Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VTR not getting the flavor, advice needed
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: VTR not getting the flavor, advice needed
(05-01-2015 03:09 PM)NCHornet Wrote:  Mike,
Well, I went to the local vape shop and sampled some flavors and guess what? I could hardly taste them and I was using their device. So this means it isn't a problem with the VTR, I will talk to my doctors on my next visit. I am going to try Mt Baker as they allow you to increase the flavor with extra shots. I will order them as strong as they can make it and see if it helps. Can you recommend a RDA that would work well with the VTR? My son is coming home on leave in a couple weeks and he is really into vaping so he will be bringing several different devices for me to try. I will post back when I figure this out, lol!!!!
I had another question, if I leave the VTR on does it drain the battery? I don't think so, but wanted to make sure. I am using the Sanyo 2600 mah battery with the XTAR VC2 charger and I have yet to drain a battery. This is the 3rd day and the VTR is still showing green. 

Getting some juice from Mt Baker is a great idea, or anywhere that lets you dial up the flavor. And if you find that adding the maximum amount of flavor shots is too strong, you can always tone it down with ordinary pharmaceutical VG, though this will also cut the nicotine strength. 

As far as RDAs that work with the VTR... There really aren't any. The VTR is made to handle tanks 19mm or smaller, while most RDAs are either 21mm or 22mm. Also, since RDAs require you to remove the top cap frequently to drip, it'll be a pain getting it on and off with that VTR ring around it. If you have the VTR extension tube, you can put that on there and that would allow you to use pretty much any RDA, since it would be above that ring. Though that kind of defeats the point of the VTR, since it's made to be a low-profile mod for use with tanks. You might want to look into getting a mechanical mod, there are some good clones that are pretty inexpensive and it will work with any size atty. But the VTR should work just fine if you've got the extension tube. 

Regardless of whether you get a new mechanical mod or use the extension ring, my suggestions for RDAs would be the Patriot (here's a link) or a Zenith (here's another link). They're both great atties that are easy to use for beginners and taste great. They're not exclusively beginner atties though, I still use mine a lot even though I own 16 atties (at last count, though I might have gotten more since then lol). 

I usually turn my mods off when they're not in use, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. It's noticeable if I leave them on all day without really using them much, I'll notice they've lost a little bit of power, but it's nothing major. I just figure it's better to be safe than sorry, since I don't want my mods to auto-fire and overheat or anything like that. But really that's a very very unlikely scenario unless you just completely abuse your mod, so nothing to worry about imo.
06-01-2015 01:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply