Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TFV8 Misbehaving
Atavar Offline

Likes Given: 0
TFV8 Misbehaving
It appears the problems I *thought* were with my mod(s) earlier may be due to a new but flakey TFV8.  The atomizer works ok in PC mode but in TC mode strange things happen. Mods will pop back to PC mode spontaneously.  Ohms wander a bit and get occasional short warnings.
I have cleaned and rebuilt the atty several times looking for problems.  I am being careful that the coils are not touching the bell or deck. I have tried coils at .25 and .15 ohms composite.  
Even behavior in PC mode with factory coils is a bit unpredictable but at least those always vape.
I am suspecting a problem with the base piece or 512 pin but the pin does not look to be removable. 
Is there something else I can look at or do before I stomp back to the B&M where I bought it?

N.E.W. = Never Ever Worked before
06-12-2016 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,440
RE: TFV8 Misbehaving
resistance of tc coils should be set at room temp . other than that some mod can be a bit fickle , or only accept certain varieties of SS.
if using the rba , check the positive bar on bottom of the rba . the positive screws into the build deck clockwise , if even slightly loose you'll get error readings and miss read resistance .
also if building your own coils , what wire are you using?

"The further back you look , the further ahead you can see " Winston Churchill
07-12-2016 02:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply