Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smok xcube II
Chum Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 918
RE: Smok xcube II
 Dont think I would care for the LED...can you turn it off?
04-10-2015 09:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,203
@TinWhisker

It is incredibly easy to get sucked into the 'more power is better' mind set. It has drawbacks. You put a Crown Uwell or a TVF4 on a mod and you will be going through juice like nobody's business. Honestly you can vape between 17 - 25 watts with a decent tank - even a kayfun if you wish to build - and get a great vape. If you want flavor check out how to build a genny (genesis tank). They have incredible flavor and do not require a lot of power.

Now do not get me wrong. I own mech boxes and tubes and build RDAs under .2 ohms. I do it because I can and its fun. But I can get a satisfying vape with a lot less power. I do own two Crown Uwells as well. But I pace myself these days and vape on lower wattage devices at 1. - 2. ohm coils all the time - I will build them if I have to. I like temp control but a lot of the temp control devices also drink through juice rapidly. Of course you can start making your own juices - it takes time to get the recipes right - and save a lot of money.

So the Smok. It is a great device. I don't agree that it is easy on batteries though. Anytime you vape at higher wattages at low ohms you drain batteries. At least it is a dual battery though. I find it interesting when people tell me they generally vape above 60 watts. There is absolutely no need to to get a flavorful vape. Not that I'm against it - I do it too. But I can build an RDA and vape at 35-40 watts and get quite good flavour of a freakshow with a .5 ohm build. That said - go ahead. But do it knowing why. You just like the idea of vaping at 65+ watts with a new tank - Arctic, Uwell, TFV4 etc. I do too. In the end vaping for many of us is also a hobby. I tend to collect mods and tanks and RDAs. I spend a fair bit of time re-wicking and building coils. I enjoy it. 

Just don't think it is the best way to vape. It is one of many ways to vape. As long as you are vaping and not smoking all power to you. And I say this as I sit by the computer vaping on my Phillino MunEquitas with a .15 ohm Doge V2 on top of it. Course I also have my Kayfun Lite nearby for when I get vaped out with the RDA. 

Stay calm - Vape On

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
05-10-2015 03:54 AM
Antichip Offline

Likes Given: 0
Please do not get this mod until they get the bugs worked out in the new firmware. It will on it's own switch from temp mode to max watt mode. WHILE vaping. This thing almost caught my pocket on fire. Remember titanium will self ignite if heated too much. Just stay away.
18-10-2015 02:14 PM
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
(18-10-2015 02:14 PM)Antichip Wrote:  Please do not get this mod until they get the bugs worked out in the new firmware. It will on it's own switch from temp mode to max watt mode. WHILE vaping. This thing almost caught my pocket on fire. Remember titanium will self ignite if heated too much. Just stay away.
There have been three updates, On V1.9.3 I had to load it twice. After that it no longer switches to wattage mode with temp coils. Mine has been rock solid. no issues and I run Ti coils exclusively.

Try loading the firmware again.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
19-10-2015 02:47 PM