Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VG or Not PG that is the question
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
RE: VG or Not PG that is the question
Funny you should say that, your spot on. I did pick Virginia tobacco flavor to try and match as close as possible to the tobacco I smoked. Here in the UK tobacco has extra taxes, and so a 50G pack of rolling tobacco would cost £18.58 or almost $27 a pack.

Still worked out cheaper than cigarettes, and we did find ways of buying it from the E.U at £5 a 50G pack.. So for many years bought the cheapest and got use to it.

So e liquid had to match closely, and nicotine levels needed to be high, and using a e-shisha catomizer and EGO battery, 24mg tobacco flavor worked reasonable well.

But none of this is true now, you get a big hit with 12mg.. still to high for me, and so if I have to switch to 6mg I am already thinking I dont need to match the cigarettes anymore.

I already quit smoking, maybe 6 weeks ago now, and dont miss them when I have this gadget, I am truly amazed at how well its been going, and Ive been smoking for 50 years or more !.

Time and time again I have been proved wrong with these devices, nothing as I expected, and what I learn today might be outdated tomorrow.

So your right, I recon I will be trying other flavors, but with 500+ to pick from I dont know where to start, I dont drink so wont want a whiskey flavor.. Do like sweets and fruit, only drink week coffee, but I think I wont go wrong on any of the flavors if I stick to 6Mg nicotine for now.

It maybe a long time before I can quit vaping, but do want to try and settle down after all these new things Ive learned, and still learning

So what did you smoke and did you quit to vaping, what did you start with. I just found out that the local supermarkets are selling the stuff, well its hidden behind doors now, just been told by my son that Walmart (Asda) has lots of the stuff, always thought you needed to know someone to get it hahahaha
09-02-2016 10:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like KingJohn's post:
Michael (02-10-2016), vapejuiceuk (05-20-2016)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,435
(09-02-2016 07:55 PM)Visitor Wrote:  So I want to make 99% perfect coils Smile

And me.. I'm 0 for 6 atm[Image: badday.gif] 

Sorry, not related. Stood out while I was reading though Confused

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
10-02-2016 12:32 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

"And me.. I'm 0 for 6 atm " nah sorry I dont get it remember a newbie here
10-02-2016 12:57 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like KingJohn's post:
gentlydoingit* (02-10-2016), vapejuiceuk (05-20-2016)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,435
Sorry, it was a bit abstractly off topic.
I've been trying to make a new coil for a few days now.. 6 attempts, 6 fails Confused 

Not that I can't build a nice coil you understand.. just not that one.. YET!

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
10-02-2016 01:29 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Well Im an engineer, both mechanical and electrical, city and guilds and all that. But 20 years since I did anything really. And no matter what you know, there is always something new to learn. I pick things up fast, but if there's an easier way, a more professional way, Ill throw money at it and hope to get good results.

I will spend a long time trying to perfect something, then that's it, loose interest and then just buy things ready made.

No sooner am I satisfied, I go change a coil, mix a liquid and everything is wrong again. I now find that if I take air in at the top its even better, so sucking with a 1mm of a gap hahaha

So on another quest to find that adjustable air drip tip, rather do a mix than throw away all these 24mg and 36mg bottles, so using a mix of zero nicotine Vanilla and the 24mg tobacco

Think the 0 nicotine one must have come with a cheap kit on ebay, good job I didnt throw it away.

So by the time I buy the next lot of liquid, I should know what I want this time.

So do you have any kit to build coils, yer you can wrap them around a nail, but heck the kit is cheap to buy.
10-02-2016 02:28 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes KingJohn's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-20-2016)
peter-k Offline

Likes Given: 47
(09-02-2016 06:28 PM)Visitor Wrote:  Thanks, understood, I have bought some new liquid 11mg and 8 mg and a better flavor, waiting for it to come. A quick test using the 24Mg almost killed me, head spinning....

Meanwhile I switched back to the Kanger coil (Square shape) its also 1.5ohms and it works perfect again...

So dont know.. Ive not had any wire to play with so been using pr-made coils and straightening them out, some experimenting to get 1.5 ohms out of some 1.8 (pre made but too large.)

