Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tesla M2 ?
slick vapor Offline

Likes Given: 0
Tesla M2 ?
I am thinking of getting one of these mech mods, but would like to know first if anyone here has tried one and what the result of that was. I use a variable voltage mod right now with a genesis top coil ss mesh wick. Tell me what you guys think please.
26-11-2013 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
RE: Tesla M2 ?
To be blunt, as long as your mech mod of choice has low voltage drop, any will work well, I still use my vamo's daily, what I am finding is that theten second cut off pisses me off.....you dont get that with a mech.

The key to a mech is coil resistance and cell capability, a good cell with a coil resistance below 1.5ohm is simply awesome,  as long as your mech doesn't drop too much voltage due to internal resistance. I assume a tesla will be good, but I really don't know for sure.

Out of interest,  what grade mesh and what atomiser? I got pissed off with my rsst and went for a micro coil and cotton wool in an auto dripper set up.
26-11-2013 10:13 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,003
Hi Slick, welcome to TVF!

As gords said, you won't see the best out of a Mech Mod until you start vaping at lower resistance levels. While the mech mod's do look lovely, unless you're wanting to chugg some big clouds you'll find the VV/VW mods will work better for you.

I really like the fact that I can vape on my Davide @3.5 watts for a calm and collected trivial vape. Then when I feel like it, the power can be upped to 12 watts for more of a sensible vape Tongue

It all boils down to what you're looking for. I like to have both but I have to admit my Vamo has had a bit of a vacation.

I kind of think of them as wives.. The vamo she's a good old lass who's versatile and cooks a damn good meal and cleans the house. While your mech mod is going to be a crappy cook who can't clean, but you know that where it matters... She's going to Perform! WinkTongue
27-11-2013 10:39 AM
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Welcome to TVF, Slick! I have an Innokin SVD VV/VW and it gets little use since I got into the mechs.  They are just so much more fun to use in their simplicity, variety, and sheer performance.  Most mechs work just fine and I'm sure the Tesla M2 is no exception.  There are tons of very inexpensive options out there and just about every expensive and rare mech custom has been cloned and is available for under $30 somewhere.  Shop at a site that has an active vaping community and read the reviews and comment threads to get the skinny on what is good or bad about a particular product.

Poke around through here at the various discussions and see what the rest of us currently have and are using.  If you see something interesting just ask away.  We'd be happy to answer any questions and offer opinions. Wink
02-12-2013 04:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(26-11-2013 10:13 PM)gords1001 Wrote:  To be blunt, as long as your mech mod of choice has low voltage drop, any will work well, I still use my vamo's daily, what I am finding is that theten second cut off pisses me off.....you dont get that with a mech.

The key to a mech is coil resistance and cell capability, a good cell with a coil resistance below 1.5ohm is simply awesome,  as long as your mech doesn't drop too much voltage due to internal resistance. I assume a tesla will be good, but I really don't know for sure.

Out of interest,  what grade mesh and what atomiser? I got pissed off with my rsst and went for a micro coil and cotton wool in an auto dripper set up.
I'm using a Lavatube at the moment, I haven't had an issue with the 10 second thing.. yet, I'm more of a mouth to lung hitter. I've seen you mention that "rsst" (what exactly is that?). Is it available thru FastTech? Being the tinkerer I am, Im sure Ill be ordering regularly from them.I can't wait to get my fisrt mech mod and get down below the 1.5 ohm barrier, that I too must endure with a regulated mod. I was kinda impressed by the "Overdose" on FastTech,  it comes alone.. or with a matching RDA. If you don't have a go to RTA check out my Kayfun review above.. I can't tell you how pleased I am with it.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
04-07-2014 01:12 PM