Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The M.O.V.E project:
cheefkeef Offline

Likes Given: 4
The M.O.V.E project:
The M.O.V.E project, (Medical Organisations supporting Vaping and Electronic cigarettes), is a new project/initiative co-produced by the likes of such names as Gerry Stimson, Riccardo Pallosa & Konstantinos Farsalinos. This project aims to bring as many healthcare professionals together in support of Vaping and Ecigs, with the goal of benefitting the entire community, both users and industry. If you know of any supportive GP's, Nurses, healthcare practitioners of any kind then please make them aware of this project and ask them to show their support. Be aware, this project is only for the support of healthcare professionals and not the general public, we just need to try and reach as many healthcare professionals as possible to make this project a success. The link below is what we need to get those supportive GP's etc to see & to support, so please do your best to make it visible to those people.

Thanks for your co-operation.

https://sciencecig.wordpress.com/move/
14-01-2015 10:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like cheefkeef's post:
BOB (01-14-2015), Don (01-14-2015), jessica (01-14-2015), Robjenko (01-19-2015), Spasmod (01-14-2015)
jessica Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 300
RE: The M.O.V.E project:
If you write to your Dr to ask them to sign this would you consider posting your letter on here?  it might help to give all of us ideas about what to put in a letter. 
15-01-2015 09:55 PM
Michael Offline
I'm back!

Likes Given: 17,393
Once I find a general care physician, I'll send him/her a letter for sure. Right now I'm looking for a new one, as my old doctor was a pediatrician and I was too lazy to get a "big boy" doctor until recently lol
16-01-2015 05:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
jessica (01-16-2015)
jessica Offline
TVF Veteran

(16-01-2015 05:12 AM)Michael Wrote:  Once I find a general care physician, I'll send him/her a letter for sure. Right now I'm looking for a new one, as my old doctor was a pediatrician and I was too lazy to get a "big boy" doctor until recently lol
wow - you are either very young or extremely healthy! 

Here's an excerpt from a blog post from Carmen Escrig, on the New Nicotine Alliance site, giving more information about MOVE:

Let's MOVE!
NNA is proud to support a new initiative from Spain, which aims to gain support from medical professionals for the use of e-cigarettes as a reduced harm alternative to smoking. Here, Carmen Escrig of EFVI Spain tells us more about the MOVE campaign and how it came about.

There is a new initiative on social networks, called MOVE, which you probably already know about; however, is vital to promote it properly. The MOVE project emerged, like many other initiatives, as a distress signal from the EFVI Spain Platform, to deal with the constant attacks that eCigs have suffered in Spain. There has been an unprecedented disinformation campaign, orchestrated by major medical organizations in the country and as a result, 95% of the Spanish electronic cigarette industry has been closed
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2015 01:11 AM by jessica.)
17-01-2015 01:08 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jessica's post:
Spasmod (01-18-2015)
Michael Offline
I'm back!

Likes Given: 17,393
Haha I'm a little bit of both. 22 years old, and since I was a college student until last May, I was able to stay with my pediatrician that long, which was a good idea since he knows me and has all my records. Now that I'm in the real world, time for a adult doctor.
17-01-2015 01:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
jessica (01-19-2015)
jessica Offline
TVF Veteran

Here are 2 sample letters for the MOVE campaign - if you want to write a letter to your doctor to ask him/her to sign and you need some inspiration please use these for ideas.

1. Dear Doctor _______

Please see the link to the MOVE manifesto below. I hope that you will read it and reflect on its content, and on who has written it. Please review the hundreds of published studies on electronic cigarettes and form your own opinion. And then, imagine a world without tobacco and what it could mean for your patients.

Knowing your values and ethics I am sure that after reading this manifesto you will support it.
https://sciencecig.wordpress.com/2014/10/20/stop-tobacco/

Yours faithfully,

________

2. Dear ……….
Over the last few years a disruptive technology has been developing which has created heated debate within the ranks of Public Health. It is the emergence of the electronic cigarette or personal vaporiser which has ignited this controversy.
It has become increasingly obvious that many doctors, researchers and other relevant academics, understand the important role that these devices can play in reducing the harm done by smoking, indeed, perhaps even the possibility of rendering cigarette smoking redundant.
Against this is the weight of publicity being produced by large organisations using their power and influence to sway, even control the actions of medical practitioners.
However, there is an energetic movement by doctors and grass root public health workers to see a safer alternative to smoking accepted. If you are one of these doctors, researchers or public health workers or belong to any other relevant profession, if you are dedicated to seeing harm being reduced: if you would like to be kept in touch with latest developments and with other professionals of like mind, please read, and if you agree, register with M.O.V.E
You can do so here at https://sciencecig.wordpress.com/201.../stop-tobacco/
Yours faithfully
19-01-2015 07:45 PM
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,398
(17-01-2015 01:32 AM)Michael Wrote:  Haha I'm a little bit of both. 22 years old, and since I was a college student until last May, I was able to stay with my pediatrician that long, which was a good idea since he knows me and has all my records. Now that I'm in the real world, time for a adult doctor.
Wow.. No wonder you were able to sort my grammar out.. Your brain is still fresh Pleasantry

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
19-01-2015 08:38 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Robjenko's post:
Michael (02-02-2015), Spasmod (02-02-2015)
jessica Offline
TVF Veteran

Here's a PDF of a letter you can use to ask your doctor to sign MOVE (thanks to @brainyfurball and @markMagenis)

.pdf  MOVE letter to hand to doctors.pdf (Size: 44.47 KB / Downloads: 3)
02-02-2015 07:46 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like jessica's post:
Michael (02-02-2015), Spasmod (02-02-2015)