Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sugar Bear
Howard Hughes Offline

Likes Given: 78
Sugar Bear
This is a simple one that took me almost a year to get to this point, the point where I publish it. I put it on a couple of other forums a week or so ago & figured I haven't put a breakfast/cereal recipe up here yet, so why not? I am a big cereal vape fan & always make at least two breakfast recipes every time I mix. It's more "old-school" in the fact that it does not contain any commercial cereal flavors. I have (and love) quite a few cereal flavors, but was wanting to make one from scratch. This is the only recipe I've found that I can get away with this much TFA Toasted Marshmallow in, too!

A couple of folks online have already mixed & have reported happy findings, so maybe someone here will like it as much as I do. I will say it DOES need a week, preferably two to smooth out & meld together, though.

3.5% CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl
4% TFA French Vanilla
3.5% CAP Sugar Cookie
6% TFA Toasted Marshmallow
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 03:26 PM by Howard Hughes.)
11-08-2017 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Howard Hughes's post:
TinWhisker (08-11-2017)
TinWhisker Online
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 7,989
RE: Sugar Bear
Hmm, do you have TFA Cinnamon Roll? I do, and if that would sub in I would really like this one. Thanks for posting it.
11-08-2017 04:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Howard Hughes (08-11-2017)
Howard Hughes Offline

(11-08-2017 04:22 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Hmm, do you have TFA Cinnamon Roll? I do, and if that would sub in I would really like this one. Thanks for posting it.
I do & I used to use it a lot (I've even tried it in this recipe subbing for the CDS). It's good, but I like the CAP CDS better here. In fact, I probably won't replace the FW when I run out. I would say go for it & let me know what you think about it. 
11-08-2017 04:29 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 8,312
(11-08-2017 03:26 PM)Howard Hughes Wrote:  This is a simple one that took me almost a year to get to this point, the point where I publish it. I put it on a couple of other forums a week or so ago & figured I haven't put a breakfast/cereal recipe up here yet, so why not? I am a big cereal vape fan & always make at least two breakfast recipes every time I mix. It's more "old-school" in the fact that it does not contain any commercial cereal flavors. I have (and love) quite a few cereal flavors, but was wanting to make one from scratch. This is the only recipe I've found that I can get away with this much TFA Toasted Marshmallow in, too!

A couple of folks online have already mixed & have reported happy findings, so maybe someone here will like it as much as I do. I will say it DOES need a week, preferably two to smooth out & meld together, though.

4% TFA French Vanilla
3.5% CAP Sugar Cookie
I am surprised it takes that long with the amount of Vanilla in it.
11-08-2017 04:51 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Howard Hughes (08-11-2017), TinWhisker (08-11-2017)
TinWhisker Online
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 7,989
Well, if that cinnamon is anything like the TFA cinnamon roll I have, it needs the time.
11-08-2017 04:53 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
ecignut (08-11-2017), Howard Hughes (08-11-2017)
Howard Hughes Offline

(11-08-2017 04:51 PM)ecignut Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 03:26 PM)Howard Hughes Wrote:  This is a simple one that took me almost a year to get to this point, the point where I publish it. I put it on a couple of other forums a week or so ago & figured I haven't put a breakfast/cereal recipe up here yet, so why not? I am a big cereal vape fan & always make at least two breakfast recipes every time I mix. It's more "old-school" in the fact that it does not contain any commercial cereal flavors. I have (and love) quite a few cereal flavors, but was wanting to make one from scratch. This is the only recipe I've found that I can get away with this much TFA Toasted Marshmallow in, too!

4% TFA French Vanilla
3.5% CAP Sugar Cookie
I am surprised it takes that long with the amount of Vanilla in it.
Me too, but it just still seems a lot mellower & not as sharp or rough around the edges as when I try to push it too early.
Someone else may think it's good to go in a couple of days. Taste is SO subjective.
11-08-2017 04:59 PM
ecignut (08-11-2017)
Howard Hughes Offline

Smile RE: Sugar Bear
(11-08-2017 04:53 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  Well, if that cinnamon is anything like the TFA cinnamon roll I have, it needs the time.
It does have some similar qualities, but I think the CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl is a little more bakery-ish.
Like I said before, I wouldn't not try this recipe because you have the FW. By all means, see what you think. You may like it better. It just comes down to need. I have more recipes I'll used CDS in than the Cinnamon Roll, so I'm trying to thin the inventory down & get more lean & mean. Big Grin
11-08-2017 05:04 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Howard Hughes's post:
Michael (08-12-2017), TinWhisker (08-11-2017)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 16,110
Hmm... I don't have CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl or TFA Toasted Marshmallow, but I do have the other two, as well as TFA Cinnamon Danish and TFA Marshmallow (not toasted). I'm thinking I'd need to use more of the TFA Danish since CAP seemed stronger when I tried it. How's the toasted marshmallow compare to the non-toasted variety?

[Image: Banner_zpse5lhrldb.jpg]
12-08-2017 12:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
Fatboy (08-12-2017), Howard Hughes (08-12-2017)
ofek Offline

Likes Given: 3
Ty for sharing, I wish I could make DIY E Juice too
12-08-2017 02:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ofek's post:
Howard Hughes (08-12-2017)
Howard Hughes Offline

(12-08-2017 12:57 PM)Michael Wrote:  Hmm... I don't have CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl or TFA Toasted Marshmallow, but I do have the other two, as well as TFA Cinnamon Danish and TFA Marshmallow (not toasted). I'm thinking I'd need to use more of the TFA Danish since CAP seemed stronger when I tried it. How's the toasted marshmallow compare to the non-toasted variety?
I'd say give it a go with what you have. Use the regular Marshmallow, but may be at 4% because it's sweeter than Toasted Marshmallow. To me, the TM tastes like you had it over a fire & got it a bit crispy, but without the smoke flavor. If you have AP, maybe try adding .5% in as well if using regular Marshmallow.

I never tried the TFA Cinnamon Danish, but I wouldn't be afraid to try it here.
12-08-2017 02:27 PM
Michael (08-12-2017)