Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smok Xpro M80 Plus review UPDATED
CL0UD_Z3R0 Offline

Likes Given: 119
Smok Xpro M80 Plus review UPDATED
Hello everyone! Today I will be reviewing the Smok Xpro M80 Plus. I picked this beauty up from VapeNW about a week ago, on sale, for $49.99. 

Form: The first thing that I noticed about this mod was how solid it feels in your hand. The box is made from and aluminum alloy and the top and bottom caps are made from a zinc alloy giving the device a nice heft without making it too heavy. The finish is really good looking and gives the device a sleek look while allowing for a good grip to prevent it slipping from your hand. I have, sadly, dropped this mod a couple of times, both on a concrete floor from about 4 feet high, and there still is not a scratch or ding on the body. That being said, the top and bottom caps, the top one in particular, are extremely easy to scratch. The top of mine had a circle scratched around the 510 connector from the first time I screwed my tank onto the device. The device has a nice blue display that is extremely easy to navigate and includes the battery display, the ohm and voltage displays as well as settings for; 3 different modes of operation, a puff counter, a puff limiter, time and date settings, temperature settings for temperature mode, and an on/off function. The buttons are nicely placed and pretty sturdy. This device does, for some reason, feature a manual reset button between the plus and minus buttons in case your mod become unresponsive while in use. Have not had to use that button yet, fingers crossed. I've seen others, online, having issues with buttons being loose and rattling on the device,but I have not encountered this issue. The charging port, my least favorite thing about this device, is located on the bottom of the unit next to the vent for the battery. This is my least favorite thing about this mod because I have to take my tank off to charge the device as I do not like to lay my tanks on their sides.

Function: This device features 3 firing modes; Wattage mode, Mechanical mode, and Temperature mode. Wattage mode is the classic "pick your poison" option where you tell the mod to output a certain amount of watts, between 6 and 80, and the mod grants your wish. Mechanical mode is a fantastic feature that emulates a mechanical mod by utilizing both of the Li-Polymer 18650 batteries to fire unregulated straight from the battery to the atomizer. This is my favorite mode to use for my RDAs. Temperature mode is a mode that I, as of now, have not utilized because it required the atomizer to use Nickel coils and I do not use them. Paired with an Arctic sub ohm tank, with .2 ohm coils, I can vape this device on 80 watts for great flavor, tremendous clouds, and no dry hitting whatsoever. The .5 ohm coils, however, I can't take past 60 watts because every hit past 60 watts is, almost, completely dry. Not matter what wattage I choose to vape on or how often I just can not seem to kill the battery, which sports a hefty 4400 mAh. I didn't put this thing down for a full 12 hours today and it was still at 58% when I put it on charge. The puff counter feature on the device also has another feature that allows you to set a puff limit. The puff limiter shuts down the device as the set amount of puffs have been reached. I do not think I will ever use this feature, personally,but I'm sure that someone somewhere will get use out of it. The time and date feature on this device, which I do not feel is beneficial In any way, will allow you to set the time and date for display when the fire button is pressed on the device while it is locked. 

Final Thought: I am extremely pleased with this device and i do not feel that i will be considering an upgrade of any kind anytime soon. I find that the power produced by this mod is sufficient for my personal tastes. There are a couple of features that, while someone else may find them useful, I will probably never have a use for but these do not hinder my enjoyment or affect the functionality of the device. Thanks for reading and, as always, take care of yourselves and each other.

09/12/15 UPDATE:
After owning this device for a while now, I would like to update a few of my opinions on the device. 
First off, the fire button is pretty much non responsive anymore. I usually have to hold the button for 3 or 4 seconds to get it to fire correctly. I've taken this device completely apart several times and I simply can do nothing to resolve the button issue. 
I've also had an issue where the firing pin broke loose from inside the 510 connector and would not make a connection with tanks or attys. I had to disassemble the unit and Gorilla Glue the pin back into place which was kind of a pain in the buns. 
Looking back I would actually not change a lot of my opinions because this has indeed been a great device and I still use it every single day. I have no true complaints with the device, I just wanted to get my resolutions to those issues (will keep you posted on the fire button issue) out there in case other were having the same problem. I sincerely hope that no one else has the couple of issues that I've had with the product. Thank you for reading. Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 11:24 AM by CL0UD_Z3R0.)
03-05-2015 07:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 7 users Like CL0UD_Z3R0's post:
backyardhunter (07-09-2015), BOB (05-03-2015), Cman (05-15-2015), Don (05-04-2015), JohnnyMac (07-26-2015), Michael (05-03-2015), Robjenko (05-04-2015)
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Smok Xpro M80 Plus review
Good review Smile 
03-05-2015 09:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
I have my M80. I like it very much. But, I'm on 40 watts just to the point of coughing. What do I do with the remaining 40 watts? Don't get me wrong. It is real nice to have and i agree with Cloud's Review. I was just thinking, I could have stayed with my 30 watt I stick and got the same results. BUT! as I said, It is cool to have. 

