Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sweet Juice Spoiling Replaceable Coil
onionz Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sweet Juice Spoiling Replaceable Coil
I am just getting back into vaping. I have been having trouble with the sweeter juices that burn up my coil cartridges. I was vaping this awesome pudding cake flavor and my coil was staying nice and clean. I put in this bananas fost that I bought with an extra shot of flavor and in 3 pulls my coil had a horrible burnt taste. I have a sweet tooth so am drawn to the sweet flavors. Maybe I should stick with creamy flavors to prevent buying replacement coils constantly? Unless there is some magic I can do?
08-05-2014 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes onionz's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,165
RE: Sweet Juice Spoiling Replaceable Coil
Reduce voltage / turn the wattage down if you are on a variable output device. 

Sounds like a different coil/wick setup is needed for the sweeter (And I'd guess thicker) juices.

Depending on what you are using it may be possible to remove the wick, burn the coils clean and rewick it.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
08-05-2014 02:32 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
onionz Offline

Likes Given: 0
I'm not using a rebuildable yet, getting a setup on Fri. I'm using a Kanger  Pro Mini 3 with the double coil. I do have a Vision Spinner and the volts were high when it burned up.
08-05-2014 02:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes onionz's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,002
I second what Don advised. Try lowering the volts and slowly build it up to where you enjoy the vape without the burning. over 90% of the time this is caused by a different consistency of the juice. A thicker juice will flow a little slower which means it's unable to keep up with the rate at which the juice is vaporized.

Good luck Good

And Welcome to TVF too Smile
08-05-2014 02:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
Ive had the same experience, the burnt taste, and a leaking coil (I use a Kanger T3s w/ 2.2-2.5 ohm coil) I have yet to learn.. or figure out the voltage/wattage thing past using the 2.2 in place of the 1.8 that I started with. I am looking into a heavier Mod type device that has variable voltage and wattage, most likely a Vamo. Im not a dripper, so Ill use my Kanger tanks for now.
Im not electrically inclined, so I don't have a grip on the whole voltage/wattage thing. Someone want to try to explain it to me?

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
24-05-2014 01:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Galaxyrider's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,165
It's harder to control wattage than voltage. In other words, it costs more. However that gives a more consistent vape which may, or may not be an issue for you.

Essentially as you turn up the voltage or wattage you are turning up the power to the coil and therefore the amount of liquid vaporised. And hence the size of the clouds. Some liquids will respond better to higher power input, some to lower. It also depends on the rate the wicks can deliver juice to the heating coils - the faster they wick the more power needed to get vapour out of it. The trick is to get the right amount of juice (Which is largely down to atomiser and wick design) to the right amount of power in the coil to get the right amount of vapour and flavour to you.

Personal tastes vary a lot. I regard 15W power as rather low these days, others vape quite happily at 6-8W.

On the whole, Kanger type devices don't need (or want) high power inputs as they can't wick the juice to the coils fast enough. 

Lower resistance means more vapour and often flavour. Just as long as you don't burn the juice. When you look at the size of the wicking and heating bits for a Kanger type device compared to a coil I just build it's obvious which one is going to need more power.
[Image: IMG_0663_zps5c70105e.jpg]

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
24-05-2014 01:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)