20-07-2017 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
TinWhisker (07-20-2017)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,301
RE: So done with smoking
OP - you aren't craving nicotine!  The first few days after you start vaping, you're going to have what FEEL like nic cravings, so you think it's not working and you want a cig no matter how much you vape.  What you're experiencing is your body detoxing from the OTHER 4,000 or so chemicals found in a cigarette.  Stay strong, keep vaping, and one day it'll just disappear.  For some people it takes 3 days, others 2 weeks - but it'll happen.  And when it happens, something amazing happens.  Cigarettes suddenly taste disgusting and you can't stand to be around them, much less smoke one.  You'll get there!

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
20-07-2017 09:38 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
bibliora (07-30-2017), ecignut (07-20-2017), Fatboy (07-20-2017), TinWhisker (07-20-2017), Xplycko (07-21-2017)
candlelight Offline

Likes Given: 0
(20-07-2017 09:38 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  OP - you aren't craving nicotine!  The first few days after you start vaping, you're going to have what FEEL like nic cravings, so you think it's not working and you want a cig no matter how much you vape.  What you're experiencing is your body detoxing from the OTHER 4,000 or so chemicals found in a cigarette.  Stay strong, keep vaping, and one day it'll just disappear.  For some people it takes 3 days, others 2 weeks - but it'll happen.  And when it happens, something amazing happens.  Cigarettes suddenly taste disgusting and you can't stand to be around them, much less smoke one.  You'll get there!
OMG that is exactly what i was thinking, holy crap what have i been smoking. I am vaping at the highest level i can tolerate and still i am craving something. Thank you so much for helping me not feel crazy!!! Well i am at 4 cigs for the day from 1.5 a pack a day to 4!!! i feel so happy with what i am achieving thus far and how i am progressing. I couldn't have done it without vaping!!! Thank you all for being a support system!!
20-07-2017 10:52 PM
candlelight Offline

well my bipolar kid came home, talking about how she hates life. she has proven to be suicidal in the past so when she gets like this i don't doubt what she is capable of. Now i am up to 4 to 6 cigs for the day. I am still celebrating i am far from 1.5 cigs a day.
20-07-2017 11:42 PM
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,783
Welcome to TVF and hang in there you'll make it. You've picked a good forum to call home. A lot of knowledgeable and friendly people here. We're here if you need us.

Keep Calm and Vape On!
21-07-2017 11:41 AM
candlelight Offline

Not been as successful today up to 6 cigs and it's only 630. Been a rough day. I just keep reminding myself i am coming from 1.5 pack a day habit to under 10 cigs a day. So far i haven't exceeded 6 a day in the last two days i set out on this quest. I think i am doing pretty good
21-07-2017 10:34 PM
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,072
cl, you obviously are determined to make this work for you - stick with it!

If I can make a suggestion, if at all financially possible pick up another tank or RDA or even a decent backup mod - set it up with a different e-juice - sometimes variety will help, if you're currently vaping fruits, get a tart type custard or pastry...you need to trick your taste buds and your brain....a different mod/tank with a different flavour profile may assist you in ways you hadn't thought of or considered...it's a psychological brain hack trick that works with many...
21-07-2017 10:46 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Fatboy's post:
mike.williams (07-21-2017), paulS (07-21-2017)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,301
Just stop smoking.  Seriously - it's easier than you think.

1 - determine if small puffs or big inhales work better for you.  Picking the right style makes ALL the difference.

2 - don't use tobacco-flavored juice.  It doesn't mimic your favorite cig, it makes you want one.  Get a juice that tastes like your favorite dessert or drink or whatever - but nothing like a cigarette.

3 - Just stop smoking.  It's only really hard for a couple of days.  And after those other chemicals are out of your system, you'll be shocked how fast you can reduce your nicotine level.

You can do it.  Smile

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
22-07-2017 05:03 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
mike.williams (07-22-2017), Xplycko (07-30-2017)
candlelight Offline

honestly coming from a 1.5 pack a day 7-10 cigs is a major improvement..i am feeling withdrawals big time cutting back soo much. I feel i am making progress but maybe in increments which seems to be the best i can do right now...like i said i am feeling massive withdrawals 
30-07-2017 01:09 AM
candlelight Offline

(21-07-2017 10:46 PM)Fatboy Wrote:  cl, you obviously are determined to make this work for you - stick with it!

If I can make a suggestion, if at all financially possible pick up another tank or RDA or even a decent backup mod - set it up with a different e-juice - sometimes variety will help, if you're currently vaping fruits, get a tart type custard or pastry...you need to trick your taste buds and your brain....a different mod/tank with a different flavour profile may assist you in ways you hadn't thought of or considered...it's a psychological brain hack trick that works with many.I 
I am actually using a high cigalike to curve my cravings
30-07-2017 01:10 AM