Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thoughts From Charlie - Diacetyl Study
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
Thumbs Up Thoughts From Charlie - Diacetyl Study
I was just hanging out the Charlie Noble website, and noticed the "Thoughts From Charlie" section where I found this GREAT read on the recent diacetyl scare. I admittedly didn't (don't) know much about it, but smokers and non-smokers alike have been throwing the "popcorn lung" thing in my face ever since I started vaping and I've not had much to defend myself aside from knowing that none of the far more knowledgeable folks in this forum (who vape a lot more and more frequently than I) have reported any medical complications, especially none as horrifying as "popcorn lung." Good to know finally that the reports were as exaggerated and inflated as I suspected. Not that I'm going to actively seek out diketones now or disregard potential harms; it's just comforting to know that my e-juice vendor of choice (oh, Charlie!Give_heart2) is not only willing to display the GLS results for every juice, but on the same site, provide facts and proofs to assuage ignorance-bred fears.

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
19-02-2016 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Xprimentyl's post:
Don (02-19-2016), Michael (02-19-2016), vaped0g (02-21-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Thoughts From Charlie - Diacetyl Study
Great article, thanks for sharing! It kills me to read the comments at the bottom where a couple of people said "you guys are saying vaping is perfectly safe, we'll duh you make vaping juice, it's not safe you're liars!" when in actuality, they made a very obvious point of saying "No, we can't say that vaping is perfectly safe, there isn't enough evidence to prove conclusively that vaping is not at all harmful, but it has been proven to be orders of magnitude safer than smoking, by as much as 95%."
Either the people didn't read the article, or they just ignored that whole section where "Charlie" said all that. 
This is a very well written article with great references and presented in a fun to read but still very factual manner. Unfortunately anti-vaping advocates can't handle that. It seems they can't handle rational thought, all they understand is "YOU GUYS ARE KILLING YOURSELVES AND THAT'S SOMEHOW MY CONCERN SO YOU SHOULD ALL JUST QUIT VAPING AND DIE!!!" 

Sorry, that got a little ranty at the end there... 
19-02-2016 07:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Xprimentyl (02-19-2016)
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
RE: Thoughts From Charlie - Diacetyl Study
I didn’t read the comments for fear of just that; if the internet has taught me anything, it’s that in 99.9999999999% of cases anywhere ever, “the comments section” should be avoided like the plague.

But agreed, I liked the style of the article, how the author grabbed ahold of the reigns of illogical and irrational fears and thoughts in an easy-to-follow, conversational tone only to bring it right around to logical and rational TRUTHS with supporting evidence and links to credible sources.

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
19-02-2016 08:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Xprimentyl's post:
Michael (02-19-2016)