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
07-05-2015 02:07 AM
Michael Offline

At some point it boils down to just wanting to collect the shiny things (a common disease among vapers known as "shinyitis"), but it can also be helpful for giving extra battery life. When you're using your mod at lower power levels, of course it will take longer to discharge, and if a mod is made for higher power levels, that usually means the battery will have a high capacity to keep up, so using lower power means that extra high capacity will last even longer. 

Also I don't know about you, but I really enjoy having different kinds of mods to choose from. If I want a big clunky thing that looks like a beautiful brick, I'll use the God Mod. If I want something I can cloud chase with or just use casually with a shitload of battery life, I'll use the Sigelei. If I want something understated but still powerful, I'll pull out my black iStick 50W. If I want something powerful that says "I like bright colors a.k.a. fun things" I'll pull out the blue iStick 50W. And if I want something tiny to stick in my pocket and be discreet, I'll pull out the iStick 20W. Power is only one factor in the equation for me. 
07-05-2015 04:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael's post:
CL0UD_Z3R0 (05-07-2015), JohnnyMac (07-26-2015)
CL0UD_Z3R0 Offline

(07-05-2015 04:19 AM)Michael Wrote:  At some point it boils down to just wanting to collect the shiny things (a common disease among vapers known as "shinyitis"), but it can also be helpful for giving extra battery life. When you're using your mod at lower power levels, of course it will take longer to discharge, and if a mod is made for higher power levels, that usually means the battery will have a high capacity to keep up, so using lower power means that extra high capacity will last even longer. 

Also I don't know about you, but I really enjoy having different kinds of mods to choose from. If I want a big clunky thing that looks like a beautiful brick, I'll use the God Mod. If I want something I can cloud chase with or just use casually with a shitload of battery life, I'll use the Sigelei. If I want something understated but still powerful, I'll pull out my black iStick 50W. If I want something powerful that says "I like bright colors a.k.a. fun things" I'll pull out the blue iStick 50W. And if I want something tiny to stick in my pocket and be discreet, I'll pull out the iStick 20W. Power is only one factor in the equation for me. 
Probably have a different mod for each outfit huh? Tongue
07-05-2015 01:42 PM
Michael Offline

(07-05-2015 01:42 PM)CL0UD_Z3R0 Wrote:  Probably have a different mod for each outfit huh? Tongue

HELL NO!!! ...the outfit has to match the mod I want to use, not the other way around Tongue

But really, most of my mods are black, and there's not much that doesn't go well with basic black. 
07-05-2015 05:49 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
CL0UD_Z3R0 (05-07-2015)
CL0UD_Z3R0 Offline

(07-05-2015 05:49 PM)Michael Wrote:  
(07-05-2015 01:42 PM)CL0UD_Z3R0 Wrote:  Probably have a different mod for each outfit huh? Tongue

HELL NO!!! ...the outfit has to match the mod I want to use, not the other way around Tongue

But really, most of my mods are black, and there's not much that doesn't go well with basic black. 

Amen to that my friend!
07-05-2015 07:54 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like CL0UD_Z3R0's post:
JohnnyMac (07-26-2015), Michael (05-07-2015)
Cman Offline

Likes Given: 166
(03-05-2015 07:58 AM)CL0UD_Z3R0 Wrote:  Hello everyone! Today I will be reviewing the Smok Xpro M80 Plus. I picked this beauty up from VapeNW about a week ago, on sale, for $49.99. 

