Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USB Chargers Wanted
Skyray Offline
The Little Squonklet
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,179
RE: USB Chargers Wanted
(10-03-2016 03:02 AM)KingJohn Wrote:  Yes, the one that originally came with the TAB 4 tablet

Original Charger

Replacement Charger

So not having any problems with the Original charger, used for all phones, tablets, Vita, Tomtom :0 everything. So I bought more of them.

The second one was sent out by Samsung when I had a problem with the battery, so they changed design after many years

Thing is, I always buy high quality USB leads, and very careful because a lot of expensive things gets plugged into these chargers, so Im careful, I have high quality braided leads, darn expensive..

Your replacement charger is the same one as i've just got with my s6 edge a bad design imo i hate the ones you have to pull out and extend designed to break Sarcastic_hand I wouldn't use cheap and nasty leads and chargers with my expensive equipment either its just not worth it and you can't go by price i've seen these cheap ones from China for £1 and also seen UK sellers knocking them out at 5 or 10 times the price, I've noticed the cheap ones are now looking even more like expensive ones with the braided leads so your taking a chance if you buy none originals,
I think batteries are more likely to go wrong with the way most use them letting them run to low before charging them again i'm not saying you do this just an observation i've seen with other people,
I once let my galaxy note 2 battery get to under 10% which killed the battery this was when i stored it away for several months so now i make a point of charging all my batteries every few months the ones that haven't been used,
Through i use the same charger for charging all my devices of an original the rest are stored away as spares i find i never run out of them because i'm always getting new gadgets lol i'm well into my gadgets haha vaping seems to be no different only been vaping 2 months and i've got 3 mods and 5 tanks with more on the way soon Smile
10-03-2016 05:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
Well you know I have Tab 2's Tab 3's and 2 of these TAB 4's its clear now that the Tab 4 isnt has high in quality as the Tab3, may look the same. First thing I spotted was no Infrared...

Well they get charged the way they suppose to get charged.. Ive bought these for the Grand kids, and they would get a hammering, never had any battery problems with them.

It can happen, just got unlucky with this one, but those chargers should have been better so I wont buy them again. Looking for a new model that people might have already bought.

Single port, 2.5A 3A? maybe, more current than I need is always the way I think
10-03-2016 11:50 AM
Skyray Offline
The Little Squonklet
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,179
I've got the Asus 10.1 tab atm can't remember the model number but its not bad Smile through the next one will prob be one of the Samsung tabs most of my phones and all my tvs are Samsung and i've never had a complaint about them,
I've always liked charging my gadgets slowly so don't think i would go above 2 amp unless they came with a bigger chargers
10-03-2016 02:30 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I use a ton of chargers, never really worried about the amps since they're all for similar devices, with the exception of my phone which has a "fast charger" which I only use for the phone since the other devices aren't made for it. I still have several old phone chargers, plus chargers for my Nook HD, Nook Backlight, Samsung TAB, etc, I think I've got about a dozen USB wall chargers, plus a couple of chargers for the cigarette lighter plug in my car, and I've only had problems with one out of all of them. Perhaps it's because I use so many different ones, they're rotated out enough that none of them have failed yet. I've had the USB cord fail a few times, so I just use a different one, and I've bought a few from the dollar store to use in the car. 

I have gotten a bit spoiled thanks to the speed charger though, my phone charges from 0%-100% in about an hour or so, while my other devices take SOOOOOO LONGGGG lol the Droid Turbo is awesome. 
10-03-2016 03:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,250
I haven't used a USB charger on any of my mods since I stopped using the Tesla Sidewinder II pen mod and switched to swappable cells. All I had for the Tesla's was the standard 510 USB chargers that were so painfully slow I bought a couple more Tesla's just to have a backup.

For my non-vape gear I have found that the Amazon 'quick charger' they send with the Kindles works great. It's not truly "fast charge" technology like my Galaxy s6's charger but it does a very good job on the tablets and other micro-USB charged devices.
10-03-2016 04:55 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Michael (03-10-2016)
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

I guess I got unlucky, but 2 going around the same time, and I had given 2 too friends, so will get the faulty one back and strip it down to see if its the same component.

Well I guess buying some on FastTech will be ok.. Oh I do have lots of those cheap 1A colour chargers, they are fine for phones, but I had to start watching people didn't use them for other devices, so removed them out of the way. I just want a single output to stop others cramming tablet leads into them into them :0

And over voltage, short circuit etc protection

Same for car, I have 12V USB single outlet, and they are all protected chargers, just too risky plugging an expensive device into them
10-03-2016 08:42 PM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,589
The "Genuine" Samsung 2A ones FT sell are dodgy. They may even be genuine but are probably quality control failures. One of them failed violently on a friend - destroying the Innokin mod it was charging at the time. That said, the unquestionably genuine Samsung 1A charger that came with my Galaxy S3 has also failed, just less destructively. It will now only produce 20-30mA which is utterly useless.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
10-03-2016 08:56 PM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Yes that's exactly whats happening, a good design being messed up with cheap components when Samsung gets them made at the cheapest price.

Other than pulling my new tall Tab 4 charger apart, I guess it may be worth buying that design. to try.. I guess FastTech is as good as anywhere to buy, at least they dont lie about selling fakes.

I bought some USB doctors, also some 1A 2A and 3A wire wound USB plug in resistors to test these things, but totally useless testing them and then 5 months later they go bang

Just thought wonder if the Qi chargers would be safer, Im guessing there would be some sort of receiver also available
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2016 12:08 AM by KingJohn.)
10-03-2016 11:51 PM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,589
FT will sell you Qi receivers for most things. And plenty of transmitters.

Personally I'm not a fan - you lose half the power for a start, wireless charging is woefully inefficient.

You'll only get an amp out of a Qi device despite an input of 2A

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
11-03-2016 07:28 AM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Yer we have one with the Nokia 1020, however that's only 1A so works great. Just like the old chargers with transformers, hopelessly inefficient but more reliable.
11-03-2016 09:30 AM