Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some Questions
Vance71975 Offline

Likes Given: 3
Some Questions
Hey all, I have some questions for you, these are all personal preference questions so there is no wrong answer!

1a)How Many Posts do you prefer in an RDA 2,3,4,or 5 and why?

1b)When Buying an RDA do you prefer a Single Coil, Dual Coil,Triple Coil, or Quad Coil Set up and why?

2)Do you prefer a Cooler or Warmer Vape?

3)Would you Buy a huge RDA(read 33mm or larger Diameter)

4a) For Sub Ohm Users, Do you prefer a Large build deck where you can easily use the larger gauge wires such as 22g and larger, or are you happy sub ohming with smaller wires such as 26g and up?

4b)For you non-sub Ohm People, Would the larger build deck mentioned above bother you when using smaller wire?

5a)What Design Factor do you feel affects flavor most and why?

5b)What Design Factor do you feel affects clouds most and why(aside from VG% lol)?

6)When buying an RDA do you worry more about Clouds or more about flavor Or do you look for a balance between the two?

7a)Do you prefer your Airflow to be Fixed or Adjustable?

7b)Do you like added Air Flow Holes Higher on the Drip well?

7c)Do you prefer Screw type Airflow Adjustment or Rotating  Ring Type Adjustment?

7d)Do you like Added adjustable air flow on the Drip Tip?

8a)Do you prefer a Small Drip tip Hole, A larger Drip tip Hole or A Chuff Type Drip Tip Hole and why?

8b)Do you prefer a Short Drip tip, Medium Drip tip or a Long Drip tip and why?

8c)Do you prefer a Tall Medium or short addy housing on your RDA's and why?

9a)Do you prefer a fixed or removable center post and why?

9b)What type of insulator do you prefer on your center post Plastic,silicon,ceramic Or Other type and why?

10)What Material do you prefer your Dripper body to be Metal,Some form of clear plastic or glass and why?

11) Do Like the idea of an attachable "auto dripper" tank for the Ability to drip while driving or out and about?

12)Do you like a Heavier RDA or Lighter RDA?

13)Do you like the Built in "heat-sink" type Fins that some RDA's have?

14a)Do you prefer Large, medium or Small Post Holes?

14b)Do you prefer round,hexagonal or octagonal posts and why?

15)What is the Most you would pay for an Original RDA Providing the Craftsmen ship is on point?
31-01-2015 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Vance71975 Offline

RE: Some Questions
One i Forgot, If your a tank Guy and a Dripper with an attachable tank came out that worked great, would you consider it?
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 12:59 AM by Vance71975.)
01-02-2015 12:59 AM
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,341
Whew, that's a lot of questions, but I'll try my best to answer them. 

1a) I prefer 3 posts. It's just what I'm used to, so it's easy for me to build on.

1b) I prefer dual coils. Again, they're easier to build than quads, and way easier than triple coils, and they perform just as well or better in my opinion. Usually single coils aren't worth my time since I like blowing big clouds, though I sometimes use them for flavor atties (Veritas and Phoenix).

2) It really depends on the juice. Usually I'd say cool, but some juices (especially bakery flavors like cinnamon bun) are good warm.

3) I'd definitely be interested in a huge RDA, just to play around with big builds. I highly doubt if it would ever become my all-day vape though. 

4a) I use 24ga or 26ga mostly when I'm building a sub-ohm build. I definitely prefer a larger deck, it's much easier to fit the bigger coils in there and when you're using as much wattage as I am, you need big coils.

4b) When I'm not going sub-ohm, it doesn't bother me to work on a big deck. Actually it can be helpful, since I need to be able to build bigger coils to raise the resistance.

5a) The design factor that matters most for flavor is whether it's designed to be a Veritas. Those things have the best flavor ever. I think it's due to the small chamber, but I could be wrong.

5b) I'd say the main factor for clouds is airflow. Any dummy can build a low resistance coil on almost any dual-coil atty and get decent clouds, but to really call it a "cloud-chasing atty" it needs to have a lot of airflow. This doesn't just mean big air holes either, they also need to have a wide drip tip or chuff cap to make use of the big air holes.

6) Honestly I buy so many RDAs that I really don't worry one way or the other, since I already have good atties for both. If I had to choose one, I'd say clouds, simply because I own more cloud-chasing atties than anything else.

7a) Definitely adjustable. I can't stand having to drill holes in an atty because its hole(s) are way too small.

7b) I don't really understand the question. 

7c) Definitely the airflow control ring. The Dark Horse has what I consider to be the absolute perfect airflow adjustment, with tons of options and it's really easy to use, and it locks in place so it won't move around when I take the cap off to drip.

7d) I've never had a drip tip with airflow adjustment, because it seems pointless to me. I've already got tons of airflow in my atties, so why would I need more air coming in?

8a) I definitely prefer a chuff cap competition-style mouthpiece. It makes it much easier to blow big clouds, since I'm able to inhale much more easily. Aside from that, I also really like steel or brass wide-bore drip tips, but chuff-type caps are my favorite.

8b) I prefer a short-medium length drip tip. Long drip tips are only good for pipe-style mods in my opinion. 

8c) The height of the atty doesn't matter that much to me. I have atties that are very short, like the Doge, and also a Big Dripper which is very tall, and I like them both for different reasons. If I just had to choose, I'd say medium height like the Dark Horse, simply because it's my favorite RDA. 

9a) I prefer a removable center post, because if anything goes wrong with it, it's much easier to fix. With a fixed post, if it twists you're screwed, but with a removable one, you just turn it and tighten the screw down. 

9b) I've never done any research into what insulator is best and I've never taken the time to even find out what's inside mine. I'm pretty sure mine have delrin insulators, which are good, though they've been known to melt under too much heat so maybe ceramic would be better? I'll have to look into that.

10) I prefer metal. Plastic could theoretically melt and glass can be damaged by excessive heat (which is a realistic concern when sub-ohm vaping). I don't have any real reason to need to see into the atty, so why take chances? (side note: I personally prefer steel atties and mods over brass or copper, because I hate polishing). 

11) I'd be interested in trying it, but it's not going to make or break a sale for me. I already have a Big Dripper for driving, so it's not a huge deal for me to have something else to "drip and drive" with. But like I said, I wouldn't mind having it either.

12) I like a heavier RDA, simply because it feels like it's more well-made. Light atties feel cheap, and when you put it on top of a box mod, you don't notice the difference in weight anyway. 

13) I haven't noticed any difference between atties that do have them and those that don't, so it doesn't really matter to me. If I like the look of an atty and it performs well, I'll buy it whether it has heat sink fins or not.

14a) Large post holes. The bigger, the better. I sometimes build parallel coils, so small post holes are awful. Even when I'm not doing crazy builds, it's just easier to build with larger post holes.

14b) I've never seen anything with hexagonal or octagon posts, everything I have has either round or square posts. I prefer the square posts, since they seem to hold the wire better. Plus they just look cool Wink

15) I'd pay $40-50 for an authentic that really made me say "OH MY GOD I NEED THAT!" If it cost more than that or if it was a lackluster atty, I'd just wait for a sale or a clone.

And for the bonus question, I'm not a tank guy so I can't answer that. This was a fun poll, made me think a lot. Are you considering designing an atty?
01-02-2015 03:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Vance71975 Offline

(01-02-2015 03:07 AM)Michael Wrote:  Whew, that's a lot of questions, but I'll try my best to answer them. 

1a) I prefer 3 posts. It's just what I'm used to, so it's easy for me to build on.

1b) I prefer dual coils. Again, they're easier to build than quads, and way easier than triple coils, and they perform just as well or better in my opinion. Usually single coils aren't worth my time since I like blowing big clouds, though I sometimes use them for flavor atties (Veritas and Phoenix).

2) It really depends on the juice. Usually I'd say cool, but some juices (especially bakery flavors like cinnamon bun) are good warm.

3) I'd definitely be interested in a huge RDA, just to play around with big builds. I highly doubt if it would ever become my all-day vape though. 

4a) I use 24ga or 26ga mostly when I'm building a sub-ohm build. I definitely prefer a larger deck, it's much easier to fit the bigger coils in there and when you're using as much wattage as I am, you need big coils.

4b) When I'm not going sub-ohm, it doesn't bother me to work on a big deck. Actually it can be helpful, since I need to be able to build bigger coils to raise the resistance.

5a) The design factor that matters most for flavor is whether it's designed to be a Veritas. Those things have the best flavor ever. I think it's due to the small chamber, but I could be wrong.

5b) I'd say the main factor for clouds is airflow. Any dummy can build a low resistance coil on almost any dual-coil atty and get decent clouds, but to really call it a "cloud-chasing atty" it needs to have a lot of airflow. This doesn't just mean big air holes either, they also need to have a wide drip tip or chuff cap to make use of the big air holes.

6) Honestly I buy so many RDAs that I really don't worry one way or the other, since I already have good atties for both. If I had to choose one, I'd say clouds, simply because I own more cloud-chasing atties than anything else.

7a) Definitely adjustable. I can't stand having to drill holes in an atty because its hole(s) are way too small.

7b) I don't really understand the question. 

7c) Definitely the airflow control ring. The Dark Horse has what I consider to be the absolute perfect airflow adjustment, with tons of options and it's really easy to use, and it locks in place so it won't move around when I take the cap off to drip.

7d) I've never had a drip tip with airflow adjustment, because it seems pointless to me. I've already got tons of airflow in my atties, so why would I need more air coming in?

8a) I definitely prefer a chuff cap competition-style mouthpiece. It makes it much easier to blow big clouds, since I'm able to inhale much more easily. Aside from that, I also really like steel or brass wide-bore drip tips, but chuff-type caps are my favorite.

8b) I prefer a short-medium length drip tip. Long drip tips are only good for pipe-style mods in my opinion. 

8c) The height of the atty doesn't matter that much to me. I have atties that are very short, like the Doge, and also a Big Dripper which is very tall, and I like them both for different reasons. If I just had to choose, I'd say medium height like the Dark Horse, simply because it's my favorite RDA. 

9a) I prefer a removable center post, because if anything goes wrong with it, it's much easier to fix. With a fixed post, if it twists you're screwed, but with a removable one, you just turn it and tighten the screw down. 

9b) I've never done any research into what insulator is best and I've never taken the time to even find out what's inside mine. I'm pretty sure mine have delrin insulators, which are good, though they've been known to melt under too much heat so maybe ceramic would be better? I'll have to look into that.

10) I prefer metal. Plastic could theoretically melt and glass can be damaged by excessive heat (which is a realistic concern when sub-ohm vaping). I don't have any real reason to need to see into the atty, so why take chances? (side note: I personally prefer steel atties and mods over brass or copper, because I hate polishing). 

11) I'd be interested in trying it, but it's not going to make or break a sale for me. I already have a Big Dripper for driving, so it's not a huge deal for me to have something else to "drip and drive" with. But like I said, I wouldn't mind having it either.

12) I like a heavier RDA, simply because it feels like it's more well-made. Light atties feel cheap, and when you put it on top of a box mod, you don't notice the difference in weight anyway. 

13) I haven't noticed any difference between atties that do have them and those that don't, so it doesn't really matter to me. If I like the look of an atty and it performs well, I'll buy it whether it has heat sink fins or not.

14a) Large post holes. The bigger, the better. I sometimes build parallel coils, so small post holes are awful. Even when I'm not doing crazy builds, it's just easier to build with larger post holes.

14b) I've never seen anything with hexagonal or octagon posts, everything I have has either round or square posts. I prefer the square posts, since they seem to hold the wire better. Plus they just look cool Wink

15) I'd pay $40-50 for an authentic that really made me say "OH MY GOD I NEED THAT!" If it cost more than that or if it was a lackluster atty, I'd just wait for a sale or a clone.

And for the bonus question, I'm not a tank guy so I can't answer that. This was a fun poll, made me think a lot. Are you considering designing an atty?

Yes actually I am Considering it, I downloaded a Free Cad Program to play around with, and i am going to talk to a Machine Shop to see how much it would cost to have a Prototype Milled, Save up and go from there. But I must warn you, without giving to much away, Because well I dont want someone loaded to get the idea and beat me to the punch, let me just say this, there is nothing like it on the market at this point in time, and Sadly I highly highly highly doubt it will be anywhere near the 40-50 price range, Honestly, it will likely be closer to the 150-300 range depending on a few factors that i dont know the cost on yet. Basically i am Reinventing the wheel so to speak Or at least that is the hope.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 04:14 AM by Vance71975.)
01-02-2015 04:03 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Vance71975's post:
BOB (02-02-2015), Spasmod (02-01-2015)
Michael Offline

That's awesome mate, best of luck to you Smile I can't afford to spend that much all at once, but I'm sure there are people who would. If it was something insanely spectacular that totally blew me away, I might be able to save up and get one, but honestly I doubt if I could bring myself to spend that much on an atty when I already have several that work well. 

What would be awesome is if you could design something amazing and then sell the idea to a big name ecig manufacturer who could mass-produce it more cheaply Smile If you could bring it down under $100 I'd be much more likely to get one. 
01-02-2015 04:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Vance71975 (02-01-2015)
Vance71975 Offline

(01-02-2015 04:21 AM)Michael Wrote:  That's awesome mate, best of luck to you Smile I can't afford to spend that much all at once, but I'm sure there are people who would. If it was something insanely spectacular that totally blew me away, I might be able to save up and get one, but honestly I doubt if I could bring myself to spend that much on an atty when I already have several that work well. 

What would be awesome is if you could design something amazing and then sell the idea to a big name ecig manufacturer who could mass-produce it more cheaply Smile If you could bring it down under $100 I'd be much more likely to get one. 

Cost MAY or MAY NOT be what i said, there are a lot of factors to take in and I have yet to know the cost on Machining and Materials so, i could be way off, it could be a lot cheaper than i am projecting.
01-02-2015 05:44 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vance71975's post:
Michael (02-02-2015)
Vance71975 Offline

anyone else? Please?
02-02-2015 02:58 AM
Michael Offline

I hope it is cheaper, like I said I'm sure there are folks out there who would be willing to pay that much, I'm just not one of them. I'll mention this thread over in the chat hub, see if I can drum up some more participants for you Smile
02-02-2015 03:02 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Vance71975 (02-02-2015)
Vance71975 Offline

(02-02-2015 03:02 AM)Michael Wrote:  I hope it is cheaper, like I said I'm sure there are folks out there who would be willing to pay that much, I'm just not one of them. I'll mention this thread over in the chat hub, see if I can drum up some more participants for you Smile

Thanks man!
02-02-2015 07:44 AM