Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vamo V5 Resistance vs. Atomizer Resistance - Problems?
RickFost Offline

Likes Given: 0
Vamo V5 Resistance vs. Atomizer Resistance - Problems?
Hello-

I'm relatively new to vaping and am hoping to get into mechanical mods.  I've started with the entry-level Vamo 5.  I've had no problems using the atomizers that came with the kit, nor with pen refill cartridges.  However, I'm interested in dry herb and wax use, as well.

For dry herb use, I purcahsed a Cloupor Cloutank M4 (http://www.cloupor.com/cloutank-m4-vapor...wholesale) and, for wax, I purchased a Cloutank M4 Upgrade Kit (http://clouporusa.com/cloutank-m4-upgrad...ent-glass/

After ordering both Cloupor products, I noticed that the resistance of the heating wires is 1.2-1.3ohm.  The Vamo V5 has a resistance rating of 1.5-5.0ohm.

Am I completely screwed?  Is it still possible to use these atomizers without damaging my Vamo V5?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2014 02:46 PM by RickFost.)
26-09-2014 02:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes RickFost's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-11-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,292
RE: Vamos V5 Resistance vs. Atomizer Resistance - Problems?
I thought the Vamo could fire down to 1.2 Ohms.. I'm not sure about the V5 though. Maybe someone else will know.

Either way you won't damage the vamo so give it a try and see if they work.
26-09-2014 02:54 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-11-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
The website says 1.5ohms is the minimum, but that doesn't really matter. If it's too low, it won't hurt anything it just might not fire. So you might as well try it out because it might fire anyway. 

In your first couple of sentences you mentioned mechanical mods and then said you're starting with the Vamo. I'm really hoping that doesn't mean you think the Vamo is a mechanical mod. If you do, then you really need to do some research because mech mods can be dangerous if you don't know how to use them. If you don't think the Vamo is a mech mod, then just ignore me. Lol just want to make sure everybody's safe when they start using mechs. 
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2014 04:55 PM by Michael.)
26-09-2014 04:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-11-2016)
RickFost Offline

Likes Given: 0
(26-09-2014 04:54 PM)Michael Wrote:  The website says 1.5ohms is the minimum, but that doesn't really matter. If it's too low, it won't hurt anything it just might not fire. So you might as well try it out because it might fire anyway. 

In your first couple of sentences you mentioned mechanical mods and then said you're starting with the Vamo. I'm really hoping that doesn't mean you think the Vamo is a mechanical mod. If you do, then you really need to do some research because mech mods can be dangerous if you don't know how to use them. If you don't think the Vamo is a mech mod, then just ignore me. Lol just want to make sure everybody's safe when they start using mechs. 

Thanks for the replies.  I do appreciate the information.

I apologize for being somewhat unclear.  I am relatively new to vaping and hope, in the near future, to get into mechanical mods.  I certainly don't consider a  Vamos V5 a mechanical mod, but, rather, a second step toward that goal.  Before the Vamos, I had only been using an Atmos vape pen.  I'm the first to admit that I have a lot to learn before truly getting into mech mods, as my beginner question proves...
26-09-2014 05:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes RickFost's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-11-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Ok cool. I figured that's what you meant, but I just wanted to be clear. The fact that you know you have a way to go is a good sign, it means you'll be safe when you do make the jump. And it's awesome to see you on the forum here. You've got great resources here and you'll be rocking that mech mod (or mods, since really you can't have just one lol) in no time. Mech mods and rebuilding are easier than it seems, once you get the hang of the tech and science behind it. When you decide to get a mech, I'd suggest asking around on here cuz these guys have great suggestions to get you going.
26-09-2014 07:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-11-2016)