife does not even ask me now if I think her set ups are good because I tease her and call her a 'toodlepuffer' - yes, I know. Not nice.
I want you guys to love me anyway. I have faults. I'm trying. Honestly.
[/quote]

I'd have to be buying an expensive new mod per month to break even....

Funny thing is the last I was at the shop I was asking about a difference between the mech units...guy started laughing and said he had told me I'd be asking soon.... but indicated there are still a few more options before I get into that line.....

I use my eLeaf mini, my Aspire CF VV and my eLeaf 100W daily....swap and substitute between the 3 all day long - different settings, different juices, difference conference calls and different levels of dealing with stupid people...I have all I need except maybe a large sledgehammer or aluminum bat...but worse of all I lack a solid alibi...so I vape. Smile
01-06-2016 09:13 PM
paulS Offline
mech boy who sometimes toodles
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,018
(01-06-2016 09:10 PM)bibliora Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:56 PM)paulS Wrote:  [quote pid='50129' dateline='1464798275']
 My wife does not even ask me now if I think her set ups are good because I tease her and call her a 'toodlepuffer' - yes, I know. Not nice.
Now I want to change my screen name to 'toodlepuffer'!  But I wouldn't want to upset your wife Paul.
[/quote]

Then don't do it. She has a copyright on the name now. Or so she believes ...

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
01-06-2016 10:20 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like paulS's post:
bibliora (06-02-2016), Fatboy (06-02-2016), Michael (06-02-2016)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,291
It's funny; as much of a "gear guy" as I am in all of my hobbies, I'm not a collector.  I tend to search out what is for me the "perfect solution", and then get it and be happy for a while.

Cars - 1 beater, 1 race car.  Currently just the beater, lol.  If I had Warren Buffet money I'd probably have maybe 6 cars, and only becuase 2 of them would be collectables that I simply must have someday, and I'd need a truck to tow a boat - so that's half of them right there.  And I'm a die-hard car guy.

Audio equipment - I might go through a few pieces while finding what I think is best, but I tend to research and pick and then call it good.  I seldom if ever hold onto unused gear.  And I'm a die hard auduiphile.

Guns - Eh - BIT of a collection there, but again - no duplicates, and they all have a dedicated function.  .380 for conceal carry.  .22 versiono of the carry gun for extra practice (because there was a rime when a .22 LR was a cheaper option, LMAO).  Full size 10mm for open carry/hiking trail gun/backup home defense gun.  12 gauge pump for the house.  Someday probably a rifle, but don't need one right now.  And I'm a die-hard gun guy.  Most of my gun friends have half a dozen or more guns, half of which they own just to own.  I don't get it.

Vaping - When I graduated from pens to an MVP2, I gave away the pens.  When I graduated from teh MVP2, I gave it away.  I bought the Sig 100+ becuase Pulsar made me a super sweet deal, but I was using my i50 - thank goodness I bought the Sig, because the iStick started malfunctioning shortly afterwards (only reason I didn't gove it away, I still have it).  When I graduated to the Aromamizer, I gave the SubTank Mini to a frined that was quitting.  So my entire collection now is the 100+, a non-functional i50, my Aromamizer, and an Atty3 for dripping when I want a flavor break.  Oh - and some mech mods I bought as a lot from a former member here, that I've been selling off or giving away slowly - I keep forgetting I have them, lol.

Currently on the hunt for an older Sig 150+ just because, and I'll get the Aromamizer v2.  may or may not sell off the 100 and Aromamizer when I go - haven't decided yet.

I do have a LOT of batteries though, LOL... 

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
01-06-2016 10:23 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
Fatboy (06-02-2016), Michael (06-02-2016)
phlash Offline

Likes Given: 264
  I initially started vaping for health reasons, not to save money. Back in 2010, most vaping stuff was the old pen type Aspire and Horizon stuff, not much else. At that time, smoking was only costing me about 150 a month, only because we rolled our own, much cheaper than buying packs. Nowadays, I usually spend around 200 a month, but only about thirty of that is spent on DIY juice, the rest is spent on the hobby aspect. But in the long run, vaping is still cheaper. In six years, I would have spent almost $12000 dollars, I've only spent about half that much on vaping altogether. And that's between three people.

I was on another forum before this one, and the caliber of people here is far better. On the other site, if you didn't follow their recommendations to the letter you were an outcast, and if you used anything less than a 100 watt mod you were sucking on a "douche flute". Not cool.
01-06-2016 10:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes phlash's post:
Fatboy (06-02-2016)
bibliora Offline
Person of Interest
Super Moderators

(01-06-2016 10:29 PM)phlash Wrote:  I was on another forum before this one, and the caliber of people here is far better. On the other site, if you didn't follow their recommendations to the letter you were an outcast, and if you used anything less than a 100 watt mod you were sucking on a "douche flute". Not cool.
That is the exact attitude that kept me vaping for so long.  The only thing I ever collected was comics and a passion of Baccarat jewelry.  I can see myself getting into vaping like comics, scary. 

Alternate screen name: "douche flute".  Hey, I'm working my pens for all they are worth.
01-06-2016 10:42 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like bibliora's post:
Michael (06-02-2016), phlash (06-02-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
You collect comics too?? Be my friend! Tongue

Paul, don't feel bad about not having much rep. I think a lot of us forget the rep is even there. I think I have like five or so, even Spas and Johnny are only in the low double-digits Big_boss
02-06-2016 03:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Fatboy (06-02-2016)
paulS Offline
mech boy who sometimes toodles
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,018
I don't feel bad - I just want to catch up to Tin, lol. But seriously, no I'm not concerned about it. Jaded only has seven and he is really good with his advice.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
02-06-2016 03:20 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
Fatboy (06-02-2016), Michael (06-02-2016)
bibliora Offline
Person of Interest
Super Moderators

(02-06-2016 03:13 AM)Michael Wrote:  You collect comics too?? Be my friend! Tongue
Consider yourself friended.  Collecting vaping kit is cheaper than the comic habit, too many crossovers.  At least the vaping world doesn't seem as male dominated as the comic world used to be.  Also added to your rep as your advice is excellent and well written.
02-06-2016 03:36 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes bibliora's post:
Michael (06-02-2016)