Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Thoughts on 100w Eleaf istick ?
HalleyFBabyy Offline

Likes Given: 28
Thoughts on 100w Eleaf istick ?
Okay, so I have an eleaf istick 50w with an aspire Atlantis v2 . and I have to draw the vapor with force to get a good, favorable vape. My friend came over and he let me use his mod with my tank, and it was so much easier to get thick plumes . he has an unregulated box mod with like, a secret agent on it, and it says conspiracy on the other side . he says its about 100w but he thinks its less . so I was looking into getting a 100w mod, it doesn't have to be unregulated .. I think ? Does anyone have experience with the 100w eleaf ? I'm thinking that the 50w is just taking too long to heat up the coil . if I chain vape it gets to where I like it, but it's like I'm sucking for my life up until then ! Bwaha ! 
02-09-2015 08:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,341
RE: Thoughts on 100w Eleaf istick ?
I haven't used the iStick 100W, but I've done a lot of research on it. From what I can tell, it's basically going to be very similar to the 50W, except you need two 18650 cells because it doesn't have an internal battery. Eleaf has been known to make inexpensive mods but sometimes skimp on quality, for example I've heard of several people (including myself) whose iStick 20Ws have stopped working after a few months of heavy use. So I personally wouldn't buy the iStick 100W, because if I'm going to spend that much money I'd just spend a little but more for the Sigelei-100W, which has an immaculate record, I've never heard of anyone having problems with the quality of the Sigelei and I've been using mine for a long time with no problems. I don't mean to say that the iStick is bad, most people don't have any problems with them, but they're just not as well made so why take the risk? 
02-09-2015 02:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
gnazak (10-02-2015), tuftony352 (09-03-2015)
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
I consider it a disposable. I know for some it's a lot of money to spend. But if I were going on a vacation or camping and wanted an item that I wasn't going to be concerned if it broke or got lost this is the one. I have some really good MODS that I don't take out f the house or shop because of the cost and I would be really upset with loss or theft. The I stick 100 isn't one of those MODS. That's how I look at the 100w I stick. Something to use where I don't want to put a better device in harms way.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
02-09-2015 03:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like madecov's post:
HalleyFBabyy (09-02-2015), Michael (09-02-2015), tuftony352 (09-03-2015)
siq Offline

Likes Given: 1
(02-09-2015 02:09 PM)Michael Wrote:  I haven't used the iStick 100W, but I've done a lot of research on it. From what I can tell, it's basically going to be very similar to the 50W, except you need two 18650 cells because it doesn't have an internal battery. Eleaf has been known to make inexpensive mods but sometimes skimp on quality, for example I've heard of several people (including myself) whose iStick 20Ws have stopped working after a few months of heavy use. So I personally wouldn't buy the iStick 100W, because if I'm going to spend that much money I'd just spend a little but more for the Sigelei-100W, which has an immaculate record, I've never heard of anyone having problems with the quality of the Sigelei and I've been using mine for a long time with no problems. I don't mean to say that the iStick is bad, most people don't have any problems with them, but they're just not as well made so why take the risk? 
I have the iStick 100w. Its only been a couple weeks but so far so good. Its something that gets the job done, and something u can take out of the house without worrying about fucking it up. Its also fairly small for a 100 watts.  Remember like anything else u shouldnt be running your mod at full capacity all the time, like your friends with the 20w iSticks.  Kinda like car stereo amps or anything that uses power, you should only run it at 50-75% max if u want it to last... For instance, if u want to vape at 100 watts I'd look into something like the Sigelei 150.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 04:57 PM by siq.)
08-09-2015 04:53 PM
backyardhunter Offline

Likes Given: 13
I have had the istick 100w just over a month make sure to get 2 sets of good quality batteries from a reputable source like your local vape shop. The only thing I do not like is the finish is not a hard anodized finish it scuff easily but I am not vain enough to worry about it's looks as long as it works and it's been running flawlessly
13-09-2015 09:17 PM
thevapingtiger Offline

(02-09-2015 08:14 AM)HalleyFBabyy Wrote:  Okay, so I have an eleaf istick 50w with an aspire Atlantis v2 . and I have to draw the vapor with force to get a good, favorable vape. My friend came over and he let me use his mod with my tank, and it was so much easier to get thick plumes . he has an unregulated box mod with like, a secret agent on it, and it says conspiracy on the other side . he says its about 100w but he thinks its less . so I was looking into getting a 100w mod, it doesn't have to be unregulated .. I think ? Does anyone have experience with the 100w eleaf ? I'm thinking that the 50w is just taking too long to heat up the coil . if I chain vape it gets to where I like it, but it's like I'm sucking for my life up until then ! Bwaha ! 

So I just got the 100w eleaf istick it works amazingly for eleaf's first box mod. I had the kangertech sub omh mini mod and that worked fantastic, but the 100w box mod is just so much better. The only downside is that it rattles I don't know if that's just mine or what but other than that it works exquisitly. I have Samsung 18650 batteries in mine they seem to be the best battery that i have had mine are light blue.
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2015 02:19 AM by thevapingtiger.)
28-09-2015 02:17 AM
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
(02-09-2015 03:14 PM)madecov Wrote:  I consider it a disposable. I know for some it's a lot of money to spend. But if I were going on a vacation or camping and wanted an item that I wasn't going to be concerned if it broke or got lost this is the one. I have some really good MODS that I don't take out f the house or shop because of the cost and I would be really upset with loss or theft. The I stick 100 isn't one of those MODS. That's how I look at the 100w I stick. Something to use where I don't want to put a better device in harms way.

EXACTLY: "I consider it a disposable", which makes this the box to get for my outings 4 wheeling across the desert. This is the next item on my purchase list.
28-09-2015 02:25 AM
gnazak Offline

I don't think that the Eleaf istick is the best quality.  I have the Sigelei 100w Plus and it works perfectly.  I've never had an issue with it and it is very high quality. It may be a little more expensive but it is definitely worth it for the long run.  If you don't want to go with a 2 battery mod I'd recommend the iPV mini 2. It uses one 18650 battery and it goes up to 70 watts which in my personal opinion is definitely enough to get good vape production(I use my Sigelei 100w at 60w and it is the perfect amount). 
02-10-2015 05:03 AM
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
The Sigelei 100 plus, the Sigelei 150 and the IPV 3LI have been the most reliable in my experience. I have yet to have one come back defective and folks have dropped them and they still work without issues. I do like the SMOK X Cube II but I'm not sure of longevity or it's ability to survive a drop.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
03-10-2015 02:57 PM
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
(28-09-2015 02:25 AM)JEFF Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 03:14 PM)madecov Wrote:  I consider it a disposable. I know for some it's a lot of money to spend. But if I were going on a vacation or camping and wanted an item that I wasn't going to be concerned if it broke or got lost this is the one. I have some really good MODS that I don't take out f the house or shop because of the cost and I would be really upset with loss or theft. The I stick 100 isn't one of those MODS. That's how I look at the 100w I stick. Something to use where I don't want to put a better device in harms way.

EXACTLY: "I consider it a disposable", which makes this the box to get for my outings 4 wheeling across the desert. This is the next item on my purchase list.

I have had the Eleaf iStick 100W for a few days now. It is also my first regulated mod box. It is not all 'nifty-neat-o and shiny'. It is a basic aluminum box, that does look like it is a plastic box. It does rattle if I hold it up next to my ears and shake it. It does what I need it to do. It did not cost me a fortune.
07-10-2015 11:26 PM