Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starter Kit Blues
KangerJack Offline

Likes Given: 0
Starter Kit Blues
Hey I'm pretty new to box mods and wondered if anyone knows of a good, "vape for dummies" website that lists pretty much everything I need to know? I've had pens before, but this is my first mod and I'm not too familiar yet with the terms and units! 

Also I have a Kangertech SUBOX mini kit and the tank has started leaking profusely unless it stands perfectly straight up.. is that normal for Kangertech tanks specifically, tanks in general, or is that flukey for it to leak in streams?

Thanks!!
KangerJack
13-02-2016 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes KangerJack's post:
Michael (02-13-2016)
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,932
RE: Starter Kit Blues
Hi and welcome KangerJack!!!

We have a glossary here that may be of some help.

There are various FAQ's here.

And feel free to ask questions. The only stupid questions are those you should have asked but didn't.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
13-02-2016 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Don's post:
Chuck-Drl (02-14-2016), gentlydoingit* (02-13-2016), Michael (02-13-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Starter Kit Blues
Welcome to the forum! 

As Don said, we've tried to put together a FAQ Section with pretty much everything you need to know, but of course there may be things that aren't included or things that are specific to your situation, so you can always ask questions and we'll be happy to help you out. 

As far as your rank question. Are you using the pre-built coils, or are you using the RBA deck? And do you know the PG/VG ratio of your juice? It's definitely not normal for a tank to leak that much, but there are a few things it could be. Make sure the coil is screwed in pretty tight, and check it every time you refill the tank. Sometimes the coil can get loosened which can cause leaks. If you're using the RBA deck, it's possible you just didn't wick it properly, but that doesn't apply if you're using the pre-built coils. Or if the juice is too thin that could be the problem, that tank is made for higher VG juice (around 70VG/30PG or so) and so thin juice can be so runny that it leaks right through the wick. 
13-02-2016 09:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Don (02-13-2016)