Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vanilla Vape
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Vanilla Vape
My first step into mechanical mods came about a month ago, when I bought a copper Vanilla clone from my local vape shop. I had decided to get into the world of rebuildable atties and bought an Igo-W dripper the day before, and it didn't want to work on my MVP2 for some reason (I later figured out that the 510 connection on my MVP2 had been depressed and wasn't making a connection). So I decided it was time to venture into mechanical mods.

The first mechanical mod I ever got was a copper Vanilla clone. I also bought a Kayfun for it, since I drive a lot and wanted something that I wouldn't have to drip. I bought some high VG juice, and I was on top of the world. I started with 9mg juice, since I had been vaping 18mg before and I knew that I liked a lot of nicotine. I didn't realize just how strong 9mg can be on a mechanical mod with an RBA. I instantly fell in love with rebuilding, and I watched about fifty dozen YouTube videos about rebuilding coils, atty reviews, and mod reviews when I got home that night. And for anyone who might be slightly OCD like me and is wondering what "fifty dozen" is, 50x12=600.

The Igo I had was a perfect starter for a guy like me. I had never liked an airy draw when vaping, since I always just pulled it into my mouth before inhaling. The Igo had a very small air hole, and since it was only single coil, it was relatively easy to rebuild. The annoying thing about it is that the connections are screws that are curved at the bottom and (I assume) intentionally designed to spit out any wire you try to trap under it. But that was good practice for my later atties without post holes, like the Veritas. The Kayfun had a similar problem, though its screws were slightly less awful. 

I was blown away when I first built the Kayfun and put it on my mod. It tasted better than any vape I'd ever had up until that point. It produced bigger clouds than the MVP/Protank could, and the head buzz from the nicotine hit like William Perry (and for any of you who aren't American Football fans, William Perry was a football player nicknamed "The Fridge" because he was so huge).

From that point forward, I was addicted. Not to the nicotine: I hadn't been addicted to that since I quit smoking. I was addicted to the lifestyle of vaping. By that I mean the fun hobby of blowing big clouds and having amazing flavor. I'm a flavor junkie and a cloud chaser, which some might see as contradictory, but I just use different atties depending on what I want. But the great thing about rebuildable atties and mechanical mods is that they are inherently better at both flavor and clouds than the MVP/Protank that I had before. My RDA with the worst flavor is still better than the Protank, and same goes for vapor production. It's a fun new world that I've stepped into, and we'll talk about my more recent endeavors in the next psot Smile
04-10-2014 09:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: Vanilla Vape
Great post, Michael! Thanks for sharing.

You need to get yourself a Big Dripper next. Holy cow! What a vape!!!
05-10-2014 02:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
Spasmod (10-05-2014)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I want one so bad Johnny. It seems there aren't many shops that sell it, and the few that do seem to not have the clones, just the pricey original... And I haven't got around to ordering it online cuz I hate having things mailed. I live with my parents at the moment and they don't know I vape, so I have to ship things to a friend's house and then go pick them up and it's a pain. 
05-10-2014 06:39 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (10-05-2014)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Hey Johnny, I got the Big Dripper! Smile I paid way too much for it but at least I didn't have to wait for it to come in the mail. My town had a huge vaping convention this weekend, and one of my local shops had a few Big Drippers for sale. I wasn't able to make it to the convention, but they had two Big Drippers left over so I got one today and I'm loving it!
06-10-2014 11:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (10-07-2014)