Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TFV8 Cloudbeast Dumps Juice
Anaxis Offline

Likes Given: 10
RE: TFV8 Cloudbeast Dumps Juice
(18-04-2017 07:45 PM)Toopizard Wrote:  I have the tfv8 and i dont even use it anymore.  The factory coils for it are garbage,  period. It worked great for like a month.  Then every coil was done in like 2 days,  i gave up on it.  I used to have a different tank that would leak from the airflow,  turned out theres was a chip out of the top gasket on the cap so ot wasnt sealing airtight. 

Exactly my experience.  I noticed the factory coil quality dropped about when the leaking started.  The last strip of 3 I bought were just sloppily put together.

What's infuriating is that coils & tanks really aren't that complicated; the larger they are, the easier they should be to manufacture.  Hell....  my Horizon Arctic V8 coils are tiny in comparison, and each of the 60-80w ones I prefer (others go up to 120) regularly last up to 2 weeks.

And now Smok has released yet another "Beast" tank.... but all the problems I've had with this one makes me think the others won't be worthwhile.

It's probably just time to give up on this tank.  Shame, because for the first month the flavor it provided really was incredible.
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2017 05:17 AM by Anaxis.)
19-04-2017 05:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Anaxis's post:
bibliora (04-21-2017), Toopizard (04-20-2017)
Anaxis Offline

Likes Given: 10
(18-04-2017 01:18 AM)Fatboy Wrote:  Mine only leaks under two conditions - when the pre-built coil needs to be replaced and when using the RBA deck, the cotton wasn't installed properly or requires changing....I've been using mine almost daily for 8+ months and have never had to replace O-rings or even the silicone top seal.

As for being thirsty, depending on the RBA deck, you can conserve juice by wrapping much higher ohms coils and run it in much lower watts. With a .6 ohms dual coil configuration a dual 26g, 9 wrap, 2.5mm id will provide great flavour, good clouds and do it at 50W and will drink a fraction of juice...

I asked my friend who's had one since they came out, and he's had zero issues.  But then I can hangout in the vape shop for an hour and hear someone talking about having problems with it.
19-04-2017 05:27 AM
Toopizard Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 242
(19-04-2017 05:16 AM)Anaxis Wrote:  
(18-04-2017 07:45 PM)Toopizard Wrote:  I have the tfv8 and i dont even use it anymore.  The factory coils for it are garbage,  period. It worked great for like a month.  Then every coil was done in like 2 days,  i gave up on it.  I used to have a different tank that would leak from the airflow,  turned out theres was a chip out of the top gasket on the cap so ot wasnt sealing airtight. 

Exactly my experience.  I noticed the factory coil quality dropped about when the leaking started.  The last strip of 3 I bought were just sloppily put together.

What's infuriating is that coils & tanks really aren't that complicated; the larger they are, the easier they should be to manufacture.  Hell....  my Horizon Arctic V8 coils are tiny in comparison, and each of the 60-80w ones I prefer (others go up to 120) regularly last up to 2 weeks.

And now Smok has released yet another "Beast" tank.... but all the problems I've had with this one makes me think the others won't be worthwhile.

It's probably just time to give up on this tank.  Shame, because for the first month the flavor it provided really was incredible.

Exactly man.  Its not worth the hassle.  Tanks in general just dont work out for me because the factory coils are trash.  I went rda a while ago and dont see myself getting another tank anytime soon.  Maybe give a decent rda a shot.  So much better IMO. Coils last like a month at least and if you get a burnt hit,  just pull the cotton out and re wick.  Easy
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2017 04:12 AM by Toopizard.)
20-04-2017 04:10 AM
Raymcconn Offline

Likes Given: 33
(18-04-2017 07:45 PM)Toopizard Wrote:  I have the tfv8 and i dont even use it anymore.  The factory coils for it are garbage,  period. It worked great for like a month.  Then every coil was done in like 2 days,  i gave up on it.  
I have also put my tank up and don't see it getting use anytime soon if ever.  If the coil issues get resolved I would try it again. 
20-04-2017 01:51 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raymcconn's post:
Toopizard (04-20-2017)