Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vape isn't working please help
DripTip Offline

Likes Given: 0
Vape isn't working please help
o start off, let me list the vapes I have. I have the Kangertech Dripbox 160 kit, the Eleaf Ijust S kit, then a separate RDTA known as the Tobeco Big Dripper v1, and a separate mechanical box mod known as the Dovpo GX200. I have had the Dripbox 160 for a while now, and I wanted to get a tank again. So I bought the Eleaf Ijust S a few days ago, and I have been very happy with the results. I wasn't having any problem with any of my vapes until today. So, last night, I went to a local vape shop and bought the Tobeco Big Dripper v1, I had to put in my own coil, it went well, just a little bit of struggle because the build deck is small, but nevertheless, I still got it working. It was working very well, I have been using it on the battery for my Ijust S, it went well until this morning. I had my Ijust S tank on its battery, but I decided to switch to the Big Dripper again, I put the Big Dripper on as usual, it was working for like 1 or 2 hits, then it stopped. I think it shorted out or something, because the light on the Ijust S is indicating a short circuit, so I tried the Big Dripper on my mech box, the Dovpo GX200, and it worked for 1 hit, then cut out again, then I put the Big Dripper on the Dripbox 160 mod and it was giving me the check atomizer warning, so I figured something is just wrong with the Big Dripper. So I put my Ijust S tank back onto the Ijust S mod, and it was still giving me the short circuit warning, although it was a different tank overall. So I then tried the same tank on my other 2 mods and it worked just fine. I then put the Dripbox 160 RDA on my Ijust S mod, still gave me the short circuit warning, I tried it on the other mods, and it worked fine. So overall, something went wrong when I put the Big Dripper on the Ijust S mod (the Big Dripper is a RDTA, so while it still worked, after 2 hits or so I pushed a button releasing liquid onto the cotton and coil, it was right after that, that is stopped working, I checked it though and its not even like flooded or anything so I don't have a clue what happened there). So my RDA and tank both work, just not on the Ijust S, and the Big Dripper isn't working at all. I think when the Big Dripper went out on the Ijust S, it messed it up so now, know tanks or RDA's are working on the Ijust S mod. Someone please try to help me out. I really don't want to have this be a waste.
01-01-2017 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,236
RE: Vape isn't working please help
Hi DripTip. Welcome to TVF. Reading through your post, it would seem the Big Dripper has caused a malfunction in your Ijust S. I know I'm stating the obvious.. Have you checked all the connection of the Big Dripper? Can you give details about the resistance of the coil fitted in the BD etc. the more info you can give the better.

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
01-01-2017 09:35 PM
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
Welcome to forum DT. I'd suggest the equivalent of a reboot, take the tank apart, clean away, I use an old toothbrush head on the connectors. Put it all back together. I haven't used any of your mods or tanks, so no specific thoughts.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
01-01-2017 10:49 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,378
Hey dt.

The ijust 510 center pin might be stuck in, with something plastic try pushing it down, it should be springy. If it doesn't move it's stuck, try prising it back up.
If that doesn't work then I guess the big d could have shorted it.
What was the resistance of the coils you put in?

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
02-01-2017 01:31 AM
DripTip Offline

Likes Given: 0
(02-01-2017 01:31 AM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Hey dt.

The ijust 510 center pin might be stuck in, with something plastic try pushing it down, it should be springy. If it doesn't move it's stuck, try prising it back up.
If that doesn't work then I guess the big d could have shorted it.
What was the resistance of the coils you put in?
I did check the 510 connection and I made sure it was not stuck, the resistance of the coils are around .2 and .3 ohms
02-01-2017 03:35 AM