Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vaping Laws
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,354
Vaping Laws
A word of warning to vapers: be sure to check up on the laws regarding e-cig use in your area and any areas you might travel to. 

I recently ran across this Wikipedia article outlining the legal status of e-cigs in various countries across the world. They also have a detailed list of the laws in various states and cities, though I'm not sure how up-to-date it is, considering some of the information is obviously dated (for example, one line mentions a regulation that " it has not been determined if Sen. Corbett will... reintroduce [the bill] in 2014"). 

I was surprised to find that e-cigs are banned in all public enclosed spaces in Foley, AL, where I just spent several days in a motel. Had I known about the ban, I would have just vaped in my car instead of vaping in my motel room, which technically qualifies as a "public enclosed space." As it is, I just learned about the law AFTER I got back from my trip, so it doesn't really help me now.

So please, check up on the status pf vaping in any areas you might travel to. We (the vaping community) definitely don't need any bad press right now, as the FDA and EU decisions hang in the balance, and it would definitely not be good for one of us to get arrested due to ignorance of the law. It's a bit harrowing to think that I could have potentially faced fines and/or jail time just because I didn't check on the local laws before I visited. 
29-03-2015 05:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael's post:
JEFF (09-12-2015), JohnnyMac (03-29-2015), tuftony352 (09-12-2015)
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
RE: Vaping Laws
Good to check up on the laws in different locations yes, as far as leaving my room to sit in my car & vape?

[Image: tumblr_n7a4giTdhu1tbh1dho1_400_zpsv7hqophc.gif] Hell no
29-03-2015 11:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Whiskey's post:
BOB (03-29-2015), JEFF (09-12-2015), JohnnyMac (03-29-2015), Michael (03-29-2015)
tuftony352 Offline

Likes Given: 269
(29-03-2015 05:24 AM)Michael Wrote:  A word of warning to vapers: be sure to check up on the laws regarding e-cig use in your area and any areas you might travel to. 

I recently ran across this Wikipedia article outlining the legal status of e-cigs in various countries across the world. They also have a detailed list of the laws in various states and cities, though I'm not sure how up-to-date it is, considering some of the information is obviously dated (for example, one line mentions a regulation that " it has not been determined if Sen. Corbett will... reintroduce [the bill] in 2014"). 

I was surprised to find that e-cigs are banned in all public enclosed spaces in Foley, AL, where I just spent several days in a motel. Had I known about the ban, I would have just vaped in my car instead of vaping in my motel room, which technically qualifies as a "public enclosed space." As it is, I just learned about the law AFTER I got back from my trip, so it doesn't really help me now.

So please, check up on the status pf vaping in any areas you might travel to. We (the vaping community) definitely don't need any bad press right now, as the FDA and EU decisions hang in the balance, and it would definitely not be good for one of us to get arrested due to ignorance of the law. It's a bit harrowing to think that I could have potentially faced fines and/or jail time just because I didn't check on the local laws before I visited. 

There are so many laws in existence today that it would take a lifetime to read through them all.

I sometimes think there must be a huge black spider sitting in the center of a gigantic web and extruding threads to enwrap and entrap us all.

I've heard it said that it would be impossible for anyone to get through a single day without unwittingly breaking a bunch of them.

Our world is suffering from a plague of control freaks, people who are afraid of life itself.

Careful... he's packing two i134 Terminators. Scare
12-09-2015 11:02 AM
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,838
ok first of all niccotine is not exclusively a tobacco product . thoug in smaller amounts niccotine is found ; lettuce , spinach , kale , cabbage , broccoli and most other leafy greens .

secod every one is in a pissy about second hand smoke , and now they want to jump all over the one thing that is actually helping smokers quit while haveng no second hand effect .
seems to me it's not so much the smoking or the vaping as something politicians can rally agenst to gain the praise of the feeble minded while avoiding the real issues .

When life hands you lemmons , make lemmon aid . When life hands you coconuts , stuff them in your shirt and ask if they make your boobs look big .
12-09-2015 04:25 PM
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
(29-03-2015 05:24 AM)Michael Wrote:  A word of warning to vapers: be sure to check up on the laws regarding e-cig use in your area and any areas you might travel to. 

Just more thing to add to the list before traveling:
Check local gun laws
Check local smoking and vaping laws
Check hotels to see if they are "pet friendly"
Notified Credit Card company that I will be traveling

Really makes me wonder if I should just stay home and enjoy my time here!
12-09-2015 05:19 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JEFF's post:
Mikedin (09-12-2015)
Mikedin Offline

Likes Given: 21
I hear ya JEFF not only is it a state thing just to go to the next county you need to check laws I live in Niagara county of New York where there is no smoking at all (including vaping) in any public space period and that includes public parks I went 3 counties away (back when I smoked ) and I was allowed to smoke in my hotel room its rediculous you can't do anything these days , so much for living in the land of the....freeDodgy
12-09-2015 10:45 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikedin's post:
JEFF (09-12-2015)