Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vaping With No Nicotine
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 8,410
RE: Vaping With No Nicotine
Agreed so far with what's been said. I will say, though, that there are a lot of things people ingest that are not optimal, in terms of additives and preservatives, excess sugars, salt, colas instead of plain water, and on and on. Point is, unless you completely cut off manufactured food, and drink and live off the land, you are putting 'unnatural' things into your body every day, multiple times. I say this because in comparison, it is unfair to single out vaping as a source of naughty things, especially since the most comprehensive of studies shows that there is really a low health risk in it. My opinion only, but it's probably along the lines of additives and preservatives found in fast foods and colas, etc. So while it may always be best to avoid starting another method of ingesting things the body doesn't need to survive, I don't see vaping as a terrible thing for a non-smoker to do.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned though... You talk about nicotine being bad. Well, it isn't. In correct levels, such as found in e-liquids, it is nothing more than a stimulant, similar to caffeine. The 'evil' part is that it's found in tobacco leaves, which are obviously leading to it's bad reputation. Using nicotine properly is not harmful, and in fact can be a pleasant stimulant.

So, since you've already chosen to vape, welcome to the club. Remember at all times to do it safely and properly, and the odds are you will be just fine.
07-08-2017 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 6 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Don (08-12-2017), ecignut (08-07-2017), Michael (08-12-2017), ofek (08-12-2017), Toopizard (08-07-2017), Umi (08-13-2017)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 8,715
Well said TW - right on the button as usual.
07-08-2017 03:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Toopizard (08-07-2017)
Kaindog Offline

Likes Given: 190
Agreed as well TW.
As with EVERYTHING the key is moderation.. the thing to remember with cigarettes is nicotine isn't there only BAD ingredient, here are just a few.

Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000chemicals, including 43 knowncancer-causing (carcinogenic)compounds and 400 other toxins. These cigarette ingredients includenicotinetar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehydeammonia,hydrogen cyanidearsenic, and DDT.Nicotine which is highly addictive.

IMO That's all the info I need.
07-08-2017 03:46 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

And lets not forget those who live in or near big cities with poor air quality. Purity is all but unavoidable.
07-08-2017 04:01 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
ecignut (08-07-2017), Kaindog (08-07-2017)
ofek Offline

Likes Given: 3
(07-08-2017 03:01 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Agreed so far with what's been said. I will say, though, that there are a lot of things people ingest that are not optimal, in terms of additives and preservatives, excess sugars, salt, colas instead of plain water, and on and on. Point is, unless you completely cut off manufactured food, and drink and live off the land, you are putting 'unnatural' things into your body every day, multiple times. I say this because in comparison, it is unfair to single out vaping as a source of naughty things, especially since the most comprehensive of studies shows that there is really a low health risk in it. My opinion only, but it's probably along the lines of additives and preservatives found in fast foods and colas, etc. So while it may always be best to avoid starting another method of ingesting things the body doesn't need to survive, I don't see vaping as a terrible thing for a non-smoker to do.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned though... You talk about nicotine being bad. Well, it isn't. In correct levels, such as found in e-liquids, it is nothing more than a stimulant, similar to caffeine. The 'evil' part is that it's found in tobacco leaves, which are obviously leading to it's bad reputation. Using nicotine properly is not harmful, and in fact can be a pleasant stimulant.

So, since you've already chosen to vape, welcome to the club. Remember at all times to do it safely and properly, and the odds are you will be just fine.

Thank you for your comment, I dont think nicotine is evil, I just dont think I need it, thats why I vape with 0 nicotine, I dont smoke ciggarates so I dont smoke anything with nicotine (Well, a bit of hookah Tongue ) so I dont think I want / need to vape with nicotine for no purpose 
12-08-2017 01:46 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

(12-08-2017 01:46 PM)ofek Wrote:  Thank you for your comment, I dont think nicotine is evil, I just dont think I need it, thats why I vape with 0 nicotine, I dont smoke ciggarates so I dont smoke anything with nicotine (Well, a bit of hookah Tongue ) so I dont think I want / need to vape with nicotine for no purpose 

I'm not chastising you for your choice to omit nicotine from your vaping. I just wanted to be sure you were doing it for the right reasons, being lack of desire rather than fear of the nicotine. As the saying goes, 'do what ya dig'.
12-08-2017 05:27 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like TinWhisker's post:
ecignut (08-12-2017), Fatboy (08-13-2017), Michael (08-13-2017)