Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Super tanks!
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,354
Super tanks!
The last time I wrote a blog post, I had just gotten a SubTank Nano. I've gotten some more fun toys since then, so I think it's time for a new blog post to let you guys know what I think about it all.

After getting the SubTank Nano, I thought "man, it doesn't get better than this." I ended up buying a SubTank Mini too, since the Nano doesn't come with the RBA deck to build your own coils. The Mini is a little bigger than the Nano, and I've noticed that it actually is able to get thick juice to the coils a little better. With the Nano, I would get an occasional dry hit when using really thick juice, but the Mini didn't have that issue... at first. After a week or two, I started noticing the same problem happening with the Mini. I figured maybe my power settings were too high, so I turned it down, but it still had the same problem. I'm guessing it's probably the juice I'm using with it, but that's my favorite juice so if it doesn't work well with that, this tank is dead to me. I'm sure I'll use it more after I figure out a way to get it to wick properly, but for now my attention has turned to...

The Arctic. OH. MY. GAWD. 

That Arctic is the best tank I've ever used, hands down, period, end of discussion. I haven't even tried the .2 ohm coil yet (FUCKING PRE-MADE COILS AT .2 OHMS!!!) but it's spectacular at .5 ohms. I've been vaping at 50-70W (more than double the wattage I was using with the SubTank) and haven't gotten a single dry hit! It's amazing how this tank can keep up with that high of wattage, and that's not even the upper limit. The .5 ohm coil is good anywhere from 30W to 80W, while the .2 ohm coil is supposed to work all the way up to 90W-100W. That kind of power was considered ridiculously high even for an RDA just a few short months ago, and to see new tanks being able to use that much power is just astounding. 

You may have noticed on some other threads, but I've received several free juices lately. Real Extracts sent me 4 free bottles of juice along with my order as samples for review, and I've reviewed 3 already. I also got a free bottle of juice from OK ecigs and won a contest for a 30ml bottle of Sweet Lucy from Slowfoot Vapes. Hopefully I'll get a bottle from B-Juice soon for supporting the Vapers in Power campaign. All in all, I've not paid for juice in a couple of weeks now, and I'm very happy about that Smile

Just some quick blurbs about the juice: Sweet Lucy is spectacular, I'm actually vaping it right now. Very sweet, and I thought I would get sick of it, but I've been vaping it almost exclusively since I got it three days ago and I've gone through about 20ml so far, and I haven't gotten sick of it yet. Havana from Real Extracts is great if you like cigars, it tastes exactly like one (which is more than I can say for almost any other tobacco flavor I've tried). Cowboy Menthol from Real Extracts is perfect for a menthol with a hint of tobacco. And Earl Grey Tea from Real Extracts is great as well, tastes exactly like a cuppa. I've been fortunate to be testing such great flavors lately, and I haven't come across any that I don't like yet (besides Havana, but that's just because I don't really like the flavor of cigars anymore and is nothing against the juice itself). 

I also got two Eleaf iStick 50W devices. Those things are great! No button rattle (which was a problem on the original iStick), plus amazing battery life and they can read atties down to .2 ohms, which is a big BIG plus, considering the original wouldn't read any atty under 1.0 ohms. 

So yeah, this has been a good couple of weeks for me. How have you guys been? Got any fun new toys you'd like to share with the rest of the class?
02-05-2015 04:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
CL0UD_Z3R0 (05-02-2015)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
RE: Super tanks!
Yeah, man! I'm glad you've tried the Arctic and have seen he light compared to the sub-tanks. Aren't you glad you listened to my preaching about it? Big Grin Besides the performance, it's super easy to refill and the tank comes of in one piece for easy refills. I can't find a single flaw with it and cant think of a single thing to improve except for maybe more juice capacity but FT has an extended tank available for a few bucks.

I also agree about the real extracts juices. They are fantastic tobacco based juices and I love he taste of them.

I'm just hoping the SMY60 can run the Arctic at .2 ohms as I have a bunch of coils at that resistance. Specs say .3 ohms is as low as it goes but since the IStick 50 goes to .2ohm I am hoping the SMY60 will as well.
02-05-2015 05:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like JohnnyMac's post:
CL0UD_Z3R0 (05-02-2015), Michael (05-03-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
I've noticed the i50 reads high.  This means that it runs hot - i.e., puts a couple more watts than you think into the coil, because it's volting it like a .3 when it's a .23.  If the SMY is using a similar chip and the Arctic coils run high (like the SubTank's .5's that consistantly read .6), you might get lucky...

