Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UGH! Battery Trouble, help!
ziggychic Offline

Likes Given: 0
UGH! Battery Trouble, help!
Hi guys!

I recently retired my 2 year old vape stick, (that still works, by the way), and upgraded to a Nautilus Mini tank (which I adore), and an istick Eleaf variable wattage battery. I paid well over $80 for the whole setup and that was with my vape store giving me a "deal" because I'm a loyal customer. 

Anyways, I've had this setup for just a little over a month now and this morning it stopped charging. I have no idea why. I'm very careful with my items, especially expensive ones. The battery is showing up empty on the screen and it does the same thing when I plug it in. I saw some tips online that said to vape it until it won't vape anymore and then power it off and plug it up. I did that and still got nothing. I contacted my vape shop and they said all sales are final and no refunds. So, I would pretty much just have to buy a new one... So then I contacted the company that produces the Istick Eleafs and am still waiting for a reply.

Has anyone else had this issue? It's so frustrating. 

Also, do you have any recommendations on GOOD and RELIABLE variable wattage batteries? I could use some honest opinions here because obviously my vape shop is fine with selling me expensive items and not giving exchanges or refunds when they crap out.

Thanks guys
15-03-2015 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: UGH! Battery Trouble, help!
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having. This is the first time I've heard of an iStick causing anyone trouble, mine has worked perfectly for several months and I know several other people here on the forum have them (Whiskey has SIX!) and they've been great. You might have just gotten a lemon, sometimes quality control can't catch everything. Really my suggestion to anyone looking for a reliable, quality vv/vw device is the istick, but I'm sure that's not what you want to hear. Other than the istick, I'd suggest a Vamo device, but you'd need to get some good 18650 batteries and a charger for them. 
15-03-2015 08:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,192
Hi and welcome ziggychic!

I'm not sure of the laws where you are but if the retailer doesn't want to know after a month then your equivalent of Trading Standards (BBB?) will likely be interested in getting involved. Failure after a month is unacceptable.

In the EU and I always thought the US too, the retailer must take responsibility for what it sells being "fit for purpose" which a non-consumable device dying in a month manifestly is not.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
15-03-2015 08:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
Spasmod (03-16-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,014
Yes, definitely look into your consumer rights and if your retailer refuses point blank to give you satisfactory customer service, the community would certainly like to hear about it.

Welcome to TVF Good
16-03-2015 12:25 PM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
Actually, it's not that uncommon for vape shops to sell stuff "as is," all sales final. As long as they tell you up front that it's sold as-is, they don't have to take it back, even if it fails right after you walk out the door. And most shops definitely won't take back juice, I'm not sure if it's even legal for them to take back the juice, since it's a nicotine product, I know you can't take back a carton of cigarettes either. 
17-03-2015 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,192
Such behaviour is illegal in the EU, regardless of what the retailer may claim. I suspect the rules are broadly similar in the US.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
17-03-2015 06:29 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Welcome to TVF, ziggychic. Not saying that any product is immune to the occasional dud but it is the first I've heard of the issue with an iStick. Not trying to cast aspersions on your Vape shop but are you sure the iStick they sold you is a genuine Eleaf product?
18-03-2015 08:04 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,291
First off - which iStick is it?

Secondly - how long after purchase did this happen?

In ANY mass-produced electronic device, bad solder points are gonna happen occasionally.  It's just a fact of life.  And that's what this sounds like to me - the charging port is no longer connected to one of the wires internally.

ELeaf offers a 90 day warranty when you buy directly from them; your retailer should offer SOMETHING, or I wouldn't continue shopping there!  I know my shop staples a copy of the warranty info to my receipt when I purchase equipment.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2015 06:51 PM by Almost Jaded.)
15-04-2015 06:50 PM
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
Sure like to hear more from the OP on this, wonder if she tried to bring it back.
15-04-2015 07:33 PM