Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The future of Temp Control...?
Chum Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 918
The future of Temp Control...?
I see there are a few mods out that claim TC with any type wire. Seems to me that it still is in experimental stage. What are the thoughts on this of other members? I am going to wait until it's perfected...
08-11-2015 06:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,627
RE: The future of Temp Control...?
Hi Chum - The speed at which this industry is moving it would not surprise me if by the middle of next year all coils were adapted to deal with TC. I have Istick 40W TC mods and tried them on the Triton with the .15ohmTC coil - they work fine - not quite the clouds that you can get from the .4ohm coil in the Triton but all the flavour was there. I would personally like to see coils for the Nautilus - my favourite tank - adapted for TC. In the meantime the TC mods are able to be used in standard power mode so by getting one nothing is lost, it is just an extra facility on the mod. BTW - I have 3 Istick 40W TC mods - they only come in 3 colours at present - the grey one is really nice[Image: smile.gif]
08-11-2015 11:26 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Chum (11-08-2015)
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,116
Mods will evolve and coils will evolve. Already we have mods that vape TC with kanthal. Once the ball gets rolling momentum carries it forward. Who would have imagined a DNA200 two years ago? Now I prefer power vaping to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of TC. But if the coils keep improving who knows and if I can vape kanthal with TC or power that would be ideal. I almost opted for the asolo for that reason but I'm going to wait. For sure more mods are coming. And each will be better than the last. This industry is progressing almost too fast. Every week there is a nice new advanced mod, and even better atomizer with twelve different coils, better batteries. It is hard to keep current, lol. As for waiting until something is perfected ... well there will always be something shiny and new and better. Find something you like now. If you are not a hobbyist then you can wait for something truly perfect for you. Myself, I am a bit of a hobbyist and also I want enough mods and atomizers that IF the governments get flakey, I will still have plenty of mods and batteries and tanks that are rebuildable.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
08-11-2015 01:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
Chum (11-08-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
In the future, there will be units that don't rely on the 510 exclusively, that have real sensors in them.  This is inevitable.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
09-11-2015 05:51 PM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,227
I can't wait to see the back of the 510. 

It is far too small for the things that get stuck onto it.

I'd much prefer something like M20x1. That should be far more reliable and harder to damage.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
09-11-2015 07:11 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
I think what we'll see will be more like a solid state connection like a mini USB - not necessarily USB specifically but smoething like that - with a 510-like connection for power.  The tank will snap  onto the data connection and then twist to lock intro the power socket.  This will allow the tank to have real sensors in it rather than relaying on the mod in the chip to read resistance fluctuations.  

Future regulated vaping, the regulation will be in the tank, not the box; or the box will have the primary chip and the tank a sensor, or it'll be an all in one deal like the NeBox - etc.  It won't be what we're seeing now though.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
10-11-2015 06:57 AM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

Camera lenses solved this problem years ago. The contacts are integrated with the mount.

Something like the bayonet mount used on most interchangeable lens cameras would work well, hopefully with more standardisation than the camera makers have ever managed. This may be too expensive to manufacture though.

I can't see a solution with more than one connector being acceptable.

10-11-2015 07:56 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
Almost Jaded (11-10-2015)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,002
I wouldn't mind seeing a revolution on the coil/wick side too. I know there've been unsuccessful ceramic donut attempts, but if something could come along that had temp control, a stupidly long lasting wick and coil that could be cleaned and reused, and didn't leak...
10-11-2015 04:18 PM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

Ceramic wicks would be good - at least with juices that don't gunk up. Some Genesis enthusiast use these. Early attempts were with fishtank airstones. It is said that they give the best flavour of all and you don't have the faff you have carbon coating stainless steel mesh.

With a suitable sintered ceramic you can just burn the thing clean. They should last for years and will have a far higher melting point than the metal parts of the atomiser. You'd need different pore sizes for different juices but such a thing that fitted much as replaceable coils do now would be very interesting.

The problem for the manufacturer would be that they would last for a very long time and that sort of ceramic manufacture is very energy intensive and thus expensive.

The upside would be that they would be extremely fragile...

10-11-2015 05:07 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,002
Well, I have to change my cotton almost daily in the drippers, so paying up and being careful would be a non-issue for me, anyway. But heck, it's a nice thought.
10-11-2015 05:34 PM