Form: The first thing that I noticed about this mod was how solid it feels in your hand. The box is made from and aluminum alloy and the top and bottom caps are made from a zinc alloy giving the device a nice heft without making it too heavy. The finish is really good looking and gives the device a sleek look while allowing for a good grip to prevent it slipping from your hand. I have, sadly, dropped this mod a couple of times, both on a concrete floor from about 4 feet high, and there still is not a scratch or ding on the body. That being said, the top and bottom caps, the top one in particular, are extremely easy to scratch. The top of mine had a circle scratched around the 510 connector from the first time I screwed my tank onto the device. The device has a nice blue display that is extremely easy to navigate and includes the battery display, the ohm and voltage displays as well as settings for; 3 different modes of operation, a puff counter, a puff limiter, time and date settings, temperature settings for temperature mode, and an on/off function. The buttons are nicely placed and pretty sturdy. This device does, for some reason, feature a manual reset button between the plus and minus buttons in case your mod become unresponsive while in use. Have not had to use that button yet, fingers crossed. I've seen others, online, having issues with buttons being loose and rattling on the device,but I have not encountered this issue. The charging port, my least favorite thing about this device, is located on the bottom of the unit next to the vent for the battery. This is my least favorite thing about this mod because I have to take my tank off to charge the device as I do not like to lay my tanks on their sides.

Function: This device features 3 firing modes; Wattage mode, Mechanical mode, and Temperature mode. Wattage mode is the classic "pick your poison" option where you tell the mod to output a certain amount of watts, between 6 and 80, and the mod grants your wish. Mechanical mode is a fantastic feature that emulates a mechanical mod by utilizing both of the Li-Polymer 18650 batteries to fire unregulated straight from the battery to the atomizer. This is my favorite mode to use for my RDAs. Temperature mode is a mode that I, as of now, have not utilized because it required the atomizer to use Nickel coils and I do not use them. Paired with an Arctic sub ohm tank, with .2 ohm coils, I can vape this device on 80 watts for great flavor, tremendous clouds, and no dry hitting whatsoever. The .5 ohm coils, however, I can't take past 60 watts because every hit past 60 watts is, almost, completely dry. Not matter what wattage I choose to vape on or how often I just can not seem to kill the battery, which sports a hefty 4400 mAh. I didn't put this thing down for a full 12 hours today and it was still at 58% when I put it on charge. The puff counter feature on the device also has another feature that allows you to set a puff limit. The puff limiter shuts down the device as the set amount of puffs have been reached. I do not think I will ever use this feature, personally,but I'm sure that someone somewhere will get use out of it. The time and date feature on this device, which I do not feel is beneficial In any way, will allow you to set the time and date for display when the fire button is pressed on the device while it is locked. 

Final Thought: I am extremely pleased with this device and i do not feel that i will be considering an upgrade of any kind anytime soon. I find that the power produced by this mod is sufficient for my personal tastes. There are a couple of features that, while someone else may find them useful, I will probably never have a use for but these do not hinder my enjoyment or affect the functionality of the device. Thanks for reading and, as always, take care of yourselves and each other.

Even though i'm not looking for mods i must sincerely thank you for posting a text review .  Thank God , it seems every review i click on is a no comment "YouTube" review which i cannot and will not watch .

Thanks for taking the time to write this.
15-05-2015 03:58 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Cman's post:
BOB (05-15-2015), CL0UD_Z3R0 (05-15-2015), JohnnyMac (07-26-2015)
CL0UD_Z3R0 Offline

(15-05-2015 03:58 AM)Cman Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 07:58 AM)CL0UD_Z3R0 Wrote:  Hello everyone! Today I will be reviewing the Smok Xpro M80 Plus. I picked this beauty up from VapeNW about a week ago, on sale, for $49.99. 

Even though i'm not looking for mods i must sincerely thank you for posting a text review .  Thank God , it seems every review i click on is a no comment "YouTube" review which i cannot and will not watch .

Thanks for taking the time to write this.
My pleasure. I'm not a big fan of video reviews unless they're done just right. Smile
15-05-2015 03:23 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes CL0UD_Z3R0's post:
Cman (05-15-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
As far as video reviews go, I am new so i kind of listen to them all. But like the RC forum, everyone has an opinion and you have to weed out whats good and what's not. I like Rip tripper. I don't know about the quality of his  "how to" video's but he is entertaining. Kind of a character. Crazy 

(15-05-2015 11:24 PM)jerryz Wrote:  As far as video reviews go, I am new so i kind of listen to them all. But like the RC forum, everyone has an opinion and you have to weed out whats good and what's not. I like Rip Tripper. I don't know about the quality of his  "how to" video's but he is entertaining. Kind of a character. Crazy 
I believe I mentioned this before, but part of any hobby is collecting... stamps, coins, baseball cards, RC airplanes and Vape stuff. I guess if we were meant to own only one mod or tank, they would make only one mod and tank. But there are hundreds out there. I'm guilty myself. I bought that Itaste 134 Mini basically because it looked cool Like the actual 134 Machine Gun. 

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
(This post was last modified: 15-05-2015 11:29 PM by jerryz.)
15-05-2015 11:24 PM