Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vaping dissatisfaction
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
RE: Vaping dissatisfaction
(31-05-2016 06:10 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Bilbliora, I hope you did get the RX over the weekend, then the iPV5 soon after. Get that collection started! And since I can tell you're quite technically inclined, get going on making your own coils, too. Fun stuff, really engaging. And taking a nice draw off a freshly built deck and home-mixed juice really brings it together.
I wish.  It was the hubby's turn to indulge his radio habit since his the power supply to his radio setup got zapped.  Next month's toy budget looks like it's going to medical so it may be a while.  The initial investment is going to sting.  I'm working on alternative funding cause I got to have a cool mod and bigger tank and juice supplies and coil supplies and ....

But I have to give everyone a big thank you, even with my mediocre ego-T, with your advice, my vaping experience has improved dramatically.  I'd still be smoking otherwise. 
31-05-2016 06:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like bibliora's post:
Don (05-31-2016), Michael (05-31-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,200
Good point, B. Maybe the new gear isn't quite in the budget, but making friends with the current stuff will last hold you over, and is by far a better alternative to, we know.

How did the hubby get a voice, anyway? Hell, I pay rent to live in my house, seems like. Happy wife, happy life. I'm told that every day and twice on Sunday.
31-05-2016 06:45 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Chuck-Drl (05-31-2016), Michael (05-31-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

(31-05-2016 06:45 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  How did the hubby get a voice, anyway? Hell, I pay rent to live in my house, seems like. Happy wife, happy life. I'm told that every day and twice on Sunday.
The illusion of wearing pants makes him just as happy as if he had his legs covered.  He's been doing the Ham radio thing for years and years.  He's also retired.  A bored hubby does not make a happy wife.
31-05-2016 07:01 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like bibliora's post:
Don (05-31-2016), Michael (05-31-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Ah, got it. I figured it wasn't as it seemed. I'm one of the few that fully understands that whatever I think, I am not in control. It's a fair trade, because although she isn't on any payrolls, she works harder than I ever will.
31-05-2016 07:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Michael (05-31-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
(31-05-2016 07:04 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  It's a fair trade, because although she isn't on any payrolls, she works harder than I ever will.

Marriage in a nutshell. Smile

Now that I've been a staff member for a while (and been on the forum much longer) I blush a little when people talk about "this great place and tremendous people" whether you're talking about me or not, since I've come to consider this forum as an integral part of my life and vice versa. So all I can say is, I felt the same way when I joined, so don't thank me, thank Don and Johnny and Spas and 18sixfifty and Bob and Whiskey and all the folks who've been here much longer and shared their knowledge so us newer folks can in turn pass it on to other new folks who will pass it on later. That's what I love about this forum: everyone is so giving, willing to pass on info to new generations of vapers without asking anything in return. We really are a family here, and we share a passion to play with cool toys help others. 

And of course, the forum wouldn't be the same without all the new faces who join us over time. If it were just the same ten people posting over and over any forum would stagnate and fail, but we have a reputation as a helpful, judgement-free haven for beginners and pros alike, and that reputation comes from everyone involved in this forum, from the founding members down to the newest member.

Oops, my forum pride is showing. I love you guys. I'll be coming to this forum til the day I die. 

I'll stop being sappy and emotional now. This place sucks, amirite?
31-05-2016 08:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Michael's post:
Almost Jaded (05-31-2016), ecignut (05-31-2016), gentlydoingit* (05-31-2016), phlash (05-31-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

(31-05-2016 08:01 PM)Michael Wrote:  [quote pid='50014' dateline='1464721443']
And of course, the forum wouldn't be the same without all the new faces who join us over time. If it were just the same ten people posting over and over any forum would stagnate and fail, but we have a reputation as a helpful, judgement-free haven for beginners and pros alike, and that reputation comes from everyone involved in this forum, from the founding members down to the newest member.

Oops, my forum pride is showing. I love you guys. I'll be coming to this forum til the day I die. 

[/quote]
You should be proud of this forum.  There is no condescension despite the fact I'm sure the same questions are asked again and again.  Honestly, if I hadn't found this place, spouse and I would be fighting about how much I spend on smoking.  While I may not yet understand some of the higher level concepts of building, I can follow the threads now.  Which is a lot more than I can say when I first stumbled on this board.  I just wanted to know what PG and VG % meant. 

While it may not be apparent, this is also a smoking cession forum.  By giving those trying to quit the road to a better vaping experience, you are helping those who want to stop.  I'm serious.  I destroyed a $5K couch with burn holes, and we still don't mention the carpet.  I don't have to hear about how bad my smoking smells, or the mess it makes.  I don't know how you guys keep the trolls away, but keep on keeping on.  Nothing like negative feedback to turn a newbie "whatever" off.

I may only have two weeks since my last pack, but the fact I have only thought about my new mod is a freaking miracle. 
31-05-2016 08:19 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Thanks for sharing your story bibliora Smile it's really great to hear that we've helped you out, vaping sure is amazing innit? 
31-05-2016 08:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,306
Yes I too blame vaping and this forum ---- and I wouldn't change a thing!

I've even managed through peer pressure to get 8 people (and counting) to quit smoking tobacco and they have all thanked me... I've purchased a few pens that I gave away to get a few of them hooked....sort of like the business model for drug dealers...give 'em a "free sample" and they will come back as customers Smile I have actually not made any $$$ but know I've contributed to at least a few healthier people...and all are thankful...

BTW I was in an all day meeting today and during the "smoke breaks" had 2 more people admit they had a pen at home and maybe it was time to charge it and give vaping another chance...after all, if I could do it and be smoke free for almost 3 months, they want to start June on a new path...

THANK YOU ALL!
31-05-2016 09:12 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Fatboy's post:
Almost Jaded (05-31-2016), BOB (06-01-2016), gentlydoingit* (05-31-2016), Michael (06-01-2016)
keshazel Offline

Likes Given: 1
I don't blame this forum. I thank this forum for helping me when I had desperately outgrown my beginner setup and needed to move up. But I am chasing the lung hit for sure. I'm not saving money over cigarettes. That fallacy is long out the window. I just keep telling people I smell better and I'm not throwing holy shirts away any more. Meanwhile I am still in search of the perfect mod.
01-06-2016 09:21 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like keshazel's post:
Fatboy (06-01-2016), Michael (06-01-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

I think we will always be in search of the perfect mod! And I think we'll never catch it. As soon as we find one we praise as perfect, along comes the next 'perfect' one.
01-06-2016 02:59 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Don (06-02-2016), Fatboy (06-01-2016), Michael (06-01-2016)