Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
T-Priv Not Working Properly
DentedBat Offline

Likes Given: 1
RE: T-Priv Not Working Properly
(10-04-2018 10:41 PM)Bugalien Wrote:  Hi DB. Where did you buy or get the kit from? was it an online purchase, from a vape shop or friend? That mod is an advanced user device.  Where or who ever you got it from should have told you about this and at least some basic battery safety tips like, that usb is not for charging(just firmware updates), IMHO.

My first mod was a Smok Alien (a similar device to yours) and the shop that sold it to my husband recommended an external charger, but didn't stress battery safety too much. It is all too common for shops to sell a product to someone without making sure the user knows these things.

If I wasn't actually afraid of my mod, the juice, vaping in general, I would have never worried about one of the most important things: The batteries! However, because I was worried about the whole thing, it got me reading, and foruming about it. I also drove my husband crazy in the process, but that is another thing altogether.

With things like this, what you don't know, CAN hurt you.

With that said, you came to the right place to get started with figuring it out!Good2

Wow, I thank all of you guys for the great information....I feel so ignorant! 

I got this setup from a friend of mine who upgraded again. It was brand new and I assumed the batteries came with it. 

I have a new external charger on the way! 
11-04-2018 01:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like DentedBat's post:
Bugalien (04-11-2018), chris-GER (04-11-2018), DaleJr (04-11-2018), Fatboy (04-11-2018), Robjenko (04-11-2018)
DaleJr Offline
Future Squonker

Likes Given: 318
Hi DentedBat. Perhaps you have read it if you researched battery safety, but also make sure to take great care with your batteries. Always keep an eye on the casing (wrapper), and if it's ever torn or whatnot, you'll want to rewrap the battery or recycle and replace. If it grounds out the wrong way inside the mod, it can cause serious problems. Also, if you have spare batteries, it's very important to not carry them loose in your pocket along with loose change or anything that can damage them. If carrying extra batteries, it's best to carry them in a case or the original plastic canisters they may have came in. Mine did. Basically, just take caution with them so that they don't get damaged, dented, etc.

I'm still kind of new to the vaping game and external batteries. But when I purchased them at a shop with my charger, the owner explained these things and expressed how important they were for safety.

Good luck with your charger on the way, and enjoy your vaping! #HappyClouds
11-04-2018 09:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like DaleJr's post:
Bugalien (04-11-2018), chris-GER (04-11-2018), Don (04-11-2018), Fatboy (04-12-2018)
DentedBat Offline

Likes Given: 1
(10-04-2018 08:56 PM)Robjenko Wrote:  Here's another closer to home
https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Charger-D...ar+charger

Will this one work for mod batteries? This one looks like a better deal than the one I got .
12-04-2018 03:22 PM
TinWhisker Online
I Vape, Therefore I Squonk
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,546
(12-04-2018 03:22 PM)DentedBat Wrote:  
(10-04-2018 08:56 PM)Robjenko Wrote:  Here's another closer to home
https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Charger-D...ar+charger

Will this one work for mod batteries? This one looks like a better deal than the one I got .

No, it won't. He is just trying to confuse you. Lol

Yeah, sure it will work with 18650 cells.
12-04-2018 03:23 PM