I just never thought about the amount of vapor giving a lot more nicotine.. darn Ill be broke at this rate, have to order more 6mg stuff now...

So whats up with this RBA and my coils, both 1.5 Ohms, same 15W, same liquid, and the original Kanger coil dont look like it has much cotton in it

As for the crackling, I know it can be quite annoying. 

Unfortunately if you follow the wicking guides on almost every Youtribe Vaper's review you will probably end up wicking too loose. They need to maker it look easy for all the folks on the net. Another reason is, for the demo vape they are sucking with full lung capacity so they can show the big cloud on video. Silly, I know. They are getting the toys for free from vendors or dealers, so they gotta do a show. But if you listen careful you often will hear their tanks crackle plenty after their "masterly" wicking.

Real life wicking requires some practice and a few coils experience. Seldom the first coil will "sit" right. I have still the occasional fail, even after almost 1/2 year of coil building. You also need to find your personal style, so don't give up easily. Wick the coil so the cotton almost wants to pull the coil away, fill out the entire chamber bottom with cotton (if there is one), and make sure you really cover the juice holes or channels entirely, that should give you a smoother and quieter vape.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 03:16 AM by peter-k.)
10-02-2016 03:11 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes peter-k's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-20-2016)
paulS Online
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,101
A lot of coils are spaced coils. When you space the coils you will gwet crackling. It doesn't bother me in the least as long as I'm not getting spit back. Now as far as nic levels go ... if you start to really sub ohm you will likely vape at 6 mg max very quickly. You will also likely want at least 60 percent VG sub ohming. Wicking is a preference. I tend not to wick with too much cotton. No Scottish rolls or Pancake for me. I will use as little as I can get away with because I vape a very thick juice 80-90 VG. Those videos I'm sure are also using high VG because you get better clouds from a higher VG. Hence a bit less cotton. Now some RTAs you have to stuff with cotton to prevent leaking - Mutank is an example of that. You have to stuff the channels.

Now early on when I vaped my taste was quite different then today. First there was no way I was vaping an RDA at 125 watts comfortably. I also preferred fruit flavors that were strong and not overly complex. Heck I vaped menthol/mint and cinnamon a lot. My style of vaping, my nic levels, my taste in juices have all changed since early days. There are some things no one can help you with. Experience and time will be your teacher. I say time because it takes time when you quit smoking and start vaping for your body and taste buds to develop and adapt. 

Best advice is to go slow. Be patient. Give your body a chance. When I started I liked higher PG because I could taste juices better. PG carries more flavor. Now I can taste the flavor with much less PG. I don't like the throat hit from higher PG now. See how you feel in a few months and we will have this conversation again.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 04:40 AM by paulS.)
10-02-2016 04:37 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-20-2016)
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Well right now the problem is Im waiting for things to arrive, so really trying to make use of all the wrong things Ive got and its just not doing the job.

When I first started, everything had to be the cheapest, I needed to have a low running cost to beat smoking tobacco, hence a e-shisha kit. I didn't want to fail, so looked at the strengths of the liquid, and the replacement catomizers.

Well I got lucky, after many days of looking for e liquid, I found some 36Mg nicotine tobacco flavor from Vape Mate, and at £5,49 for 30Ml + post, it was great in the cheap kit.

I had ordered some 24Mg from magnifecig and tried that, and it was also good, so after a week I quit the 36Mg and used 24Mg, sadly the price went up at Vape Mate to £7.99

The good news is, when I was typing the post man came, and Im no longer stuck in the house waiting for parcels, and there is a 6Mg magnifecig liquid among my 24Mg, must have ordered it ready to buy a box mod.

So going to try that right now..., back on sub ohm soon Smile
10-02-2016 01:26 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-20-2016)
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Any recommendations on liquids, currently 6Mg tobacco flavor, with 0.5 ohm coil running at 22W Direct to lung, its got a head kick )- just a little crackle
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2016 11:53 AM by KingJohn.)
10-02-2016 01:44 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-20-2016)
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Sorry that should have been any recommendations on liquids on the internet. I know "Vaper Mate" is good at 24mg for clearmizer pen, so going for some 6mg to try, again must be tobacco
14-02-2016 11:56 AM
vapejuiceuk (05-20-2016)