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
02-05-2015 05:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bcfos Offline

Likes Given: 9
(02-05-2015 05:04 AM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  Yeah, man!  I'm glad you've tried the Arctic and have seen he light compared to the sub-tanks.  Aren't you glad you listened to my preaching about it? Big Grin  Besides the performance, it's super easy to refill and the tank comes of in one piece for easy refills.  I can't find a single flaw with it and cant think of a single thing to improve except for maybe more juice capacity but FT has an extended tank available for a few bucks.

I also agree about the real extracts juices.  They are fantastic tobacco based juices and I love he taste of them.

I'm just hoping the SMY60 can run the Arctic at .2 ohms as I have a bunch of coils at that resistance.  Specs say .3 ohms is as low as it goes but since the IStick 50 goes to .2ohm I am hoping the SMY60 will as well.

The SMY 60 runs my Arctic at (what she reads) .5 so it is pretty close. With the Scion it is pretty spot on also. Unless I forget to change out the .15 coil then it won't read it for crap. I have yet to try the .2 coil on it yet but I will have to now. 
02-05-2015 05:31 AM
CL0UD_Z3R0 Offline

Likes Given: 119
The Arctic really is an awesome tank, and can be made even more awesome by learning to rebuild the coils. I have a .2 coil in mine paired with my M80 Plus and I can't seem to stop singing it's praises. The only tank that I've tried that even rivals the Arctic is the Atlantis 2 and I wasn't impressed enough to choose the Atlantis 2 over the Arctic. Big thanks to you JohnnyMac for the heads up on the extended tank! I'm definitely going to be picking one of those bad boys up as soon as I possibly can. 

Edit: I can't seem to locate the extended tank on FT. Would you mind sharing a link to it Johnny?   
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 06:57 AM by CL0UD_Z3R0.)
02-05-2015 06:43 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes CL0UD_Z3R0's post:
Michael (05-03-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
Hhmmm...

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
02-05-2015 06:58 AM
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
[Image: IMG_20150501_183537713_zpsp2zsoerf.jpg]
02-05-2015 10:55 AM
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
Well if you like the Artic try the High Voltage Tank. I just opened up my second one I got and it was a slightly newer version. Damn it lol that's the one I gave to the wife. I was going to put it on her SMY 60 but the rickshaw hasn't made it from China yet. Couldn't make her wait anymore. I had her using the old Atlantis tank with the Melo coil in it and the flavor sucked. The High Voltage rocks with flavor and clouds. I put Pinup Vapors Marilyn in it the Butterscotch flavor and she was like Wow. I'm going to order two more High Voltage tanks. I've been using it for 2 months and it's been flawless. I was using one coil for 3 weeks at 40 watts and couldn't kill it. I changed it out just for the heck of it. I took it apart and the wire in it was incredibly heavy. I believe it's nichrome wire and organic cotton. Really if you can get your hands on one you wont be disappointed. You can pick them up for like $30.00 now and coils are readily available. .2 only though.
02-05-2015 12:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Breazy_Com's post:
Michael (05-03-2015)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Sorry, CZ, it was for the Atlantis that I saw. Must have been wishful thinking on my part. Sad

I'm still going to get one for my Atlantis but I'm sure there will be one along soon for the Arctic.
02-05-2015 12:24 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
CL0UD_Z3R0 (05-02-2015)
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
(02-05-2015 05:04 AM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  Yeah, man!  I'm glad you've tried the Arctic and have seen he light compared to the sub-tanks.  Aren't you glad you listened to my preaching about it? Big Grin  Besides the performance, it's super easy to refill and the tank comes of in one piece for easy refills.  I can't find a single flaw with it and cant think of a single thing to improve except for maybe more juice capacity but FT has an extended tank available for a few bucks.

I also agree about the real extracts juices.  They are fantastic tobacco based juices and I love he taste of them.

I'm just hoping the SMY60 can run the Arctic at .2 ohms as I have a bunch of coils at that resistance.  Specs say .3 ohms is as low as it goes but since the IStick 50 goes to .2ohm I am hoping the SMY60 will as well.
Yep Johnny I'm a hoping the same thing with the .2 on the SMY. Want that one for the .2 coil and the High Voltage for the Wife. I'm really creating Frankenstein here getting her into the high end stuff lol
02-05-2015 12:30 PM