Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unregulated Modz
hs981 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Unregulated Modz
So I currently own a Kbox 200w, and a no name modders tube mech mod, looking to get into unregulated box mods for moar batteries.. But I'm torn between series and parallel, and I don't know a ton of unreg mods but I'm really liking the Twisted Tripple and Noisy Cricket. Any input? 
05-04-2016 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
paulS Offline
I'm incorrigible
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,051
RE: Unregulated Modz
Series mods are really not for beginners. You have to be very familiar withe Noisy Cricket on how hybrid connections work and on how to build for a series mod. The Faq section has useful information on series vs. parallel and hybrid vs 510 connections. The Twisted Tripple is something i have looked at. I like it is run in parallel which means you can actually run it with one, two or three batteries. Big device and should have great battery life. However, for a nice save vape and the feel of an unregulated (it is semi-regulated) I would recommend the Hexohm V2.1 for sure. It is a little more expensive but it is a mod that will last a lifetime. Now I own the Flawless tuglyfe Tugboat parallel mod and have another on the way, I like them that much. This is a solid mech device.

Feel free to ask more questions. Lots of mech users on this forum.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
05-04-2016 04:58 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,220
What he said Biggrin

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
05-04-2016 05:12 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
bdeslaur (04-05-2016), paulS (04-05-2016)
hs981 Offline

I actually know quite a bit about mechs as a whole, not saying I know everything, but I tend to research a lot Tongue. It seems to me that series boxes are "better". My old man grabbed a cricket a while ago and has been running a .65 build on the new geekvape rda and says it chucks the flavor and clouds similar to my tube mod with dual parallel claptons on it and after chain vaping for a few hours the batteries were only down to ~4.1v.. Seems pretty good to me.
05-04-2016 09:40 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Series boxes, especially the cricket, are a whole other kettle of fish from normal mech. Let's just say even with a .65 your old man is still vaping over 100w! I'm not surprised he's chucking cloud..

05-04-2016 10:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
BOB (04-05-2016)
hs981 Offline

Ah, by mechs I meant series/parallel/tube/etc. I like to read up on everything. Again not saying I know everything or even remotely know enough to try to teach others, but enough to operate and use without issue or no safety. But I currently only have a tube mod so no hands on experience. What would you recommend for a first box mod? The twisted tripple really does intrigue me but it could be complete trash for all I know about it.
05-04-2016 10:42 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Series does seem to have better battery life, not sure why. I like them but in small doses, that kind of power isn't somthing I want as an all day vape. Parallel can be built much lower resistance and seems more easy going. I use one as an all day vape only getting through two or three battery changes.
A trio of batteries can't be a bad thing. The twisted triple looks to be a mosfet kinda deal, no reason why it wouldn't be good. If I'm right, it's not a pure mech so you'll not be able to build as low.

06-04-2016 01:33 AM
hs981 Offline

The directions say no lower than .15 but in Twisted420's video explaining how it was made and all the work he's done to create it, it was just a safety thing and can be used down to like .05 safely. I may actually just get the Noisy Cricket. I don't know, so many ideas!
06-04-2016 02:14 AM
paulS Offline
I'm incorrigible
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,051
Parallel battery configurations combine the amperage (always) but not the voltage.
Serial battery configurations combine the voltage (always) but not the amperage.

Your series mech is running at half the amperage of a parallel mech.

The Tewisted has a mosfet that should not allow builds below .15 but apparently it does not work, lol. Reviewers found that indeed it could be run below that. The advantage of the mosfet of course is no hot switches and buttons.

It seems you know what you are doing hs981. As long as you follow the simple rules of battery safety and building the Noisy Cricket is decent enough. I changed to a series mod with a mosfet. I gave my noisy Cricket to gently above. I prefer the added security of the mosfet and it still hits plenty hard. I have the cheap Hannya box in series and love it. It is my ADV this past week.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
06-04-2016 02:14 AM
Poflynn0908 Offline

Likes Given: 1
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I just bought a tesla invader 3 and was told not to put a tank on it cause it's unregulated but my TFV4 seems to work just fine and the net says there's no problem with using tanks on this mod. Any advice?
23-06-2016 02:04 AM