Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smoking or Vaping ?
Haze Kraze Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 8
Smoking or Vaping ?
Talking generally! Which one is in more favor in the world? 
Smoking or vaping?
Just wondering!
10-04-2015 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,119
RE: Smoking or Vaping ?
That one is easy.. But I don't swear S****** S*****g Sm****g no sorry cant say it.. of course that is only because of the shear number of S****** ..Vaping is far better though Prankster2

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
10-04-2015 10:28 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
Michael (04-10-2015)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Well I'm not so sure Rob. Is it really in more favor, or just more popular? To me "in more favor" means people look at it as better, and I'd say smokers all know what they're doing to themselves, whereas vapers know that what they're doing is good for them. But maybe I'm interpreting the question wrong. 
10-04-2015 01:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
I smoked for 20 years.  And I genuinely enjoyed the hell out of every cigarette.  I *loved* smoking.

I quit because of health concerns but even more, MONEY.  It was just getting to be too damn expensive.

I finally quit *successfully* by switching to vape - and I wish I'd done it years earlier.  

I loved smoking.  And I like vaping waaaaay more.  Smile

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
10-04-2015 10:46 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
BOB (04-12-2015), Haze Kraze (04-13-2015), Michael (04-11-2015), randm (04-13-2015)
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
I think the world currently favors smokers because they don't know what to think about vaping. If your blowing clouds they look at you like your doing something wrong. The public is just not educated enough about vaping and states running negative publicity adds doesn't help. Just my opinion
10-04-2015 10:47 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Breazy_Com's post:
Michael (04-11-2015)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
I somehow missed the "in the world" part; I was under the impression we were being asked our personal feelings, lol.

Depends on what you mean by "in favor".  Politically?  With people on the street?  In the media?  Or do you just mean which one are their more people doing?

If it's the latter, of course it's smoking; cigarettes have around for venturies in one form or another, marketed by multi billion dollar corporations to the entire world population.  e-cigs have barely been in existance in their current form for a decade - and have only really taken off in popularity in the last 3-5 years.  There is simply no question.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
11-04-2015 01:26 AM
Haze Kraze Offline
Banned

(10-04-2015 10:46 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  I smoked for 20 years.  And I genuinely enjoyed the hell out of every cigarette.  I *loved* smoking.

I quit because of health concerns but even more, MONEY.  It was just getting to be too damn expensive.

I finally quit *successfully* by switching to vape - and I wish I'd done it years earlier.  

Lol good for you Smile I know smoking gets expensive at times. Much more costly than vaping. Vaping is much more safer and inexpensive activity.

(11-04-2015 01:26 AM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  I somehow missed the "in the world" part; I was under the impression we were being asked our personal feelings, lol.

Depends on what you mean by "in favor".  Politically?  With people on the street?  In the media?  Or do you just mean which one are their more people doing?

If it's the latter, of course it's smoking; cigarettes have around for venturies in one form or another, marketed by multi billion dollar corporations to the entire world population.  e-cigs have barely been in existance in their current form for a decade - and have only really taken off in popularity in the last 3-5 years.  There is simply no question.
By that i meant publicly. Yes people of some areas are not even aware of vaping. n they don't have no idea what they're throwing inside their bodies for all those million dollars!
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2015 07:00 AM by Haze Kraze.)
13-04-2015 06:56 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Haze Kraze's post:
Almost Jaded (04-13-2015)
randm Offline

Likes Given: 19
(10-04-2015 10:46 PM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  I smoked for 20 years.  And I genuinely enjoyed the hell out of every cigarette.  I *loved* smoking.

I agree 100%.
13-04-2015 02:46 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like randm's post:
Almost Jaded (04-13-2015), Michael (04-13-2015)
stickle Offline

Likes Given: 29
I have come to the conclusion that anyone who smokes nowadays has a death wish.
28-04-2015 02:34 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like stickle's post:
Haze Kraze (05-04-2015), Michael (04-28-2015)
Scrotebag Bill Offline

Here in the UK smoking has become very frowned upon. Ever since the big smoking in public places ban started, from that point on it has taken a serious nose dive. Smokers pushed outdoors, pub culture taking a negative downward turn & a general all round naivety among the general public helped along by lashings of bad press. The emergence of 'e-cigs' (don't like that term) was a blow to the stomach of any anti smoker, just when they thought they had it in the bag along came vaping.
Well it may not be the most important of current affairs in the world but vapers are different to smokers in that they are willing to fight for their freedom to continue the activity. The media here is light years behind the vaping community regarding factual truths but they still keep spinning their uninformed scare stories & putting it into the heads of the public. The BBC are pretty bad for that & i swear they must getting back handers sometimes with the tripe they spout on tv.

Overall there is a misinformed negaitive attitude towards all of it & it seems that only vapers give a damn. By this time next year, 2016, we will be living in a different vape world & i'm not looking forward to it in any positive way.
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2015 05:19 PM by Scrotebag Bill.)
28-04-2015 05:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scrotebag Bill's post:
Robjenko (05-02-2015)