Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
UPDATE: SMY 60W group buy is live!
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
RE: UPDATE: SMY 60W group buy is live!
Ok I got it working better now. I switched tanks from my wife's to my tank. All of a sudden it said no atomizer detected. Threw the Dark Horse on it.....no atomizer detected. Huh ? It was the copper 510 screw on the SMY 60. It's extremely loose and flimsy. So if you turn it out to make contact with your tank and dripper every time you take something on and off the screw turns inward until you have no contact. So I made a small plastic washer and put it under the screw. This kept the screw up more and allowed me to tighten the screw good. Now it works like it should! Keep this in mind everyone who has this.

Oh, one more thing. There is a setting for the screen display. It comes default on 3 minutes. What happens is after no vaping for the time that is set on the unit locks itself. Then to unlock it you have to push together the plus and minus buttons and hold them until it unlocks. No way to turn of that feature that I've found yet. So if you set it to one minute thinking your going to save battery life then after one minute of idle time it will lock itself. In other words the two work together. Display and auto lock.
(This post was last modified: 13-05-2015 10:10 AM by Breazy_Com.)
13-05-2015 10:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Breazy_Com's post:
BOB (05-13-2015), Michael (05-14-2015)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Today my SMY60 arrived. Great looking little mod with a groovy looking screen. Arrived in a real nice zippered hard pouch. Once I got past the chinglish confusion for setup it was real easy and straight forward to set up works well too!

My only complaints? Mine arrived with a small gouge in the body along the seam with the battery door. Not a real biggie but disappointing to see. My other complaint is the color. I ordered the red based on the incredible pics of this lustrous red CF battery door. It looks nothing like that in real life. Where the carbon fiber weaves intersect there is a tiny spec of red sparkle that if the light hits it just right can be seen. It looks like glitter woven into the CF. impossible to see without the light hitting it just right and absolutely impossible for the camera to pick up on mine. You can see it briefly (split second) as the camera focuses but out of a dozen attempts I could not get it to photograph. No clue how they managed to get the extremely misleading photos for the product page. I wish I'd gotten the black version. Half the time mine looks black and the other half of the time it looks silver. Actually quite ugly. Maybe I can get some nice CF decal material to replace it with.

Anyone else that got the red have the same issue or does yours look like it does in the marketing photos??
21-05-2015 07:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Rob, does yours look red to you? I mean really red like in the photos.
21-05-2015 07:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,068
(21-05-2015 07:25 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  Rob, does yours look red to you? I mean really red like in the photos.

No mines the same I thought they had sent a black one when I first opened it Undecided

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
21-05-2015 07:33 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

(21-05-2015 07:33 PM)Robjenko Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 07:25 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  Rob, does yours look red to you? I mean really red like in the photos.

No mines the same I thought they had sent a black one when I first opened it Undecided
Sorry to hear that. I find it very misleading of SMY and I'm quite pissed about it.
21-05-2015 07:34 PM
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
I passed on it this time around, Had my finger on the trigger but changed my mind. I too was going to get the red one solely for its candy apple color in the pictures.
21-05-2015 08:16 PM
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
Here's a couple of other things. My magnet on the door feel right off. I crazy glued it and it's fine since. I did notice by accident that the magnets on the box itself have plastic film on them. You would never know it. Peel it off and the door really sticks on there good. So what I've found is I don't like it for the tank. High Voltage tank comes in at .3 ohms. It just doesn't fire it right. Once it gets going it's fine. Like the coil has to warm up. It don't do that on any other mod I have. However, this don't make sense, I throw the Dark Horse on it with dual coil 12 wrap 24 gauge Kanthal .5 ohms and it works wonderful. Now you would think that it would take a lot more power to fire that than the single coil in the High Voltage Tank. So I don't think I would recommend this box to anyone but it does work perfectly for the dripper. They also could have put the time in regular time and not military and the date mm/dd/year instead of the other way. So it looks like they need a V2 of this and double 18650's would have been better. Oh well live and learn. But I still if I haven't somewhere along the way say Thank You to Johnny for putting this together for us!
21-05-2015 09:09 PM
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
Yes Kudo's to Johnny for working so hard putting this together as a group buy at a great price!!!
22-05-2015 06:44 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Having used it for a bit I have to say I really like it. It actually sees my Arctic with the 0.2 ohm coils as 0.3 ohms and fires them quite nicely. At 60W, however, the battery level visibly drops. It's like having an old big block Chevy and flooring it where you can watch your gas gauge drop...LOL.

With the Atlantis on it it vapes wonderfully at 35W and is much easier on the single cell. If you are an Atlantis user this mod is the bomb! With a single cell 60w is really pushing things and you can feel the cell heat up. This is why it's perfect for the Atlantis running at 35W.

Impossible to see the screen outdoors in full sunlight. In the car or indoors it's no issue but then I've yet to see a mod that wasn't like that so no real points against it as far as I'm concerned. I'm slowly getting over the fact that the red looks NOTHING like the pictures and just accepting it for what is is. It is a finger print magnet on the screen face though.

Remember folks, this is a fantastic deal and is still available for anyone who hasn't bought one yet. You don't have to post here to use the coupon code. It's good for anyone who wants to use it.
22-05-2015 07:41 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like JohnnyMac's post:
BOB (05-23-2015), Whiskey (05-22-2015)
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,068
There is no point me saying anything about the mod because you my friends have said it all. I will say a big THANKYOU to Johnny for organising the deal though. To finish I would say I am mostly happy with the mod but I'm not so sure I would be if I had paid full price.. if that makes sense .. Vape On and be happy Bye

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
23-05-2015 10:34 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Robjenko's post:
BOB (05-23-2015), Don (05-23-2015), JohnnyMac (05-23-2015), Whiskey (05-23-2015)