Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Terrible Weather
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
RE: Terrible Weather
(27-12-2015 04:39 PM)ecignut Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 03:31 PM)Xprimentyl Wrote:  Yeah, it's been some scary stuff. Last night, a tornado touched down in Garland, TX which is all of about 5 miles from where I live in Plano, TX. Death toll is already at 11 and they're still scouring and assessing the breadth of the damage; they expect it'll go up...

I'm from the north where tornado sirens are only heard when they test them, so I'm really desensitized to them; I need to break that habit because down here in the south, when you hear them, it generally means a very real and eminent threat. I heard them last night and was more annoyed than anything; to wake up and find 11 people were killed 5 miles from where I was trying to sleep is both terrifying and humbling...
Terrifying and humbling - nothing truer than that - there is only one boss on this planet - Mother Nature.

This^^^^^
28-12-2015 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,002
There's a creek at the west end of the property that is quite lazy and often dry. It's risen almost to my septic field and will probably overrun it. That has happened only twice in the 15 years I've been here. When that happens, it also rises over the road and traps the people in the subdivision beyond that point. Historically it's only gone under in flash flooding situations but I have never seen unending rain like this before here. Geez louise, what a mess. I can hear it rushing from within the house. No encroachment worries for me from the house standpoint but it may be a bit interesting from the septic perspective. May be answering nature's call like the bears if it doesn't let up soon. Still nothing compared to those who were unlucky enough to be in the tornadoes' paths.
28-12-2015 03:14 PM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
And people ask how I deal with the heat out here, LOL.  Ya'll are nuts.  

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
28-12-2015 05:27 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Almost Jaded's post:
TinWhisker (03-01-2017)