Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TFV8 RDA spitback
Mikeair8 Offline

Likes Given: 4
TFV8 RDA spitback
 so i just tried building an rda coil for my tfv8 and i looked at a lot of toturials and did everything as i was told by the youtubers i was watching so to be honest i think i did a decent job, but when i try to vape on it i get huge juice chunks in my mouth. the spitbacks is just really horrible and i cant find anything about it on the internet, pls help
20-03-2017 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Offline
Squonk Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 1,258
RE: TFV8 RDA spitback
What VG/PG ratio is your juice what ohms are the coils and what wattage are you vaping at, the more info you can give the more chance we can help.

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
20-03-2017 06:45 PM
Mikeair8 Offline

Likes Given: 4
(20-03-2017 06:45 PM)Robjenko Wrote:  What VG/PG ratio is your juice what ohms are the coils and what wattage are you vaping at, the more info you can give the more chance we can help.
vg 70% pg 30%
the basic tfv8 coils that came with the RDA i think around 0.2 ohms
120 W 
20-03-2017 08:42 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 8,809
Especially at high watts, the build needs to be spot on for a perfect vape. The coils, assuming you've built parallel and not a single, need to match in resistance and glow evenly from the center out. The cotton must be the right thickness and the right length for the deck. This is highly important. Even if it 'looks' OK, it may be off enough to give you trouble. The cotton needs to be thick enough to give resistance when pulling it through the coil, but not so much resistance that you have to 'try' in order to get it through the coil. I don't know that deck specifically, but you generally want the cotton to fan out at the bottom and just touch the juice flow holes. Too little will allow excess juice to build, which can lead to spitting and leaking. Too much will block airflow and juice flow and lead to dry hits and even potential leaking. It's a fine line.

You may want to back off considerably on the power and see if it smooths out. Otherwise, scrap the cotton, clean the coils, and recheck for equal resistance and even glowing. Then re-wick and try it again. It generally takes a while to get a feel for the proper build.
20-03-2017 08:58 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Chuck-Drl (03-20-2017), Fatboy (03-20-2017)
paulS Online
Toodle Club Billet Box Boy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 1,769
Every tank is different. Spitback is more of an issue with some than others and the above is right on the money. You have to get the wicking spot on with the TFV8 not to get spit back or leaking or the occasionall dry hit. I think I'm one of the few who dislikes the TFV line. I think there are way better options. But as sytated once you figure it out is not too bad. I personally like tanks that are almost issue free - like my mage (gave one to FB and he likes it too). The modfather is another example of a nice tank that a member here is having issues with. I find that quite normal, TBH. The modfather can be a bi##h at times.

When I write reviews on RTAs I do sometimes mention that this or that tank is a breeze to build and wick on. An example would be the new aromamizer 30ml tank. It isa way more forgiving than the modfather and is half the cost and vapes better. No leaks and rarely spit back.

My advice like the others is to try again and have patience and you will get an acceptable build and wick.

Funny story here. I stored my second mage for over three months. I pulled it out and the wick was still saturated with something (don't even know what) and the coil looked okay, so I filled the tank with candy juice and it vaped like a champ. Like a champ. I was at a local B=M when I pulled it out of my vape case. I thought WTF have not used this in a long time so I stuck it on the Slice set the FSK for TC kanthal and vaped. A few people thought I was crazy.

A good tank will not give you issues. They are forgiving. The TFV is not forgiving unless you are using factory coils and I'm not a fan of vaping with coils that require 85+ watts to perform. The beauty of RTAs is that you get to set them for the vape you like BUT I hate having to mess about with the builds and wicking to get that perfect vape.

But do not let me discourage you. You can figure this out. Watch a few tutorials but experience is the better teacher.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 04:55 AM by paulS.)
21-03-2017 04:54 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
Fatboy (03-21-2017), TinWhisker (03-21-2017)