Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starting a Vaporium: What would you like to see in it?
Ash_456 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Starting a Vaporium: What would you like to see in it?
Hey guys! I'm deciding to start a Vaporium in NYC and i'd be grateful for any feedback/cricisticms/comments on services I can offer. I'm trying to create a Vaporium that truly address all the unsatisfied needs of vapors so I've got to ask: What would you like to see in a Vaporium? 

Vaporium – Prospective Concept

The vaporiums will be at the intersection of a specialized retail store, social hub, and experience/education center whereby consumers can purchase, rent, and enjoy coffee/wine/beer in an upbeat or relaxing environment. We believe by democratizing “vaping” via a modern hookah bar, we not only revitalize a social phenomenon, but also induct the greater public into next era for a fraction of the cost. This area will be separate (different floor) from our retail selection which will be stocked with select devices and a refined selection of flavors. The space will transform from a collaborative work space in the day whereby users can order a sample pack, coffee and 'vape' in peace. At night, the environment will be a confluence of a speak-easy and a mixed media experience center (live music, comedians, etc) for people to 'vape' in a more social manner.  

Catering to Different Customer Archetypes:

A Vaporium will undoubtedly attract an eclectic mix of consumers, but I have identified 3 unique user segments and sub-segments to focus on finding their unsatisfied need and providing a solution. Fundamentally, it will be a Collaborative and open workspace with coffee, snacks, beer & wine (at night only) and various amenities whereby ALL user types can work, socialize, and/or just “Vape” in peace.  Essentially, it will address the growing unsatisfied need that ex-smokers, vapors, and the greater public have of not having an outlet to understand and partake in “Vaping” through a cost-effective, informed, and social manner.  

·      Ex- Smokers: Those who seek “Vaping” as an alternative method to quit smoking entirely.
o   Pull:
§  Customer Engagement: Knowledgeable and an attentive staff that can help new entrants understand “Vaping” and field questions and concerns.
§  Vast selection– Appropriate device and e-juice that will cater to any smoker’s desired style, and need.
§  Information – Credible staff coupled with informative leaflets will help educate and inform those who are completely new but want to find out more first hand.
§  Rewards Program- Discount on first time users, those who throw their packs in a visible trash and/or those who bring in new users, and/or reach a certain dollar value will be rewarded with discounts.
§  Support Groups – Strong community of ex-smokers, as well as a resource hub for those who want to find out more on the health benefits/regulation.  
·      Vapers: Early adopters who seek unique flavors, mechanical work, support groups and updated devices.  
o   Pull:
§  Refined Selection: E-liquids, mods, modifications and an established community of fellow “Vapers”
§  Mixology Bar – Using proper measuring equipment, users will be able to craft and purchase glass bottles with droppers to store new blends from their e-juices or even boost flavor to existing juices from our range of flavor enhancers.
§  Workshop- Learn and modify through safety demonstrations, coil building, modding, and possibly hold tutorials on DIY juice making
§  Medicinal Corner – Users will be advised on therapeutic e-juices that either contain caffeine, vitamins, melatonin, and various legal herbs to be a healthier replacement to drinking coffee and popping pills. 
§  Competitions- From cloud chasing to judging DIY E-Juice Recipes - users skills within all the components of vaping will be challenged and showcased!
§  Interconnectivity – Message boards that keep users up to date on regulations, meet ups, reviews and any news pertaining to Vaping.   

·      Onlookers: People attracted by the, concept, technology and the new sensation
o   Pull:
§  Hookah Bar – Enables groups, and couples to vape socially through a modernly stylized Hookah’s that is ideal for new entrants or for those who want to try a variety of flavors. Ideal for price sensitive users and those who requires low investment.
§  Experience -  Showcase “Vaping” as an art form.  Light installations that are activated by users expelling clouds will create visually stunning images they can take home/share on social media, live music from emerging artists, and a collaborative work/lounge space that non-vapers can enjoy and medley in. 
§  Gifts – Purchase a variety of gifts (Juice packs, starter kits, etc) that are appropriate for any level of Vaper.
§  Novelty Factor – Given all the in-store hype and about Vaping in general, people’s curiosity will lead them inside to investigate further.
§   Information – Knowledgeable staff coupled with informative leaflets will help educate and inform those who are completely new but want to find out more first hand. 

[font='Open Sans', Arial, sans-serif]I'd be grateful for any suggestions/criticisms/feedback as my intention is to create a Vaporium that serves to all the needs of this emerging community and not to a conglomerates bottom line! The shop is intended to open in NYC and If you're there i'll throw you some free gear for all the advice![/font]
19-01-2015 10:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
RE: Starting a Vaporium: What would you like to see in it?
I saw your thread about this in another forum, Good luckSmile
19-01-2015 11:40 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
How does a hookah bar work with vaping? I thought hookah was tobacco... Or maybe I'm just out of the loop here.
19-01-2015 05:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Whiskey (01-22-2015)
Ash_456 Offline

(19-01-2015 05:54 PM)Michael Wrote:  How does a hookah bar work with vaping? I thought hookah was tobacco... Or maybe I'm just out of the loop here.
You can get theses Hookah conversion kits that replace the coals with essentially an atomizer. It's relatively cheap and works on any hookah. Since most people are unfamiliar with "vaping" or do not want to spend too much or be committed to a personal vape pen, they can try out a hookah + a tons of flavors and if they like it, they can purchase  personal pen or mod...well thats rational anyways..

http://www.nuvocig.com/nuvocig-converter-kit.html
22-01-2015 08:00 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

That makes sense, I like the idea Smile 
22-01-2015 08:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
I can see this-

Mixology Bar – Using proper measuring equipment, users will be able to craft and purchase glass bottles with droppers to store new blends from their e-juices or even boost flavor to existing juices from our range of flavor enhancers.

Becoming a huge liability, with a ton of waste
22-01-2015 01:17 PM
Ash_456 Offline

What do you think about vaping through a Hookah- like device that has multiple hoses, whereby groups and friends can vape in a social manner and try out different flavors? 
25-01-2015 09:35 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

I think it's a fun idea if it's implemented right. Though it seems a little pointless when people can get a better vape by just using individual mods. 
25-01-2015 04:20 PM