Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TFV4- Best Coils
Kingsman Offline

Likes Given: 0
Wink TFV4- Best Coils
Bonjour everyone!

Tried many different set ups however thought i'd share my latest (and best) experience. The Smok X-Cube 2 with the TFV-4 Sub Ohm kit. Tried a few coils in this beauty however I always go back to the Triple Coil. Temp control vaping is ok however to be honest i'd save your $ and stick to Watt Mode on the X-Cube 2. The Dual Coil is ok however lacks the kick and you need to draw for a while to get anything good flavour wise. Quad Coil is great for flavour however I find the cloud from the triple is immense overall paired with epic flavour. Really cant recommend this set up enough. If you are going to try the TFV-4 with a stock coil like the triple then you need a Boox-Mod capable of 50watt minimum as anything less just wont cut it! (Barely fires). I only use 70-80w of the 160w avaliable, tried 150w for a laugh drunk one night and nearly died!

Rebuidable coil that comes standard with the kit is of a good build and as always with SMOK, great quality. Takes some fidgiting around to get a good build and the coil is wrapped pretty tight so tricky to get any cotten through especially loosely. Otherwise get a good build and save some cost on the stock coils.
09-11-2015 01:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,230
RE: TFV4- Best Coils
Hi and welcome Kingsman!

TVF tested battery info to be found here

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
09-11-2015 09:43 PM
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
I agree the TFV4 is awesome. I prefer the quad coil, those things can go up to 150W or higher and blow gigantic clouds. 
09-11-2015 09:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
clouds-of-vape Offline

Likes Given: 18
Just got my brand new tfv4 in the mail I'm running it off the ipv 4s and I'm in love haven't tried the triple coil yet but so far I'm loving the quad coil. So far this tank is the best decision I've mad since I've started vaping if you have any advice besides the exchanging if the ipv (i am very attached to) I would really appreciate it Big Grin
10-11-2015 01:10 AM
Kingsman Offline

(10-11-2015 01:10 AM)clouds-of-vape Wrote:  Just got my brand new tfv4 in the mail I'm running it off the ipv 4s and I'm in love haven't tried the triple coil yet but so far I'm loving the quad coil. So far this tank is the best decision I've mad since I've started vaping if you have any advice besides the exchanging if the ipv (i am very attached to) I would really appreciate it Big Grin
The Quad is great, really loved the flavour off that coil but definately worth giving the triple a shot... you just might like it Smile Funny enough I had the IPV 4s too, great bit of kit and I had a Sigeli before that. Good build on all of them however with the X-Cube you just cant go wrong at the moment! Build quality, performance and useabilty are all amazing.

Advice: Dual coil's are pretty pants once you've had the Quad or Triple. High VG is great on these coils but let it soak for a good 10mins before firing it up on a new coil. Im using 60PG 40VG mixes at the moment as It's what I prefer but still great clouds!
10-11-2015 05:06 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kingsman's post:
clouds-of-vape (11-10-2015)
clouds-of-vape Offline

Likes Given: 18
(10-11-2015 05:06 AM)Kingsman Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 01:10 AM)clouds-of-vape Wrote:  Just got my brand new tfv4 in the mail I'm running it off the ipv 4s and I'm in love haven't tried the triple coil yet but so far I'm loving the quad coil. So far this tank is the best decision I've mad since I've started vaping if you have any advice besides the exchanging if the ipv (i am very attached to) I would really appreciate it Big Grin
The Quad is great, really loved the flavour off that coil but definately worth giving the triple a shot... you just might like it Smile Funny enough I had the IPV 4s too, great bit of kit and I had a Sigeli before that. Good build on all of them however with the X-Cube you just cant go wrong at the moment! Build quality, performance and useabilty are all amazing.

Advice: Dual coil's are pretty pants once you've had the Quad or Triple. High VG is great on these coils but let it soak for a good 10mins before firing it up on a new coil. Im using 60PG 40VG mixes at the moment as It's what I prefer but still great clouds!

Thanks for the reply Biggrin I'm in love with this tank. I prefer 70/30 mix at .6 nic but I've only been buying house juice made by the shop I kinda want to get into mixing myself but im a little sceptical on measuring out the right amount of nicotine and buying nicotine from a reliable source any suggestions?
10-11-2015 01:20 PM
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
I like either coil. vapor production is lower with the Ni200 coil. I've tried to use the re build deck and wicking is a major hassle to get just right. Overall it's the only tank I use right now.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
10-11-2015 02:40 PM
paulS Offline
Toodle Club Billet Box Squonk Boy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,009
Well I got the mini and wicked the clapton on the RBA. First dry too much cotton and got a dry hit. So I just trimmed the cotton and it was fine. I also found my HCigar was having trouble reading the atomizer. I have to fidget and often reset by acknowledging the atomizer has NOT changed. It is a bit of a bother.

No doubt the vapor production is greater than the Crown I have. Am I in love with the tank? Not really. Tends to leak a bit and I find it vapes hot. Not a bad tank at all but runs through juice like crazy too. Also the mini is not so mini. Overall my favorite tank is still my bellus.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
10-11-2015 10:07 PM
Kingsman Offline

(10-11-2015 01:20 PM)clouds-of-vape Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 05:06 AM)Kingsman Wrote:  

Thanks for the reply Biggrin I'm in love with this tank. I prefer 70/30 mix at .6 nic but I've only been buying house juice made by the shop I kinda want to get into mixing myself but im a little sceptical on measuring out the right amount of nicotine and buying nicotine from a reliable source any suggestions?
I buy from the UK so maybe different to the states, Pharmaceutical grade Nic is easy to get here. Any nicotine which is extracted using a natural process and organic if possible is perfect. For a 10ml bottle of juice with 6mg Nic you need 0.8ml of Nic. Best site I have used is makeMyVape.co.uk   they have a great online e-juice calculator. If you prefer High VG mixes then get a VG based Nic. 72mg Nic is what you need as the 50mg Nic you use more of.
11-11-2015 05:00 AM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,230
In theUK for nic and PG/VG I use DarkStar or everythingliquid.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
11-11-2015 09:10 AM