Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unregulated/Mech Box Mods
amsage Offline

Likes Given: 1
Unregulated/Mech Box Mods
I'd really feel a lot safer using two or three 30A batteries in parallel at the resistance I prefer to vape, which is usually .1 ohm or lower...I've got the IMREN 18650's that can handle 60A pulse, but even being careful with my pulls, it scares me to only be using one in a standard tube mod.  It seems like MOSFETs (or similar safety devices) that prevent firing below .1 are pretty common, especially among the more reasonably-priced box mods, like Tesla's offerings...so I'm wondering if any of you super sub-ohmer's out there have a favorite unregulated box mod that you know is safe for vaping at that resistance...some of them seem crazy expensive.  Which, for safety's sake, is reasonable...but as far as a good source for actual unregulated mods goes, I get scared trusting random eBay vendors, or retailers who can't bother to post specifics on their website.
17-04-2015 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Unregulated/Mech Box Mods
I don't know about unregulated box mods, but my suggestion would be to get a high power variable wattage mod and just build at a little higher resistance. Building below .1 ohms is touchy business even with two cells, and it's nearly impossible to measure the resistance accurately below about .2 or so without spending a ton of money on a milliohm meter. In my opinion, there's no reason to stress your mods with super low builds when you can get an equivalent vape with much safer builds by just cranking up the wattage. 
Just my two cents, sorry to derail the thread for a hit. 
17-04-2015 08:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
BOB (04-17-2015), Robjenko (04-18-2015)