Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steeping Juice
Chase_the_Clouds Offline

Likes Given: 0
Steeping Juice
I saw something about steeping juice. What does that mean and do you have to do it to all juice before using?
03-02-2015 01:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chase_the_Clouds's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)
Nihilum Offline

RE: Steeping Juice
No.  Steeping refers to the amount of time the juice sits after it's bottled...just like tea.  Some juices take a while to steep...some don't.  This is why you see some juices of the same flavor and nic level that are actually a different color.  If you're buying pre-bottled juices, they're ready to use when you buy them unless they have a tag or label that says otherwise.
03-02-2015 03:59 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nihilum's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
I would say that it really depends on the flavor. Nearly all juices can benefit from being left to sit for a week or two, since it lets the flavor settle into the juice and mature a bit (kind of like an aged whiskey). Technically you don't HAVE to steep your juice, but there are some flavors, especially custard, which really aren't worth vaping until they've steeped for a while. In my opinion, it's best to leave any custard, coffee, tea, or bakery flavors (like cinnamon bun, pound cake, etc) to sit for a couple of weeks, since this brings the flavor to life. Of course, it's up to you to decide which flavors you like best and how long to steep them, this is just my opinion from my experiences. 

Oh, and if you ever go to a shop that mixes the juice on-demand, ALWAYS let it steep, no matter what the flavor is. While it can seem to be a good idea to have fresh ingredients mixed to exactly your specifications, in reality this doesn't leave the juice any time at all to mature and the flavors will be mediocre at best, when steeping for just a few days will make it much better. 
03-02-2015 04:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
Everyday Vaper (02-03-2015), vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)
Chase_the_Clouds Offline

Thanks for the info. I asked because someone said that Elix Vapor juice is terrible after steeping. 
03-02-2015 07:38 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chase_the_Clouds's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-30-2016)