Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Total noob looking for some info
drocksmash Offline

Likes Given: 0
Total noob looking for some info
Hello,

I am pretty new to vaping and was not a smoker prior to it. I have been toying around with different types and liquids and having a pretty fun time. I have purchased this buttonless ecig -

http://www.hookahshisha.org/refillable-h...Path=44_53

And so far am liking it. Having a button caused problems with it being depressed in my pocket and burning out, so this buttonless one is a no brainer. I like that it is small and discrete. The only problem I have is that I am anticipating needing a new clearomizer for it, but dont really understand how these work. If act as if you are going to buy that ecig again, you can add an addtional CE5 clearomizer as an extra, however, the CE05's do not appear to match what I actually have. The clearomizer for this bastone buttonless has an odd bottom that is blue and plugs into two prongs, whereas the clearomizers that are called CE05 appear to be metal and screw in.

ill attach some photos to try and make this easier. Basically, does anyone know if the standard appearing CE05 will fit this ecig?

Thanks in advance - Derek

well, i uploaded 3 photos but they are not there so hopefully they are not needed.

[Image: 20140506_0216542.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 12:09 PM by drocksmash.)
06-05-2014 09:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes drocksmash's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
RE: Total noob looking for some info
Hi and welcome to the forum.

The ce5 clearomisers you've found have a 510 thread which is pretty much an industry standard now. It sounds like your battery has a proprietary conection.

It may be that the atomiser head is the ce5 type so you can screw in a new head. I would first suggest you contact your supplier and ask. Its going to depend on how the device fires as to how interchangeable parts are.

Interesting you have come to vaping as a none smoker, do you mind if I ask if you use nicotine free eliquid or not?
06-05-2014 10:59 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,594
Hi Derek, welcome to TVF

After looking myself I couldn't find anything on 2 prong connectors for buttonless devices (or any other actually) Maybe Gords is right about a proprietary connector of some kind.

I'd like to see the images also, perhaps you can host them somewhere and put them in the post via offsite url's ? the attachment system here is funky and not very intuitive.

Hopefully we can help you out.
06-05-2014 11:06 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
drocksmash Offline

(06-05-2014 10:59 AM)gords1001 Wrote:  Hi and welcome to the forum.

The ce5 clearomisers you've found have a 510 thread which is pretty much an industry standard now. It sounds like your battery has a proprietary conection.

It may be that the atomiser head is the ce5 type so you can screw in a new head. I would first suggest you contact your supplier and ask. Its going to depend on how the device fires as to how interchangeable parts are.

Interesting you have come to vaping as a none smoker,  do you mind if I ask if you use nicotine free eliquid or not?

I guess I should clarify - i was not a regular, cigarette smoker. I always enjoyed a cigarette or two whilst drinking and have often used a hooka at parties and such. I do use around 1.8-2.6 nicotine in my eliquids because i enjoy the buzz without having to worry about being addicted to cigs.

[Image: 20140506_021705.jpg]

[Image: 20140506_0217021.jpg]

[Image: 20140506_0216542.jpg]

Holy christ the photo is huge!  I do not understand how this forum works with image uploads... there is 1 but i cannot get any more lol. edited two links in the original post for the other 2.
Im thinking the only way would be to buy a new whole system for 24$. Sad
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 12:10 PM by drocksmash.)
06-05-2014 12:03 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,594
I fixed the images for you Derek, You're trying to insert them in html format that's why they're not working.

Best thing to do is use the 'insert image' button on the editor toolbar, then just put the url in there. Good

I've not seen that type of connector before but it's sure different to the standard CE5 type (eGo) connector. I would recommend picking up an eGo device as you'll be able to mix and match all standard types of atomizers once you have the standard connector.

PS.. I'm just wondering if the two-pronged blue part will unscrew from the atomizer tank ? if it does then you're sorted Smile
06-05-2014 02:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Welcome to the TVF family, drocksmash!  That is definitely a proprietary connection and it will be hard to find replacement anything except from the manufacturer.  I can understand why you like the idea of buttonless but are you aware that all ego type ecigs with the electronic buttons have a lockout feature that keeps them from firing in your pocket accidentally?  5 quick clicks and the cig is locked out.  Another 5 quick clicks and it's back on and ready to vape.  Might sound inconvenient but it's really not.

I enjoy hookahs as well and love the clouds of flavored smoke they put out.  I would never be satisfied with a little CE4/CE5 clearo jobbie.  As you read up on mechanical mods and safe li-ion cell practices you should consider switching to the heavy hitters.  I'm not a smoker and only vape zero nic juices that I either buy or make myself.  Nothing satisfies like a lungful of dense, tasty vapor that fills the room on an exhale. Smile
06-05-2014 02:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
gords1001 Offline

Thats what I was wondering. Can that bit be unscrewes to reveal a true 510 connection. I doubt it though. That site you linked has 10000 units in stock. On that size of stock you could order what you want and tie your customers into any old shit atomisers.

Ad spas says, I would chalk it up to experience, and pick up a vision spinner, ego twist or itaste vv and one of the good clearomisers available on the market, there's little point investing any more in a set up that ties you to highly expensive shit plastic clearomisers.
06-05-2014 02:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
drocksmash Offline

(06-05-2014 02:45 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  Welcome to the TVF family, drocksmash!  That is definitely a proprietary connection and it will be hard to find replacement anything except from the manufacturer.  I can understand why you like the idea of buttonless but are you aware that all ego type ecigs with the electronic buttons have a lockout feature that keeps them from firing in your pocket accidentally?  5 quick clicks and the cig is locked out.  Another 5 quick clicks and it's back on and ready to vape.  Might sound inconvenient but it's really not.

I enjoy hookahs as well and love the clouds of flavored smoke they put out.  I would never be satisfied with a little CE4/CE5 clearo jobbie.  As you read up on mechanical mods and safe li-ion cell practices you should consider switching to the heavy hitters.  I'm not a smoker and only vape zero nic juices that I either buy or make myself.  Nothing satisfies like a lungful of dense, tasty vapor that fills the room on an exhale. Smile

Here is a reply from the website I got this pen from

Hey Derek,

You're correct the CE5 does Not fit the Bastone Premio. We are currently in the process of updating the website to contain that product. For now you can order the CE5 and just specify in your order comments that you want the Premio Clearomizer and your request will be fulfilled, if you want you can email me the order number after you place the order and I can run down to the warehouse to make sure they get it right.

I hope this helps and I hope you have a great day!

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions,

So looks like I can get another one of those.

I really am all about that vape cloud as well, and have a group of friends that are blowing out truckloads of clouds and are very into the mechanical ecigs. I ended up buying  this http://monstervapors.com/asccustompages/products.asp?fav=0&fpage=1&page=1&categoryID=19&productID=206&pstart=0&recNum=5

I was hoping it would be like those heavy hits i had while trying my friend's cigs, but nope it produced exactly the same hit I get from this buttonless.
I keep this in my pocket and understand the locking mechanism you are mentioning, but all of the mods seem to be giant which is a turn off.
06-05-2014 02:52 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
gords1001 Offline

If you really want clouds, you are going to need a power supply that is capable, the hit you are referring to could be your high nic juice, or your juice maybe high pg, most cloud chasers go for high vg which is smoother on the throat and dramatically drop their nic levels - a sub ohm dripper should be pushing 80 watts you want to smooth that out, trust me, they also have huge airflow as an example

[Image: IMG_648990374231240_zpsehactbb8.jpeg]

That for me is a cloud chasing rig, they're not so big once you get used to them. That particular one has a recessed locking bottom button so the chance of it firing in your pocket is practically nil.
06-05-2014 05:47 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like gords1001's post:
BOB (05-06-2014), vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
drocksmash Offline

(06-05-2014 05:47 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  If you really want clouds, you are going to need a power supply that is capable, the hit you are referring to could be your high nic juice, or your juice maybe high pg, most cloud chasers go for high vg which is smoother on the throat and dramatically drop their nic levels - a sub ohm dripper should be pushing 80 watts you want to smooth that out, trust me, they also have huge airflow as an example

[Image: IMG_648990374231240_zpsehactbb8.jpeg]

That for me is a cloud chasing rig, they're not so big once you get used to them. That particular one has a recessed locking bottom button so the chance of it firing in your pocket is practically nil.

Is there a link on where to buy that? And how in depth is the operation? I do not know the technical side of these yet with coiling and re building. .. Also can it be tipped upside down?
06-05-2014 07:35 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)