Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smok TF-R2 Issues
sleepy3103 Offline

Likes Given: 4
Smok TF-R2 Issues
 Hello everyone. I have been trying to build some coils for my Smok TF-R2 RBA and I get great vapor but hardly any flavor. When I first got it I used the coils it came with and it was great but I was wicking it to tight or something and it would get burnt in a day or two. Now I am buiding my own for it. The first set was made with 26 gauge kanthal and wrapped about 6 times with a 2.5mm inner diameter. I was around .5 ohms. It had no flavor and as I went slowly higher with the watts it went from no flavor to burnt. The same thing happened with the next two sets. One was 24 gauge with a 3mm inner diameter and wrapped about 8 times with around .38 ohms. This second set started out with good flavor then it just fell off and I couldn't get it back. The other was still 24 gauge wrapped 9 times with 2mm inner diameter and .28 ohms. I can't get any flavor. What am I doing wrong?

Also I have been having issues with the prebuilt coils from smok. They don't last at all. I get from 1 to 3 days out of them. I always prime them before using them and start at low watts and work my way up. My buddy has the same tank and his have been burning up quick also. I run mine at as low wattage as I can for a given coil to work properly.

Thanks for the help.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2016 09:57 AM by sleepy3103.)
06-06-2016 08:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply