Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trident RDA Loose Top Cap
Tootlyfe Offline

Likes Given: 0
Trident RDA Loose Top Cap
I just received my Gold Trident RDA today and its working great and hitting hard, the only problem i have is that the top cap is extremely loose. There is a small amount of play between the body and top cap. If i hold it upside down and shake it, it practically just falls right out, especially if there is any juice on the o-rings whatsoever. Even when its dry though it still comes right off. Ive read reviews and most people say its actually supposed to be more on the side of being too tight. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Can i put thicker o-rings in? Thanks for any advice, it is greatly appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2013 12:46 AM by Tootlyfe.)
19-11-2013 12:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
RE: Trident RDA Loose Top Cap
I would say if you can find thicker o rings then fit them, the hard hits could be coming from air leaks. Mine is do stiff I had to soak it in eliquid to allow me to adjust it lol. 

Did yours come from fasttech? mine is an unbranded clone bought from a uk supplier and does seem very well made.
19-11-2013 09:04 AM
Tootlyfe Offline

I purchased mine from vape royalty and it is very well made as well, I've seen the fasttech ones and this one is far superior in machining quality, the laser engraving is much nicer on mine as well. I'm sure it will be great with thicker o rings. The clones that vape royalty sells are from hcigar, and almost every hcigar clone I've seen has been superior to the tobeco or no named in most cases. I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem. And it's the absolute best price out there, better than fasttech at only $13. They ordered 100 of them to sell as add ons with other sales but now they're on special for $13. Great deal.
19-11-2013 09:22 AM
gords1001 Offline

That is a good deal. Mine was sold as a "triumvirate" by a uk seller for £18 so a lot more expensive,  I do like that it's unbranded, its bad enough that my private v2 clone is branded without everything else saying grand vapor too. I do think its a dammed good rda though.  I'm running 1.3 ohm micro coils and cotton wool. If you've not tried that then I really do suggest you give it a go. I use .25mm kanthal but I might try .2mm next build see if the thinner wire heats faster and if that's a better vape.
19-11-2013 12:14 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,002
If it were mine, I would remove the O-rings and place a single wrap of PTFE (Plumbers Tape/Teflon Tape) in there so it's effectively 'Under' the O-rings then re-fit the O-rings.

You may need 2 or even 3 wraps.

PTFE is VERY heat resistant and impervious to most known corrosive chemicals it's also Food safe. (it also happens to be the slipperiest substance know to man)
19-11-2013 01:13 PM
Tootlyfe Offline

I'll definitely try that! Thanks a lot. I have a feeling that will work well. I'll let you know.
19-11-2013 06:12 PM
Tootlyfe Offline

Spas, thanks alot for that idea! It worked PERFECT!!!! After trimming off the excess tape you cant even tell its there and the tightness of the top cap is right how i want it to be. I really appreciate your input. Happy Vaping.
20-11-2013 07:37 AM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,002
I love the fact that we're all here to bounce ideas around and help one another out. I'm really chuffed that it worked out!

Thanks for letting us know Cool
20-11-2013 12:38 PM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Way to go Spas!  Nice idea you had there.  Glad you got your Trident working properly, Tootlyfe.  I've always wanted to try one of those but I have two Nimbus clones I love very much and will hold off on the Trident.  They sure are purty though. Cool
20-11-2013 04:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gords1001 Offline

A gold trident would look awesome on your m16.....Angel
20-11-2013 06:03 PM