Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stepping It Up
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Stepping It Up
I used the eGo for a few weeks, but I craved more than it could give me. It was better than cigarettes, to be sure, since I couldn't smoke cigarettes when I was living at home with my parents. However, the eGo left much to be desired in the way of vapor production and flavor. I was using clearomizers at the time, the disposable ones that really weren't very good.

My next upgrade was to the Kanger T3s. For any of you who might not know, the T3s is basically the cheapest atty you can get that has replaceable coils. The coils cost as much as new clearos, but the T3s had much better flavor, and I could get different resistances in the coils to make more vapor.

It was a small step forward, but it was a step nonetheless. 

My next upgrade was to the eGo Twist. If you want a variable voltage mod, the eGo Twist is as cheap as it gets. It's a 1100 mAh rechargeable starter mod that costs pocket change if you already have the chargers and tanks needed to use it. Since I had started with the normal eGo, I had all that stuff and it was a very easy step up. Just twist the little ring on the bottom of the battery, and suddenly there's more vapor! It was a very easy way to learn about how different resistance coils worked better with different voltages, and I learned how to get the best combinations. However, it was still just an eGo, and it still left much to be desired.

All this time, I was still smoking when I got a chance and dipping if I couldn't smoke. I was in college and struggling with insomnia and depression, and the copious amounts of nicotine I was dosing myself with were the only way I knew how to deal with the stress of life as a college kid failing half his classes. Part of the reason I'm writing this blog series is in the hopes that I can spare any other kids like me the pain of making the same mistakes I did. Smoking is not a good idea, and neither is dip or chew or any other tobacco. You'll give yourself cancer in the long run, sure. We all know that. But in the shorter term, you'll feel like hell as your lungs decide "hey, today would be a good day to take a break from breathing." And you'll smell like shit, which is definitely not attractive to the ladies.

So at this time, vaping was just another way to get my fix when traditional tobacco products weren't an option. It made life slightly easier, since instead of waking up at three in the morning and taking a walk to smoke, I could just vape in the dorm and no one would be the wiser. Instead of skipping class to sit under a tree with a pipe, I could just vape in the bathroom stall. Gradually, I started vaping more and more while smoking less and less. It was a matter of practicality, really. If my parents smelled smoke in my car or on my clothes, they would have killed me. They almost did a time or two. But as I stopped smoking, I realized I was feeling better and better all the time. I could play sports or work out without feeling like I was going to collapse a lung. I could lift my nephew over my shoulder and run with him when he wanted to be Superman without coughing like hell.

And damn, it felt good.
19-09-2014 06:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (09-19-2014)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,460
RE: Stepping It Up
Wonderful insight into how you're moving along with better gear and how you're noticing the health improvements too. The funny thing is, you don't actually realise you're starting to feel healthier until suddenly it hits you. That's when you remember how bad you used to feel when smoking.
19-09-2014 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Stepping It Up
That's exactly right, Spas. I didn't even realize I had stopped smoking until I saw a pack of cigarettes that had been in my desk drawer untouched for three weeks. It started out as just a way to get more nicotine on top of smoking, but it ended up completely replacing smoking. 
19-09-2014 04:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply