Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thinking About Getting A Hookah
bdeslaur Offline

Likes Given: 28
Thinking About Getting A Hookah
Hello,

I am thinking about purchasing a hookah. My questions are:

1) Does it set off fire alarms? If so, will good ventilation prevent this?
2) Is it smoke or vapor? I've read both. The coals produce Carbon Monoxide, but I'm not sure about the vapor.
3) Are herbal shishas any good? (Shisha stones, etc).
4) Is it worth it to get one in the long run?

Thanks for your input and I apologize about not posting much lately. I've been busy in life.
24-04-2016 01:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
phlash Offline

Likes Given: 264
RE: Thinking About Getting A Hookah
(24-04-2016 01:26 AM)bdeslaur Wrote:  Hello,

2) Is it smoke or vapor? I've read both. The coals produce Carbon Monoxide, but I'm not sure about the vapor.

Thanks for your input and I apologize about not posting much lately. I've been busy in life.
  Hookahs can be alot of fun at parties, that's the only time I ever used one, back in my hippie days in  the eighties. I have heard that the herbal molasses type shisha is very popular with the tobacco free crowd. Regular shisha is just flavored tobacco, probably just as harmful as cigarettes, maybe even worse. Whether or not it's worth it depends on how much you are gonna use it, I guess. Good ventilation is the best bet to keep the alarms quiet. I'm pretty sure that the only ones that produce vapor are the e-hookahs, even the herbal stuff puts out smoke.

You may want to check out http://www.hookah-shisha.com, they have anything you may want, they even have e-hookahs and a small assortment of vape gear, and there are plenty of other sites to choose from. I like the big glass hookahs the best, you can watch the smoke swirl around in them. The big hookahs are pretty pricey,though, around two hundred for a decent two hose setup, the shisha runs from ten to fifty bucks, depending on what you get. And there are accessories you are gonna need too. Almost forgot to mention the shisha stones. They produce steam, not smoke, similar to vapor.

Sorry I don't have more info on this.
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 04:42 AM by phlash.)
24-04-2016 04:34 AM
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes phlash's post:
bdeslaur (04-24-2016)
bdeslaur Offline

Likes Given: 28
(24-04-2016 04:34 AM)phlash Wrote:  

Hookahs can be alot of fun at parties, that's the only time I ever used one, back in my hippie days in  the eighties. I have heard that the herbal molasses type shisha is very popular with the tobacco free crowd. Regular shisha is just flavored tobacco, probably just as harmful as cigarettes, maybe even worse. Whether or not it's worth it depends on how much you are gonna use it, I guess. Good ventilation is the best bet to keep the alarms quiet. I'm pretty sure that the only ones that produce vapor are the e-hookahs, even the herbal stuff puts out smoke.

You may want to check out http://www.hookah-shisha.com, they have anything you may want, they even have e-hookahs and a small assortment of vape gear, and there are plenty of other sites to choose from. I like the big glass hookahs the best, you can watch the smoke swirl around in them. The big hookahs are pretty pricey,though, around two hundred for a decent two hose setup, the shisha runs from ten to fifty bucks, depending on what you get. And there are accessories you are gonna need too. Almost forgot to mention the shisha stones. They produce steam, not smoke, similar to vapor.

Thanks for the answer! Because of that, I ended up purchasing an electronic e hookah. It looks like a hookah, but uses e juice instead of shisha. No coals, no smoke, no ash, no carbon monoxide. Just pure vapor. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
24-04-2016 09:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes bdeslaur's post:
BOB (04-25-2016)
phlash Offline

Likes Given: 264
(24-04-2016 09:04 PM)bdeslaur Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 04:34 AM)phlash Wrote:  

Thanks for the answer! Because of that, I ended up purchasing an electronic e hookah. It looks like a hookah, but uses e juice instead of shisha. No coals, no smoke, no ash, no carbon monoxide. Just pure vapor. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
  Awesome! I was hoping you would do that. Can't wait to see it!
24-04-2016 09:43 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed