Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smok xcube II
NotoriousVape Offline

Likes Given: 4
Smok xcube II
Really liking the look of this mod, and I love my m80 plus but was just wondering if anyone in the group has bought the new cube yet? I posted this question on a local Facebook vaping group that I belong to and someone made mention that they had heard there is issues with the Bluetooth feature, has anyone experience this yet, or know of a reviewer that has? Just kind of curious if its worth a shot of buying or if its just a higher wattage m80 plus with an led light in it. If it is, I will spend my money else where since I hardly vape over 65 watts. Thanks in advance guys Hi
14-08-2015 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 23,204
RE: Smok xcube II
*Until I learn more about vaping, I'm going to disclose my noobness is every post so no one thinks I actually know what I'm talking about yet, because I don't. Just sayin'.*

I was reading another post yesterday and stumbled upon the website for that thing. It looks cool, with all the features, bluetooth, and LED light bar, but I'll be honest... I don't know what makes it better than my simple Tesla Sidewinder II, can anyone explain the big differences, aside from removable separate rechargeable cells? Is this an upgrade to my current mod, or is this a different category altogether?
14-08-2015 05:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Michael (08-15-2015)
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,341
TinWhiskers there's no shame in admitting you don't know, as a matter of fact we love to hear people admit they don't know because that gives us an opportunity to help Smile 
The main difference between mods like this and your Sidewinder is just power output and customizability (I'm not sure if that's a real word, but it is now). When you're able to use more power, you can use better atomizers that will give you a better vape. That's why a lot of us talk about our sub-ohm tanks, RDAs and beastly box mods, because things like that put out better vapor and flavor than simple clearomizer tanks and batteries like your Sidewinder. Also by having bigger batteries, we can vape at higher power for longer because those batteries are able to put out more power and have higher capacity so they last longer. For example, if you tried to put a sub-ohm tank on your Sidewinder, it probably wouldn't even fire because most pen-style Ecigs won't fire anything below 1.0 ohms, but even if it did fire, it wouldn't be able to keep up with the demands of a sub-ohm tank because they require more power to work properly. But when they are working properly with a high powered mod, they'll put out bigger clouds and better flavor than anything your Sidewinder could ever dream of. 
Hope that helps, if you have any more questions just ask, we were all noobs at some point Smile 

Edit: I don't want you to think I'm saying your Sidewinder is just like a pen style battery, because it's definitely better than one of those. But it's not as powerful as a box mod like this, so that's where the comparison came from. Yours is a mid-level device, able to perform well enough for most people but a lot of us like to blow bigger clouds and so we need high-end mods to make that happen. 
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2015 04:24 AM by Michael.)
15-08-2015 04:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
ecignut (08-15-2015), TinWhisker (10-09-2015)
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
The X cube really is great, There is a complete firmware update on the SMOK website that makes it one of if not the best mod out right now. I'm running mine with a dual titanium coil and it absolutely is amazing. No dry hits at all, great battery life and it hits really hard. The update is a little hard to do but they really seem to have gotten it right. If this device was a problem plagued as the M50/65 or M80 it was going to be the last SMOK product of any type I would stock. but it is really a great device. They hiy out of the park on this one.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
15-08-2015 03:35 PM
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,341
I actually talked to a guy at a shop today who was using the X Cube and he said he loved it. They started carrying it recently and he said it's their top selling mod, apparently the big selling point is being able to change what color lights up when it fires Tongue
16-08-2015 12:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
The LED is the only function on mine that isn't working. Otherwise it is an incredibly good functioning device. SMOK knew they had to get this one right or they would be in trouble.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
16-08-2015 04:35 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes madecov's post:
Michael (08-16-2015)
NotoriousVape Offline

Awesome to know guys, thanks! I did some more reading up this weekend as well and it appears this will be my new mod for sure Smile Now to find the best price lol 
17-08-2015 01:57 PM
VapingVamps Offline

Likes Given: 3
NotoriousVape, i had been looking at the SMok XCube II as well. the guys at my vape shop said for the power and all it has, it is a good mod. one of the guys even offered to sell me his as he liked it but needed more. i think they are selling around 70$ where i go, maybe more, he offered it to me at like 60-65. I am coming to find out that even though temp control vaping is a good thing for those that understand it, i am going to not dive in to it just yet, and stick with good ole .5ohm kanthal. every where i end up looking at reviews on the XCube 2 its getting awesome feedback. I do agree, Smok needed to pull a home run to stay in the game.. well the Xcube 2 and the TFV tank will hopefully be that suicide squeeze play they needed.
17-08-2015 06:54 PM
Jarhed2014 Offline

Guys at VapeNW have it for $60...

Question for those that have this mod though...I just ordered it and i'm waiting for it to get here, but...does it take flat top or button top batteries or does it matter?  Also what battery are you using?  There are a ton of threads about batteries and there are even more batteries out there, it's a little overwhelming. i'll be using a TFV4 with either the .2 coil or .4 coil. I'm currently using a coolfire 4 with atlantis v2 and switching between the .3 and .5 coil. 
29-09-2015 02:32 AM
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
Flat top 18650 cells are an "industry standard" for vaping box mods, regardless if it is one or two cells (batteries) used. Vape pens are a battery within themselves. There are mods that have self-contained cells that you recharge the cells with a USB cable connected to the mod box. The Smok X Cube II uses 2x flat top 18650 cells that are charged separately from the box with a charger. This is a nice feature of most boxes as you can have a fresh set of cells ready to go when you charging the others. NON STOP VAPING!
29-09-2015 01:54 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JEFF's post:
Jarhed2014 (09-30-2015)